Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/10/2014 11:58:00 PM EDT
Paperwork on my Ratworx AUG suppressor just came in. Followed Ratworx's YouTube directions and all parts went on without a hitch. Can't wait to get her to the range and see how she shoots.

Stats:
8"
26 ounces
Appears to have three large baffles that are uniquely shaped.
If I recall correctly it is made of stainless steel.
Ratworx worked directly with my local class 3 dealer, and the process was very easy

</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />

Link Posted: 11/11/2014 2:19:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Very cool man , I wish I had some NFA items I'll just have to drool over yours for now !
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 5:48:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine is coming in soon.  I can't wait to read your range report.  I currently have an SDN-6 on my AUG and I'm just not that impressed.  This really is a game changer for all piston guns that expel gas outside of the receiver.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 10:07:54 AM EDT
[#3]
RatWorx makes some great suppressors, this one takes the cake as far as innovation goes.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 10:30:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Im heading to the range on Sunday, and I will post a range report in this thread.
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 10:48:22 AM EDT
[#5]
That is excellent! Please post a video if possible!!!! Do you have any other rifles you can set the rifle next to for a length comparison such as an AK or an AR ? Have fun at the range!
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 11:27:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a Tavor with an M42000 mounted. That should be an interesting comparison.

The Ratworx suppressor is long and heavy; it's 10 ounces heavier than my M42000. However, let's look at this all the way around. The AUG is a specialized platform that is loud with standard suppressors due to the vent hole in the gas block. Large scale manufacturers who can buy light sturdy metals en mass to sell lots of cans are not interested in the niche that is the AUG. Seriously, they have all shown zero interest in an AUG specific suppressor. Surefire won't even make an AUG threaded mount for their standard suppressors till they get a specific number of orders, which they will never get. Ratworx has gone the distance to design and market an AUG specific can. That, in and of itself, means it's worth a look, IMHO.

It might be heavy, but it is well balanced. I didn't find it hard to wield the AUG with the suppressor attached. The upside is that it's built like a tank. I have no doubt this can will last tens of thousands of rounds. You also get a lot more than a can, you get the whole gas system that is designed to stop over-gassing...and over-gassing is a serious problem with my M42000. I'm also hoping the added weight will mean easier/faster follow up shots. Lastly, I'm hoping the weight and length will mean good sound and flash suppression.

These have been out for about a year, and I haven't heard much on any forum or seen much on YouTube. I have to admit that is a little surprising. Then again, the AUG is a niche market. Can't wait to get to the range and see how it performs.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:44:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I just checked their sites but they aren't listed.
I guess phone call is in order.
Ballpark pricing on these?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:54:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I would get one if they were user serviceable
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 2:26:04 PM EDT
[#9]
When they are in stock, they run $650-750.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:26:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't wait to get to the range and see how it performs.
View Quote

So, did you get to the range yet
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:43:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Took the rig out Sunday to shoot. Shot 140 rounds of XM855,XM193, Armscor, and PMC Bronze. It did not like the XM855 and jammed several times. All other ammo worked perfectly. I shot it side by side with a Tavor and M42000. The Tavor/M42000 was quieter, but not by a lot. Accuracy was unchanged with the can on.

I was surprised that it didn't get the gun that dirty, and that it was slow to heat up. it definitely stayed cooler longer than the M42000. I got some gas to the face, and even a lil' spray (probably an improvement to my ugly mug), but not bad, and it is to be expected. Considering the angle of ejection from the  AUG, I can see how you would get some gas to the face with any suppressor. The big disappointment was that gas sprayed strongly on the foregrip, and gets all over my left hand (yes, I had the grip folded down of course). It was a lot of spray, and hurt after a while, dirtied up my sand bag rest and my glove.

I sent an email to Ratworx yesterday, and heard back today. They wanted to make sure the gas rings on part of the gas system attachments were not aligned (they weren't), and that I was shooting with the grip folded down (I was). They asked a few more questions about the fit, said they had never heard of this problem before, and suggested that the barrel may have an out-of-spec, large port hole. Said they couldn't be sure unless they saw it. I emailed back asking if I should send it in, and asked if they wanted to see the barrel. I haven't heard back yet.

I don't know if Steyr has had QC problems, but it seems far more likely that one of the gas system parts of the suppressor have a fit issue than the barrel port hole be out-of-spec.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:29:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I apologize for this video. It is very hard to listen carefully to the shots over the range noise and other shots. Then the range master starts calling for "Carl" while I'm shooting the AUG can . My plan was to shoot five rounds through each platform. The M42000 is really tops in sound suppression, and I'm not aware of any can (other than the discontinued SPRM4) that is quieter. I'm not sure I can tell a difference in the video, but it seemd that Ratworx can was just a tad louder in person, which still means stellar performance. Others around me agreed. However, I did not take any actual sound measurements, so keep that in mind.

