Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2014 1:02:04 PM EDT
So am wondering if anyone has either modded or made there own case deflector for the AUG rifles?

Pics?
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:10:53 PM EDT
[#1]

I have thought of buying a SCAR16 deflector and playing around with it, but haven't actually taken the time to do it.

Sure seems like something should be workable with enough ingenuity.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:29:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I rigged up a shell deflector using a gear sector handstop on a magpul rail section and put it on the velcro pad that everyone seems to put on their rifles and it works great

Here's the thread from another forum that I started about that topic

Brass Deflector
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 2:17:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I rigged up a shell deflector using a gear sector handstop on a magpul rail section and put it on the velcro pad that everyone seems to put on their rifles and it works great

Here's the thread from another forum that I started about that topic

Brass Deflector
View Quote

So any issues with the force of the spent shell hitting the deflector? Pulling away, off the velcro?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:49:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Tested it out today and no issues at all. It deflects the shells to the side, and plops it right next to you. Exactly as intended. Velcro is effective and it doesn't move when installed

Only issue (Not an issue for me), is it dents the living crap out of the brass depending on where you put it. Nothing a rubber bumper or something can't fix. I shoot only steel case so I couldn't care less about the brass.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:00:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I prefer the one from Steyr as it deflects and catches.....

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:18:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I prefer the one from Steyr as it deflects and catches.....

View Quote

Yet only works with some specific AUG configurations.  
It won't work on an A3 OEM rail, works with Pete's A2-ish rail with some trimming on the front end, and needs less trimming but a bit of shaving on the top for the Talon mount.
It should work 'as is' with an A3M1 with optic or short rail, or an A3 with the 2020 short rail, IMO.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:27:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:17:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Any chance theres interest in a lower profile version of your brass buster? I'd be interested in that. Maybe a mini or micro version like what you've done with the switchbacks.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:44:19 AM EDT
[#9]
You could but Sven's, then trim it down. I painted mine, saw where the brass hit it, and removed excess to me plastic.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:43:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:41:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Just got one of the Steyr Brass Cathers for  the A3 M-1.  The plastic part sticking up "do thingy" is going to require a little bit of sanding down, or cutting down, to fit underneath the integral scope.  Other than that should be good to.  Will be sanding it down to fit later this weekend.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:16:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

You could but Sven's, then trim it down. I painted mine, saw where the brass hit it, and removed excess to me plastic.
View Quote

This.

I trimmed mine down to roughly half it's normal size.  Then velcro'd it in place.  You can literally swing the rifle around by it now, and not have it come out of place.  No issues with brass to the face after trimming.  I shoot almost exclusively M193 or M855 FWIW.

Nothing brings out the snickers from fellow students like doing an offside barricade drill and ending up with a bloody face from your AUG.  Ask me how I know...

Personally, the only way I see improving over the brass buster is a unit that screws or snaps into place directly behind the ejection port ala the SCAR rifles, or the MSAR Aug style stock.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#13]
MSAR(yeah) still has their ambi shell deflector listed on their site. I'm curious if it will fit on an AUG stock? It's only $20, and looks pretty simple. Might be worth a call to them to ask.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:46:49 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't own an msar, so I'm not sure, but I think their stock is notched for the deflector to clip onto.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:39:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
MSAR(yeah) still has their ambi shell deflector listed on their site. I'm curious if it will fit on an AUG stock? It's only $20, and looks pretty simple. Might be worth a call to them to ask.
View Quote

I believe this deflector only works with the new design E4 stock (the one which is "enhanced" because the mold ribs aren't ground off...)
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 4:13:33 PM EDT
[#16]
How about a SUPER   cheap one  I'll try it when the weather gets better. No $$ was spent on this, why not?

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 12:18:56 PM EDT
[#17]
^^^^^^^
Make this out of OD green or black polymer with matching OD/black Velcro.

Mick
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top