Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2015 1:54:30 PM EDT
What's the preferred mount, my larue 1/3 mount seems high to me. Also doesn't seem to mount tightly. Its off one of my ar's, so I figured I'd end up buying a new mount anyways.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:55:51 PM EDT
[#1]
ADM
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:09:49 PM EDT
[#2]

On rifles that have raised top rails, like the AUG A3, Beretta ARX, etc., I like to use the ADM cas-v height mount.

It's lower than an absolute cowitness mount by about the same difference between an absolute and lower 1/3 mount.

www.primaryarms.com/American_Defense_Aimpoint_T1_Micro_Mount_CAS_p/ad-t1-cas-v.htm

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:56:58 PM EDT
[#3]
What's wrong with the mount that came with your Micro?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 6:44:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I lost that mount when I mounted the larue 3 years ago. Does the stock mount put it at a good height?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 6:46:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Adm mount looks like the ticket, with my larue mount , I have to use a chin weld.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:32:15 AM EDT
[#6]
My Aug has a split rail - open in the center like a SCAR or TAVOR. The LaRue does not work well since it uses a short block that barely catches the sides of the rail. Went 100% to ADM because of this on all platforms.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:41:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I lost that mount when I mounted the larue 3 years ago. Does the stock mount put it at a good height?
View Quote

Bummer. The Micro with the factory mount is works great on both the A3 and the M1 high rail for a good solid cheekweld. It might be a little low on the M1 lower rail, but it would still work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top