Video
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:14:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Hmm, that gas coming out onto your grip is strange and I'm sure doesn't help with suppressing the sound that comes from that valve as well (basically the entire reason to run this specific can).

I'll be interested in seeing what Ratworx does to fix the issue.

Thanks for the updates.  My check is going to the ATF tomorrow.

How about recoil management?  What's softer shooting with the can?  The TAVOR or AUG?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:14:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I apologize for this video. It is very hard to listen carefully to the shots over the range noise and other shots. Then the range master starts calling for "Carl" while I'm shooting the AUG can . My plan was to shoot five rounds through each platform. The M42000 is really tops in sound suppression, and I'm not aware of any can (other than the discontinued SPRM4) that is quieter. I'm not sure I can tell a difference in the video, but it seemd that Ratworx can was just a tad louder in person, which still means stellar performance. Others around me agreed. However, I did not take any actual sound measurements, so keep that in mind.

Video
View Quote

my opinion is something is not right with the gas system with the suppressor. It's leaking gas by your hand and that is why it is louder
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:54:49 AM EDT
[#15]
I've just heard back from Al at Ratworx. He asked me to ship the barrel, suopressor, and parts to him. He said they'll take a look and get a tighter fit.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:31:15 AM EDT
[#16]
A thought just occurred to me, what if the gas block was out of spec? I can see a manufacturer only having enough consistency and tolerance to meet their own parts. What if the tolerances were loose but tight enough to fit their gas plug? I guess I shouldn't speculate too much, and we'll see what Ratworx finds out.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 1:02:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:29:11 AM EDT
[#18]
playinARound,
I just watched your video, thank you.
The Tavor seemed much quieter. Both were 556 rounds but different guns and cans.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
playinARound,
The Tavor seemed much quieter. Both were 556 rounds but different guns and cans.
View Quote

Wait until you hear it once it's not spitting gas and noise out of the valve.  The entire point around the development of this AUG specific suppressor was to siphon that gas and noise and redirect it up into the blast baffle chamber.  Although the TAVOR is a quiet suppressed gun, it is one of the dirtiest (equal to an M4) as well.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:01:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Wait until you hear it once it's not spitting gas and noise out of the valve.  The entire point around the development of this AUG specific suppressor was to siphon that gas and noise and redirect it up into the blast baffle chamber.  Although the TAVOR is a quiet suppressed gun, it is one of the dirtiest (equal to an M4) as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
playinARound,

This!

The suppressed Tavor is a dirty filthy pig. By far, the dirtiest suppressed gun that I've shot. However, with the angle of the ejection port I don't get any gas to the face. Got an MI ejection port cover for the left port before I even shot it to prevent any gas from escaping there. Works well.

I would not say the AUG can is a lot louder, but I would say it's louder. I would also say every other 556 can I've heard is louder than the M42000. I'll be interested to see how it sounds when I get it back. I've had a super busy end of the week at work, and will finally get a chance to send it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 9:06:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Update:
Been a busy week and I have not had an opportunity to post. Ratworx emailed one business day are receiving the suppressor. They said the gas cylinder was on the large side of tolerance, and that they found a larger gas plug to fit it better. They also suggested it any leftover space would eventually seal up with carbon fouling from use. They shipped it back the next day (only had it two business days). I'll get it Monday and let everyone know how it looks.  

Couldn't have asked for more from Ratworx. Great service.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 1:45:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Got the suppressor and barrel back today. Got it back to me pretty quick. Hope to have a chance to shoot it soon.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm interested to hear the results
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 3:48:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Any updates? I have some tax money I'd like to spend
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 3:06:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Thanks all for your patience. I finally got a chance to take the new parts out and give them a run through. While the gas expelled at the foregrip was improved (but still strong) the gun will not function. Tons of FTEs, as in every other round. I only shoot 5.56 in my rifles chambered for that, so I don't know if .223 would cycle. Shot XM193 and XM855 and it will not function.

Ratworx had said they found the AUG gas vent to be oversized, which makes sense considering the issues. They mated it with some gas system parts with larger holes to match it and cut down on escaping gas. It did that, but the gun is clearly over-gassed. When I fired the gun and suppressor with one round, it just sat atop the magazine after the bolt carrier locked back.

