Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/19/2014 10:24:19 AM EDT

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:51:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Is this the gun with the electronic trigger system?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, electronic trigger. You can have one to six stages, adjustable travel, and you can adjust while the rifle is assembled, at home or at the range. This one is set at 1/3rd oz and 0.1mm travel.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:53:58 AM EDT
[#3]
i will be buying this!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:56:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow, that's nice looking.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:05:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Is the barrel threaded ?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:10:56 PM EDT
[#6]
It uses 0.920" dia bull barrels which are a common aftermarket size for Ruger 10-22 rifles. With a ruger rifle, the whole weight of the barrel is supported by a short tenon, about .625" long and .75" dia. This receiver mounts to a longer section of the barrel, including about an inch of the full diameter. The end user can swap barrels at home with just a single allen wrench which is also the takedown tool , no need for a gunsmith to time the threads relative to the extractor slot.

Photo below shows takedown. The scope or red dot never needs to be removed from the barrel. Also, the adjustable stock is shown. This is a 20" barrel.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 1:04:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Flippin' beautiful!  MOAR details on the electronic trigger that GD repeatedly claims is ILLEGAL!  OMG!  IBTL!  
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#8]
That thing is sexy. In for more details
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:48:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Flippin' beautiful!  MOAR details on the electronic trigger that GD repeatedly claims is ILLEGAL!  OMG!  IBTL!  
View Quote

Fuck all that. Where can I buy one?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 5:16:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 7:46:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:10:46 PM EDT
[#12]
So it's a complete gun, not a shell for a 10/22 receiver?  Nice!  When will you start shipping?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:47:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes, the receiver is machined from billet. It is a gun, not a host stock. Uses 10-22 (c) internal parts such as the hammer, mainspring, etc.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:58:35 PM EDT
[#14]
weight?

When will it be available?
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:12:54 PM EDT
[#15]
With a lightweight barrel as shown, 5.5 lbs. It feels lighter than that in shooting position since the weight is close to the body. Since this is a tech forum, can't talk about commerce-related matters, thread will get locked.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:13:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
weight?

When will it be available?
View Quote

+1

Cost?

And take my $$ already.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:52:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Battery type/life?  It looks cool but I'm not sure about a gun that needs batteries to function. I suppose it's not so bad for a paper puncher/squirrel getter.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:20:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Takes 9v batteries. 10k to 20k shots per, depending on how fast you shoot, how hot it is, and how good the battery is. In my experience, Energizers are best. You can use rechargeables but the older NiCd have higher internal resistance, haven't tried lithium ions yet. It doesn't just crap out suddenly - when a battery is dead, it will still shoot, but the follow-up shot will require a second. On a good battery it is blowback cycle rate limited.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:40:33 AM EDT
[#19]
I need one of these.  ASAP.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:31:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Can you give us an estimate on the price?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:20:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Can you give us an estimate on the price?
View Quote

or at least a link to where that sort of information could be found, if posting it here violates the COC
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:38:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Commerce-related questions (offering crap for sale, prices, etc) have gotten threads locked up in the past.

The gun is marketed by Electronic Arms, and they have a facebook page and an email. You can email it to be put on the "keep me updated on availability" list.

As far as I know, the retail price hasn't been set yet, still getting quotes on some of the parts. The one in the picture was more or less "hand made" (using CNC, but still, not high volume). They don't have a cost/price for lots of 20 units, 50 units, 100 units, which is probably what the first few batch sizes will be. It is a balance between "make enough to satisfy demand and get a good deal on the unit cost" vs. "make way too many and have a ton of inventory that sells slowly"

It won't be as cheap as a Ruger 10/22 ($300) but it might not be as expensive as a fully kitted-out 10/22 clone either (Kidd Supergrade is $1750)
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:52:38 PM EDT
[#23]
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Electronic-Arms/175524479145685

Why you no have a real website?  You make baby Al Gore sad.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:05:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Damn, need another 10/22!
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:06:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Wait until he finds out that the server is gas-powered.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#26]
- buttstock is adjustable, with molded rubber pads for grip.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 9:54:08 PM EDT
[#27]

here is some testfire video - shot a bunch of Rem Bucket O Bullets bulk golden bullet - no two sounded the same, and just about the grimey-est ammo I've ever shot, but at least it was cheap.

