Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2014 1:11:20 PM EDT
I would like a Tavor very much

Living in NJ means no threaded barrel and no flash suppressor, a brake needs to be pinned and welded.

I see that Tavor has come out with a model that is legal in 3 states including NJ.  The problem is that they included a very ugly 4" long brake.  I assume they made it that length because one of the other states needs the rifle to have a 30" overall length.  NJ does not require that.

So what I would like is one of the following choices:

A)  A Tavor with a good looking and normal length brake pinned and welded on.

B)  A Tavor with a crowned barrel (no muzzle device or threads).

Are either of these a possibility?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:16:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.

Pin and weld a brake. Logistically though you would purchase rifle and have it shipped to whoever is doing the work and then to you.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:21:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes.

Pin and weld a brake. Logistically though you would purchase rifle and have it shipped to whoever is doing the work and then to you.
View Quote

I don't know anyone locally who I would trust to pin and weld a muzzle device on a $2,000 firearm.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:28:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:29:53 PM EDT
[#4]

I don't know what that is.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:01:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't know anyone locally who I would trust to pin and weld a muzzle device on a $2,000 firearm.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.

Where in NJ are you? Send me a PM if you like, I can recommend a few good local guys.

CDI Custom in Chalfont PA pinned the comp on my Tavor for NJ compliance, cleanest pin job I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:03:16 PM EDT
[#6]
What about buying the 30" MD legal one and have the extended flash hider cut to NJ legal length?  Maybe have some holes drilled in it to look like a Dynacomp.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:38:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Where in NJ are you? Send me a PM if you like, I can recommend a few good local guys.

CDI Custom in Chalfont PA pinned the comp on my Tavor for NJ compliance, cleanest pin job I've ever seen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.

I'm in northern NJ, a few miles from the Bullet Hole.  I used to go down to Fort Dix to shoot, then I joined Cherry Ridge for a couple years.  I haven't shot much in years, but I'd like to use the Tavor to get me back into it

Which brake did you choose?  Any pics?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:03:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm in northern NJ, a few miles from the Bullet Hole.  I used to go down to Fort Dix to shoot, then I joined Cherry Ridge for a couple years.  I haven't shot much in years, but I'd like to use the Tavor to get me back into it

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.

North Jersey is tough for good FFL's, there really aren't many. The closest guy I know of that I can recommend is Monmouth Arms in Marlboro, about an hour drive south of you. I've bought a few guns from him and he actually just modified a Tavor for one of my friends recently.

I went with a Branson compensator on my Tavor:

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:07:04 PM EDT
[#9]
That's perfect, I'd take your Tavor just like it is, altho I was thinking about getting an 18".  

An hour drive isn't bad at all, I used to drive an hour and a half down to Fort Dix every weekend.  Would Monmouth Arms in Marlboro order the Tavor and do the work for me or would I have to order it and have it sent to him?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:11:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That's perfect, I'd take your Tavor just like it is, altho I was thinking about getting an 18".  

An hour drive isn't bad at all, I used to drive an hour and a half down to Fort Dix every weekend.  Would Monmouth Arms in Marlboro order the Tavor and do the work for me or would I have to order it and have it sent to him?
View Quote

He should be able to do either.

Keep in mind the 18" model has a bayonet lug which will need to ground off as well.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:30:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Keep in mind the 18" model has a bayonet lug which will need to ground off as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't realize that, I guess I'll stick to the 16"

BTW, which 15 round mags do you prefer?

Thanks for your help!
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:42:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Thanks for your help!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for your help!

I've pretty much tried them all. I like the modified PMAG's from MidwestPX. I've also had good luck with the 15rd aluminum mags made by D&H.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:11:59 PM EDT
[#13]
jersey legal tavor in stock at lous firearms in raritain NJ, swung by the other day and they had one on the shelf.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:23:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
jersey legal tavor in stock at lous firearms in raritain NJ, swung by the other day and they had one on the shelf.
View Quote

Is that the B18RS that Tavor specifically makes for NJ and other ban states?  If so, I just can't stand the brake that they use and it adds too much length to the rifle.

Either way, do you know what the price was?  I'm not sure what I should be paying for a Tavor.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Hell, now that I think about it, maybe I should just buy the NJ legal B18RS with the horrible break since it's an 18" model and has the bayo lug shaved off.

Then I could just cut the brake off the barrel  
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:58:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top