I am surprised and disappointed that the Steyr barrel has an out of spec port hole. I'm not sure I have any choice but to try it on another barrel/gas system. Really wanted this to work. I will contact Ratworx and see what they recommend and if they will send standard parts to try on another barrel.

As I said, I haven't yet contacted Ratworx or Steyr, so please don't jump to conclusions about the can and parts until I have word from them. I took the can off, and want to test it without the suppressor, as I have never shot this gun without the suppressor. I wanna make sure it functions. I'll continue to post updates on this thread.

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 6:47:47 PM EDT
[#26]
I see they don't have there aug can for sale anymore.  Maybe they realized there can sucks.  
I'm sticking with my surefire socom can for the aug.  If it doesn't work for the aug I can use it on my tavor, ps90, or ar15.

Quoted:
Thanks all for your patience. I finally got a chance to take the new parts out and give them a run through. While the gas expelled at the foregrip was improved (but still strong) the gun will not function. Tons of FTEs, as in every other round. I only shoot 5.56 in my rifles chambered for that, so I don't know if .223 would cycle. Shot XM193 and XM855 and it will not function.

Ratworx had said they found the AUG gas vent to be oversized, which makes sense considering the issues. They mated it with some gas system parts with larger holes to match it and cut down on escaping gas. It did that, but the gun is clearly over-gassed. When I fired the gun and suppressor with one round, it just sat atop the magazine after the bolt carrier locked back.

I am surprised and disappointed that the Steyr barrel has an out of spec port hole. I'm not sure I have any choice but to try it on another barrel/gas system. Really wanted this to work. I will contact Ratworx and see what they recommend and if they will send standard parts to try on another barrel.

As I said, I haven't yet contacted Ratworx or Steyr, so please don't jump to conclusions about the can and parts until I have word from them. I took the can off, and want to test it without the suppressor, as I have never shot this gun without the suppressor. I wanna make sure it functions. I'll continue to post updates on this thread.

http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3B68%3B%3Enu%3D9%3B43%3E%3B54%3E253%3EWSNRCG%3D68%3C%3B399%3A0dh79%2F76%3A90c9%3Af%2Fh%3B87d2d%3A5h9cot1lsi

http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3B7%3B7%3Enu%3D9%3B43%3E%3B54%3E253%3EWSNRCG%3D%3A9ghd%3B880h8d%3C%2F7g4%3B0%3Bh7e%2Fe%3A8%3A%3Ag6%3A635eot1lsi

http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3A754%3Enu%3D9%3B43%3E%3B54%3E253%3EWSNRCG%3D%3Cggf6h7f0d%3Cg3%2F7c%3A70%3B4g8%2F%3C743g8e%3A%3A%3Af3ot1lsi

http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv397%3A2%3Enu%3D9%3B43%3E%3B54%3E253%3EWSNRCG%3Di3h%3B%3Behd083ed%2F7g9d0%3A773%2F47gdgh5497edot1lsi

http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3746%3B%3Enu%3D9%3B43%3E%3B54%3E253%3EWSNRCG%3Decd%3Be6fe07863%2F72%3B20%3Bhg9%2Fi4d8h764d%3Ah9ot1lsi

http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv352%3C%3A%3Enu%3D9%3B43%3E%3B54%3E253%3EWSNRCG%3Dfghfed7h0f543%2F7%3B340%3B8fi%2Ffh59g9%3B8hc77ot1lsi

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv38555%3Enu%3D9%3B43%3E%3B54%3E253%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3C49667%3B8344nu0mrj

http://images1.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3%3B3%3B9%3Enu%3D9%3B43%3E%3B54%3E253%3EWSNRCG%3De8%3Be8%3B%3C70%3B%3C9%3A%2F7c3f0%3Bg7f%2F7g64h2%3Ch%3C34%3Bot1lsi

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 7:21:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 9:56:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Before installing the ratworx can, how did the gun function? Do you think it was over gassed for a semi auto? How was the recoil impulse?
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:06:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
FYI the reason the supressor isn't listed on the Ratworx website is they have sold out of the current production run. When more are ready they will be back up on the website.

Ratworx has about 200 of these cans out there and this is the only gun that has had an issue, and it appears to be from the aforementioned out of spec gas port on the Steyr manufactured barrel.
View Quote

To be fair and critical, this is the only customer review of the ratworx can. I don't believe I've seen anything else out there from other owners. Maybe the cans are still in jail? Maybe only the 0.5% can / barrel issue is only reported as the others work fine? Maybe others haven't used their cans yet? Maybe others are having issues but not publicly? Maybe the can is bad? Maybe the barrel is out of spec?