[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvdUvxZ_dFk [/youtube]
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 6:54:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 2:42:33 PM EDT
[#29]
I would like to buy one too...
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 7:16:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Do you take Visa? Where do I swipe it on my computer.....??? I am trying to buy this now. Can I have it next day delivery? I would like to be shooting it on Sunday.

Thank you!

Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:12:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Sounds like there are a few ARFCOM folks interested in the electronic bullpup. Stocking stuffers, perhaps?

The first production run is 25 units, and the chips are flying. About 8 of the first 25 are "spoken for" in the office but there should be several available for interested parties. TheFirearmBlog.com will be posting a report on it sometime in the next few months. Start saving those pennies and hoarding that ammo, you're going to need it.

To be clear, this isn't a conversion stock to wrap around a standard 10-22 receiver, this is a complete gun that has some parts commonality/compatibility with 10-22 parts and accessories. The receiver is machined from billet aluminum, as is the rest of the chassis.

The gun is compatible with all standard 10-22 magazines. Unlike some bullpup conversions (ZK-22, etc), the magwell is accessible, just like a regular 10-22 - you can use a regular 10-round rotary magazine if you happen to live in a state where 25-round magazines are illegal. The pistol grip is ar-15 pattern, and the lower picatinny rail accepts any aftermarket forgrip, bipod, etc.

The standard package comes with a 16.5" Beyer bull barrel. Beyer barrels are a lightweight aluminum shrouded barrel that uses 7075 alloy, as opposed to the 6061 shroud found in some lightweight bull barrels. Almost any 0.920" diameter aftermarket bull barrel can be used, including hm2 chambered barrels and SBR barrels, with the proper paperwork in place. However, some fluted barrels may not work well, if the fluting pattern doesn't allow the barrel to be clamped in the barrel block.

The gun is short. With a 16" barrel, the gun is 26.5" inches long with the telescoping stock fully extended. Collapsed, it is ~23 inches long. Some states have more restrictive laws on gun length and barrel length and require the OAL to be measured with the stock collapsed. You can still own the gun in those states, but you would have to get a longer barrel to be state-legal. Having an adjustable stock / adjustable Length of Pull, along with a short LOP on the collapsed setting, makes this pretty unique among bullpups. I don't know of many that are adjustable (without perhaps bolting on an extension) and I know of very few with an LOP that goes down to 12.5". An AUG is around 15", which is near the longest setting for this bullpup (~15.5").
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:24:50 PM EDT
[#32]
All the advertising, and still no website or MSRP?
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:18:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Sounds like there are a few ARFCOM folks interested in the electronic bullpup. Stocking stuffers, perhaps?
View Quote

YES!  It's pretty hard to say "I'm in!" without a price though...

Richard
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 10:43:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Trying to keep the technical threads "commerce free" in accordance with the site owners policy on stuff like this.

Sales will be direct from manufacturer, so it won't be MSRP, it will be M's RP. There might be some options to purchase with a heavy steel bull barrel at a lower price, with/without pistol grip, with/without magazines. MSRP won't be final until the rifles are available for sale, still don't know the cost of anodizing or S&H. It will require ffl transfer since it is a gun, not just a stock.

Price will most likely be in the $1500 range, or thereabouts, for the complete gun with magazine, furniture, and lightweight aluminum shroud barrel. That might sound a bit high for rimfire, but high-end billet cnc'd 10-22 clones (tac-sol, kidd, volquartsen, etc) retail for ~1500-1750, and electronic triggered olympic pistols with 5 shot magazines and unavailable replacement parts retail for $3000, so this is by far the most economical gun with a 10-gram trigger you will ever shoot, and the only one you probably own hi-cap magazines for. It is also probably the shortest non-sbr rifle available, among other things, shortest takedown, lightest trigger, shortest trigger, etc. sort of a unique gun.

Whatever you spend on the gun, you will spend a lot more on ammo . 25 goes quick, and almost everybody ends up doing a mag dump as if compelled by an irresistable instinct. the gun was designed for super high accuracy , since it uses barrel block bedding with an integral sighting rail that never needs to come off the barrel once sighted in, but some deep innate instinct just makes people shoot it 1000 rounds per minute.

