Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2014 10:06:39 PM EDT
Website says the "PMAG® 30 AUS GEN M3 Window" is coming this fall...

Has anyone seen updates (OR an actual magazine)?
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 2:24:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Magpul had one mag in an AUG behind glass at the NRA Annual Meetings in Indy. I couldn't put my hands on it, and they said they didn't have any others in the booth. It definitely looked slimmer than the AUG mag, but they claimed it was stronger because of their proprietary materials. I guess their's is *extra* indestructible.

Let me know if anybody finds them "In Stock" anywhere. I definitely want to buy at least one to run in my guns and then run over with my truck.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 2:42:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably, it is going to get release soon..  I believe these are being built for the Aussies.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 3:00:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I have no complaints at all from my Steyr mags, but I will be purchasing some of the MagPul AUG mags when they are available.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Magpul had one mag in an AUG behind glass at the NRA Annual Meetings in Indy. I couldn't put my hands on it, and they said they didn't have any others in the booth. It definitely looked slimmer than the AUG mag, but they claimed it was stronger because of their proprietary materials. I guess their's is *extra* indestructible.

Let me know if anybody finds them "In Stock" anywhere. I definitely want to buy at least one to run in my guns and then run over with my truck.
View Quote

The Pmags should be more resistant than the Steyr Aug mags to cleaning products and chemicals. Other than that, the original mags are perfectly fine.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 5:22:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I am going to buy some just for shits and giggles.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 6:17:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The Pmags should be more resistant than the Steyr Aug mags to cleaning products and chemicals. Other than that, the original mags are perfectly fine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cleaning products and chemicals? I've got a few magazines that have had 5,000+ rounds through them, and I've never even wiped them down. Only if I whipped out the "white glove" can I tell the difference between my brand new mags and and the uber used mags. Heck, I've only ever taken one mag apart, and that was just to see how the floorplate stayed on.

Does anybody else find they need to clean their AUG mags?
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:20:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am going to buy some just for shits and giggles.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Cleaning products and chemicals? I've got a few magazines that have had 5,000+ rounds through them, and I've never even wiped them down. Only if I whipped out the "white glove" can I tell the difference between my brand new mags and and the uber used mags. Heck, I've only ever taken one mag apart, and that was just to see how the floorplate stayed on.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ever shoot with a suppressor?
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:15:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just slide an old toothbrush in there every five years or so.

AUG mags are the world standard in durability and engineering. They are; for all practicable purposes -- perfect. I've never had ONE fail me and I've used them for 22 years now. Same springs, same floor plates, zero issues.  I've literally loaded and unloaded them thousands and thousands of times for the two AUG's I've had; one early 902 series, followed by a later 907 series, which ate CASES of ammo every year.  

Every few years i'll wrap some cloth around an old toothbrush and wipe the insides, that all folks.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:29:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Some Australian soldiers reported that deet spray will liquify the surface of their Steyr mags. Also sometimes they will pop a round or two out if you slam the magazine hard.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:49:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

AUG mags are the world standard in durability and engineering. They are; for all practicable purposes -- perfect. I've never had ONE fail me and I've used them for 22 years now. Same springs, same floor plates, zero issues.  I've literally loaded and unloaded them thousands and thousands of times for the two AUG's I've had; one early 902 series, followed by a later 907 series, which ate CASES of ammo every year.  

Every few years i'll wrap some cloth around an old toothbrush and wipe the insides, that all folks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brass?  Or did you shoot steel at that kind of consumption rate?
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:26:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Two more days till the end of fall.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:30:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yea they already said in another thread they aren't going to make it.   Something about these are being made for a large contact for one of the main militaries or agencies - is the hint.  But there are some kind of import delays.  Donno if an import delay recieving a test rifle from that group, or a delay getting to samples to them. Apparently a needed development step.  But anyway, a delay not accounted for in the original development project time line.   So not making it.

Bummer,  so I guess ill just pick up some more original factory units.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:32:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yea they already said in another thread they aren't going to make it.   Something about these are being made for a large contact for one of the main militaries or agencies - is the hint.  But there are some kind of import delays.  Donno if an import delay recieving a test rifle from that group, or a delay getting to samples to them. Apparently a needed development step.  But anyway, a delay not accounted for in the original development project time line.   So not making it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Import could also be a reference to getting the export license from the U.S. of import clearance from the purchasing country.

I'll probably get a few after they are available, just for kicks.

AJ
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 10:25:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not really that much
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 10:40:19 AM EDT
[#16]
I put about 50,000-60,000 rds through my MSAR using Magpul P-mags and only wiped them off on the outside on my jeans every once in a while. I rinsed one out after I dropped it in mud, but tha's it really.  AUG's are pretty clean in the magwell vs. an AR with the gas.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I put about 50,000-60,000 rds through my MSAR using Magpul P-mags and only wiped them off on the outside on my jeans every once in a while. I rinsed one out after I dropped it in mud, but tha's it really.  AUG's are pretty clean in the magwell vs. an AR with the gas.
View Quote

Good to know - and thanks.   You probably know this,  but they are also working on an AUG specific mag as well.   For which there is much eager anticipation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top