Not a dig at ratworx, but when an aftermarket product troubleshooting evaluation is done by the aftermarket company, and the barrel is blamed as being suspect, it creates more questions than answers until more concrete and verifiable data is known...
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:45:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Everyone, please do not judge this can yet. I do want to give an honest account of my experience, but there are many variables to be determined here, yet.

I have NOT shot this AUG without the suppressor. I will shoot it soon to see how it functions without the suppressor. I will report here as soon as I do.

I also want to say this can is quiet. It is very close to my M42000. I shot as accurately with this can as I have with other AUGs without the can.

When I first talked to Ratworx back in Dec., they suggested that the port hole might be out of spec. I was skeptical at first, but it does seem over gassed. I will try it out without the suopressor and see if I get any clues.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 7:09:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Everyone, please do not judge this can yet. I do want to give an honest account of my experience, but there are many variables to be determined here, yet.

I have NOT shot this AUG without the suppressor. I will shoot it soon to see how it functions without the suppressor. I will report here as soon as I do.

I also want to say this can is quiet. It is very close to my M42000. I shot as accurately with this can as I have with other AUGs without the can.

When I first talked to Ratworx back in Dec., they suggested that the port hole might be out of spec. I was skeptical at first, but it does seem over gassed. I will try it out without the suopressor and see if I get any clues.
View Quote

Why don't you buy an aac flash hider for the aug and test with the m42000.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 10:15:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 11:20:35 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm pretty suprised that Ratworx has a video of how to assemble, but not an actual video of one in use. No advertising showing it, nothing. The only range pics are from a guy that has a broken one

At this point it's vaporware that probably doesn't work
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:44:47 PM EDT
[#34]

This just reinforces my wish that Steyr would just thread the damned barrel in 1/2x28.  

I know there are some on here that would wail that "it's not a AUG, then", but damn, it would make setting these rifles up for your own personal preference so much easier.

I finally broke down and sent one of my barrels off to ADCO to be rethreaded so I could run my muzzle device/suppressor of choice.

Good luck in sorting out the issues, OP.  That is some seriously mangled brass that rifle is spitting out.

Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:51:18 PM EDT
[#35]
A chill pill is needed.

What barrel are you running?  Is it the barrel that came with the VLTOR or Sabre Defense.

I have a RATWORX Suppressor in jail at the moment but currently run an SDN-6 on my Sabre Defense Barreled USR with no issues (besides obnoxious gas port pop/flame).  The OP is right, this is the only customer review on the entire internet.  My guess is many of us still have ours in jail or collectors bought them for their collection and have little intention of running them.

I use a 13x1 LH AAC suppressor mount as well.  It was even at my LGS when I bought the can so, there is support from AAC for this threading assuming you want to run there cans.  I am lucky and the mount locks up tight on the 51t (can't say the same on my .308 mount).

It says on the RATWORX website that they cannot guarantee proper operation with MSAR's because they used several gas port sizes.  So, it is a known issue to RATWORX if a gas port is out of spec, it will cause issue with the can.  This is surprising as I believe the OP's barrel is a CL FN barrel and they are known for quality, however, I'm not sure who sizes the gas port.  

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 7:31:24 AM EDT
[#36]
I ordered one of these cans  when I first heard about them. I am glad I canceled as it isnt any more quiet than a  regular suppressor and much heavier and longer.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:38:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:34:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
A chill pill is needed.

What barrel are you running?  Is it the barrel that came with the VLTOR or Sabre Defense.

I have a RATWORX Suppressor in jail at the moment but currently run an SDN-6 on my Sabre Defense Barreled USR with no issues (besides obnoxious gas port pop/flame).  The OP is right, this is the only customer review on the entire internet.  My guess is many of us still have ours in jail or collectors bought them for their collection and have little intention of running them.

I use a 13x1 LH AAC suppressor mount as well.  It was even at my LGS when I bought the can so, there is support from AAC for this threading assuming you want to run there cans.  I am lucky and the mount locks up tight on the 51t (can't say the same on my .308 mount).

It says on the RATWORX website that they cannot guarantee proper operation with MSAR's because they used several gas port sizes.  So, it is a known issue to RATWORX if a gas port is out of spec, it will cause issue with the can.  This is surprising as I believe the OP's barrel is a CL FN barrel and they are known for quality, however, I'm not sure who sizes the gas port.  