The "complete" price is sans sights - we may offer some elevated sight bases, which I like to use for both scope and red dot since you get quick detach without messing with rings or allen wrenches. I haven't attempted to shoot with irons, although the very early prototype was outfitted with aperture sights at one point.

With the aluminum barrel, it is just over 5lbs, and feels light as hell since it is so short and close to the body. however, a steel barrel weighs almost 3 lbs, bringing the total weight closer to 7. Still not bad due to shortness, but the majority of the people who have shot both ways prefer the aluminum. I sort of like the steel.

I still haven't shot it suppressed, but a reviewer has. That is about the only thing I still want for my personal gun.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:45:52 PM EDT
[#35]
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/12/19/electronic-arms-1022-bullpup-electric-trigger/

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/12/19/electronic-arms-1022-bullpup-electric-trigger/
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#36]
glad to see cleaning looks easy, downfall of many rimfire bullpup stocks I have seen for a 10/22 is that you basically have to tear the entire rifle apart every time you want to clean it, not good considering how dirty rimfire can be.

Power switch needs to be jazzed up a bit considering the price of the gun, same consumer grade switch I see everywhere doesn't drive confidence.   Plus put a fence around it to avoid accidental activation.  Unsure if there is anyway to store an extra 9V, I know its not really needed for something that isn't tactical, but it would be a nice selling point.  Maybe design a VFG that will house a spare 9V.

An allen wrench to adjust the stock might not be considered permanent enough for Cali, and not adjustable enough for everywhere else.  BTW, I thought Michigan recently did away with that silly OAL rule.

Good luck to you, seems a bit expensive.   All I can say is make sure you have done lots of testing.   There are at least a few people who will pay that much for a quality rimfire, but no one will want to pay it if there are issues once released.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:18:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Great design but I'm out at that price point, especially with some of the new firearms hitting the market. Stock-only option would have been appealing. Not saying it's not worth it, but there are way too many other options out there right now for fifteen plus...
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 3:04:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Power Switch is a Cherry, UL listed for switching an AC appliance (plenty of overkill for a 9v battery, among the beefiest switch you can buy in the tiny form factor).
http://cherryswitches.com/us/product/rocker-pr-series/
It is a standard size in the interest of future replacement since any switch can wear out mechanically. This is the same reason for using standard available parts everywhere (bolt, hammer, action parts, mags, barrels, etc)

I think CA overall length rules would require you to use a longer barrel to be in compliance, but I don't have a definitive answer. MI law has recently changed, not sure exactly how it works now. Perhaps an expert can weigh in on state length rules.

$1500 is a lot for a 10-22 pattern rifle, but billet CNC ain't cheap. A complete Kidd rifle sells for $1650, and the only machining there is the receiver and action.

The bullpup isnt mcdonalds, but it isnt caviar either. The olympic pistols from matchguns, morini, pardini, walther sell from $2500 to above $3000 new, and they don't offer lightweight trigger since rules require 1kg pull. Until you shoot a nice electric trigger, you wont know the difference. This is the most affordable electronic triggered gun to date.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:05:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
glad to see cleaning looks easy, downfall of many rimfire bullpup stocks I have seen for a 10/22 is that you basically have to tear the entire rifle apart every time you want to clean it, not good considering how dirty rimfire can be.

Power switch needs to be jazzed up a bit considering the price of the gun, same consumer grade switch I see everywhere doesn't drive confidence.   Plus put a fence around it to avoid accidental activation.  Unsure if there is anyway to store an extra 9V, I know its not really needed for something that isn't tactical, but it would be a nice selling point.  Maybe design a VFG that will house a spare 9V.

An allen wrench to adjust the stock might not be considered permanent enough for Cali, and not adjustable enough for everywhere else.  BTW, I thought Michigan recently did away with that silly OAL rule.

Good luck to you, seems a bit expensive.   All I can say is make sure you have done lots of testing.   There are at least a few people who will pay that much for a quality rimfire, but no one will want to pay it if there are issues once released.
View Quote

Similar thoughts here - a Cherry switch, really?  Has no place on a firearm, IMO.
Why not simply have the safety enable/disable the solenoid?
The LED is a nice touch, better if it warns at low battery via changing color.
Allen key for adjustments - meh.
Neat, but at the moment, a neat range toy for $1500 - probably passing on this at that price, but will keep an eye on the second hand market, as well as future iterations.

