Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2014 9:43:35 PM EDT
Ok, so I got a good deal on an early Msar STG with the scope. Problem is that is fails to extract about every 10th round or so. Has a repair been determined to fix this issue? The serial numer is less than 250, so i assume its an early model.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 9:50:18 PM EDT
[#1]
It's probably the extractor, I believe they improved the extractor for the gen 2+ models. I'd just replace the bolt with a Ratworx hybrid bolt.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 3:12:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Try the usual suspects: strip the bolt and clean, check the extractor for damage, check the chamber for pitting, check to make sure the gas is set to 'normal'.

If those don't solve it, you may have discovered why the seller sold it.

AJ
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:33:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try the usual suspects: strip the bolt and clean, check the extractor for damage, check the chamber for pitting, check to make sure the gas is set to 'normal'.

If those don't solve it, you may have discovered why the seller sold it.

AJ
View Quote

Thanks and check to all. Its not secret how the early rifles performed, however it is a mechanical device and I have confidence of a resolution.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 3:02:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Had the exact same problem, sent it to micro tech, they replaced the extractor and all was good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top