Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2015 4:49:48 PM EDT
Seems like they were in the low $1600's, now, low $1700s.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 5:55:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd put my money on it being due to tax season. More people getting refunds and buying guns. Which means higher demand.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 6:29:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup, I'm thinking tax season too.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:39:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Wholesale prices have not gone up.  All of our distributors still charge the same price for the last several months.  If the cost has gone up, it is the retailer doing it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:25:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wholesale prices have not gone up.  All of our distributors still charge the same price for the last several months.  If the cost has gone up, it is the retailer doing it.

View Quote
This.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:28:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.  

a whole $100 dollars?

really? With all thats going on that's a surprise? Do you want one or not?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:16:22 PM EDT
[#6]
My personal opinion - late 2014 was the time to buy. There was massive oversupply and dealers were facing the new reality of the market glut - so amazing deals were to be had.  We are still in the tail end of that, but prices basically only have one direction to go right now (with the exception of .22 LR and M855).  Copper prices are also at record lows, with people closing copper mines in fact.  Prices are still close to bottom right now.

This is going to change.  The market always self corrects, and those who can't survive on razor thin margins or even losses (after all operating expenses are added up), are going to start falling off.  Prices are going to start creeping up, and already have.  We are still in the good times; if you think a $100 price increase is bad, wait 6 more months - because in my opinion you're never going to see prices this low again on pretty much anything ar15.com related.  

Spend the next 3 months stocking up on guns, magazines, and non-223 based ammunition gents - is my advise.  After that's done, budget funds to start resuming .223 stockpiling, after this current M855 silliness is over.   My go-point for brass 5.56 ammo right now is $300/1000.   If you see new brass 5.56 for that, get it.

As to reloading components, gunpowder is still rare and overpriced, but primers are cheap again - if you know where to shop.  Look at the S&B primers, which are going for about $20/1k right now.  That's a great deal.  Wolf primers used to be a good deal, but I can't say if their QC today is as good as it once was.  There are some great deals on bullets out there too. Sit tight on the gunpowder, it'll probably still come down over the next 6 months.

That's my budget planning at least.  

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:40:50 PM EDT
[#7]
At $1700 I would snatch it up, quickly.
I ordered one from my gun shop and paid $2k, it took three weeks for it to get shipped from IWI
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:57:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Atlantic has TAVOR SAR Flattop 16.5" Barrel Black Finish with discount code for $1625...
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:11:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Bought one on gunbroker for $1599.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top