Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 7:13:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Love my Tavor

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:03:16 PM EDT
[#2]
After I installed the Geissele trigger, it's my favorite rifle.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:43:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Meh. I have half a dozen AR's, including some high end ones. A Noveske AR is a NICE AR... but it's still an AR. If you don't have an AR, get one of those first. If you already have a nice AR... a bullpup is a nice change of pace.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really liked mine until the novelty wore off, traded it to my buddy for his Noveske and am much happier with the Noveske.

this for me as well..

Meh. I have half a dozen AR's, including some high end ones. A Noveske AR is a NICE AR... but it's still an AR. If you don't have an AR, get one of those first. If you already have a nice AR... a bullpup is a nice change of pace.

What he said.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:47:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I just got the chance to shoot my 9mm Tavor I really like it. I also have a 556 one I like them both something different then just another ar
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#5]
One with Geisselle trigger and one with Timney trigger (2nd gen with no issues so far) and both are becoming go to rifles.
Both have the  Gear Head Works FLEx Swivel - Ejection Port Cover... great product (a little expensive.... worth it to me though).
Both run suppressed no problem...
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:02:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Having owned my 16" Flat top top Tavor for the past 12 months I have a few thoughts

- If you want the IDF or flat top model purchase the config you want, I recently learned that IWI doesn't sell the few small parts to convert IDF to flat top or vice versa.

- it is a little heavy, but then again my 6920 Soccom with TA31 isn't light

- If I had my choice over a Premium AR (Noveske, KAC, LaRue, LMT, BCM & Colt) I may still chose my AR, but the choice between a Budget AR (S&W, Bushmaster, Wyndham, DPMS, Ruger etc) or pieces & parts Franken AR Heck yeah I would prefer a Tavor.

Link Posted: 2/7/2015 3:19:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I had my 16inch Tavor for about a 6 months.  Would have had it sooner but the price was to high then.  I love it!  Shoots greats i pretty much laughed when i felt the recoil.  The hand guard gets pretty warm after about 80 rounds.  Most people complained about the trigger pull and after about 90 rounds I started to feel it in the trigger finger.  I did get a little tavor face from the left side ejection port cover.  You might want to plan on upgrading to Gearhead ejection cover weather shooting suppressed or not.  I complained to IWI about this issue and they pretty much told me that they are aware of the issue but don't have a fix for it and I should order the gearhead after market cover.  Thank's for being there IWI...
Also Gearhead is working on a 300 blackout conversion kit!
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 12:34:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had my Tavor for awhile now and have about 500+ rounds through it. Based off of the feedback on the trigger, I installed the Geissele Super Sabra trigger when I purchased the rifle and have only used it so I do not have any comparison with the stock trigger. I do have to tell you, Geissele makes awesome kit as I have them on all of my AR's and I do not think I would use anything else. I also installed MI's ejection port cover and their M-Lok hand guard. I have fed my Tavor about a dozen different types of ammunition (make, weight, .223/5.56, brass/steel casing, FMJ/steel core, etc) and this rifle eats every bit of it without a hiccup. The ergonomics are simply incredible (I had mine converted to left hand) and it took me no time at all to get the muscle memory down on mag changes and bolt carrier returns, in fact as a lefty I find it so smooth I don't think I will ever go back to AR. I have shot about a half dozen AR variations (14.5" to 20", SBR, pistol), AK (fixed & folding stock, pistol), AUG, FN FAL, and the list goes on, and I have my own personal favorites on what I enjoy to shoot & carry. Each rifle presents its own positives and negatives so it really boils down to what you, the shooter, likes.

There is, of course, the constant ogling by my fellow shooters at the range who want to hold my rifle, which I gladly let them do .

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 12:41:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Comparing my first gen AUG to the Tavor I would say either one would work fine although I suspect in ten years there will be way more options and accessories for the Tavor.
PRO
Tavor - AR like safety, shoot from either shoulder, use common mags in stock configuration.
AUG - Mags are very rugged, I like the fixed optic with "donut of death", quick change barrel
CON
AUG - get into the forward handle with the wrong grip and you will know it!, mags are not as common in stock version, can't switch shoulder easily.
Tavor - ? haven't had it long enough to uncover anything serious.

Either one will suit you well, as for weight, you won't notice it when shouldered as the weight is far back, 40/42 round mags work with either, tucked in to your body.

Link Posted: 2/11/2015 2:02:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Only thing I can say about the Tavor is that before I'd held one for myself I'd heard from some people that they thought the plastic felt flimsy.   To hear some of them talk I'd have thought that the Tavor was made out of that cheap trash plastic that those black curlie-cue clippy things that hold men's dress socks together for retail sail... You know, the kind that when stretched instantly turns white and snaps in your hands.  

Once I finally held a Tavor, I thought the plastic seemed rugged as hell.  Perhaps the plastic in the Tavor only has a tactile feel associated with other polymers that aren't robust, I don't know.

The polymer is a different compound from my AUG, but I'm sure the Tavor is going to last and last and that anyone claiming they're flimsy is off-base.  People will shoot the rifling in the barrels smooth long long before they do any sort of damage to the plastic receiver that affects function.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 6:19:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It is not the Holy Grail it has been made out to be, IMHO.
View Quote

Ah irony.....ark ark ark
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top