View Quote

This. If I had known this would cause so many negative reactions I would not have posted. I need to shoot in the original config. If there are no issues, I'll contact Ratworx for their suggestions. However, even if the AUG functions in its original config. it does not mean that the port hole is in spec. If the can itself were prone to issues, experiences like this would be posted all over the place. They aren't. I have a feeling it's the damned barrel. Ratworx helped me out in Dec., and with a quick turnaround. I'm sure they will be helpful again and provide me the support and parts and such. While this is a weird saga, I would not shy away from purchasing this can because of this one experience...especially since it's probably the barrel.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:09:44 PM EDT
[#39]
The problem is that you, playinARound, are the only one putting out any feedback at all as far as use. Ratworx has zero info on it except a vid on installing it. I have an AUG and would love a suppressor to use with it. Ratworx makes one, but doesn't talk about it, or advertise it at all. And that is what seems so wierd and makes me not very interested right now. Why aren't they telling everyone with ears about it?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:47:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The problem is that you, playinARound, are the only one putting out any feedback at all as far as use. Ratworx has zero info on it except a vid on installing it. I have an AUG and would love a suppressor to use with it. Ratworx makes one, but doesn't talk about it, or advertise it at all. And that is what seems so wierd and makes me not very interested right now. Why aren't they telling everyone with ears about it?
View Quote

Because it doesn't work and has design flaws obviously.  Not working on every AUG is a design flaw.  It's why 2020 only sold his rail system to people who mailed them their barrel (inconsistency).
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:20:34 AM EDT
[#41]
i suggest reading the AUG thread over at Lightfighter.  there is a lot of discussion about suppressor usage with input from an Australian army instructor.  the Australian mil uses a different gas regulator that allows more gases to be expelled from the gas chamber to prevent over-gassing

also, make sure you are using Austrian mags instead of US made ones.  i get tons of FTE when using US mags

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:05:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:28:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
i suggest reading the AUG thread over at Lightfighter.  there is a lot of discussion about suppressor usage with input from an Australian army instructor.  the Australian mil uses a different gas regulator that allows more gases to be expelled from the gas chamber to prevent over-gassing

also, make sure you are using Austrian mags instead of US made ones.  i get tons of FTE when using US mags
View Quote

K dude, could you post a link?  I spent 10 mins signing up and trying to run searches on their forums and haven't found it. Google finds nothing as well and I like to think my Google fu is strong,
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:16:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

He's Austrian, actually. It can get confusing, I know. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRIUbFLjtX0
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:04:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
We've been incredibly busy around here this week, so we weren't able to get out to the range.  And, honestly, with the temperature out there this week I wouldn't have been able to find anyone to come out anyway.

But I was able to dig up some of the early prototype development videos!  And there will be more to come once the weather warms up a bit.

Enjoy
View Quote

Very cool. Do you recall what ammo was being used in the videos?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 5:46:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

K dude, could you post a link?  I spent 10 mins signing up and trying to run searches on their forums and haven't found it. Google finds nothing as well and I like to think my Google fu is strong,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lightfighter isn't searchable the way public forums are. I'll find the link later tonight.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:27:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Can talk starts mid-way down here: http://www.lightfighter.net/topic/msar-e4-aug-questions-and-advice?page=6
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:50:42 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
He's Austrian, actually. It can get confusing, I know. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRIUbFLjtX0
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hagen77 is Austrian?  maybe i'm confusing him with 22F

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:00:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Yeah, he PM'd me to clarify after I posted my SMAUG here a month or two ago. The kangaroo av further confuses things.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:29:52 PM EDT
[#50]
OK, I tested the AUG without the can. I shot 20 rounds of XM855 and 20 rounds of XM193 (all rapid fire). All functioned. BUT, I noticed the spent brass was ejected at 12:30 to 1 o'clock position. I have another AUG* and it ejects the XM855 and XM193 brass at 2-3 o'clock position (consistently). I think it is fair to say that the AUG I tried the can on IS overgassed.

I will call Ratworx tomorrow (or email) to get their thoughts.

If the port hole in the AUG barrel is too large then I'm not sure there is anything I can do, short of getting a new barrel. If the gun functions without the suppressor, I'd imagine that Steyr would not be interested in replacing or addressing. I suppose I could ask Ratworx to send me parts with smaller holes. But then I may have more of my original problem with spray on my hand on the forward grip. I wish there was some way to fix the barrel.

I'll let ya' know what Ratworx suggests and how this story continues.

*I know you're thinking, "why don't you try the suppressor on your other AUG?" No dice. That AUG is pure perfection; my pride and joy. I shoot better with that gun than any other (and nearly shoot as accurately with the other AUG). I would rather save and buy another AUG than make any change or adaptations to my fav.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top