JHS - you probably should clarify your exact relationship to Electronic Arms...
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:09:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Http://www.mouser.com/Cherry-Electrical/

Man, I really don't understand the strong feelings on Cherry switches . Did a Cherry microswitch start a fire and burn down an orphanage or something?

They are used in demanding automotive and machine tool applications with good success. This is not a cheap low quality switch, much beefier than anything used in battery powered consumer electronics, this switch is UL listed to switch 6amp . I work with some $100 milspec aircraft toggle switches but i dont know that this type of component adds value for a 9v battery power switch. Perhaps you can suggest a "tier 1 ninja approved switch" that is more appropriate for a 22lr range toy, and that won't bump the cost too much. I didnt know that a cherry switch was substandard or deficient for this application, but i suppose that technically, this is the lowest-quality switch anyone has EVER used for an electronic 10-22. Also the best-quality, too, though . I am interested in learning about better quality switches but i dont think a switch that is 5 times larger and $100 is really a big improvement over a switch that is reasonably priced, very durable, and easily replaced if necessary (same design goal was used for other electronic components).

Relocating the power switch to the safety location could be done but would require another set of wires and contact pins at the takedown joint, and would place the power switch nearer to the heat and grime of the blowback action. The safety area of a 10-22 gets pretty dirty during usage.

Just to clarify, the cherry switch is the power switch, NOT the trigger switch. The trigger switch is a fully custom machined switch with adjustable pull weight, travel, and number of stages.

I worked on designs for electronic bullpups and provided the basic mechanical design for the rifle to EA, and helped to make and test the prototype. I am also involved in the initial production run. I dont get to set release dates, prices, etc - just trying to take an idea and get it out there, make it available for people to shoot. At present, there are probably fewer than 10,000 people who have ever shot a handgun or rifle with an electronic trigger (counting etronix, olympic pistols, etc). I hope that number goes up as a result of this project
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:32:50 PM EDT
[#41]
I wonder if folks are really complaining about having a rocker switch for main power (which arguably can easily accidentally be switched between states) vs a slide switch or something else which would be darn near impossible to accidentally switch?

IME, Cherry brand is good stuff, but I might prefer a different *style* of switch....

Richard
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:32:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Yeah, very good suggestions on the switch. With the prototype gun, it wont switch the toggle on a perfect flat surface like a countertop but the edge of the rocker does protrude above the face plane. At a minimum, the amount of recess in the housing should be bumped in to bring the switch below flush. Slide style switch is a great idea too, harder to accidentally switch by setting it down. The battery can also be removed for long term storage. There is no built in 9v spare storage but there are some AR pistol grips and some foregrips with a suitable storage compartment.

We made a few changed to the stock adjustment rods. Also might add some QD sling points and maybe a place for a kydex comb cover so you dont freeze your cheek in winter or get too hot in summer

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:30:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Http://www.mouser.com/Cherry-Electrical/

Man, I really don't understand the strong feelings on Cherry switches . Did a Cherry microswitch start a fire and burn down an orphanage or something?
View Quote

I've ordered stuff from Cherry for work, and it's good quality...just, IMO, a power supply type rocker switch just doesn't belong on a rifle.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:43:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Power Switch is a Cherry, UL listed for switching an AC appliance (plenty of overkill for a 9v battery, among the beefiest switch you can buy in the tiny form factor).
http://cherryswitches.com/us/product/rocker-pr-series/
It is a standard size in the interest of future replacement since any switch can wear out mechanically. This is the same reason for using standard available parts everywhere (bolt, hammer, action parts, mags, barrels, etc)

I think CA overall length rules would require you to use a longer barrel to be in compliance, but I don't have a definitive answer. MI law has recently changed, not sure exactly how it works now. Perhaps an expert can weigh in on state length rules.

$1500 is a lot for a 10-22 pattern rifle, but billet CNC ain't cheap. A complete Kidd rifle sells for $1650, and the only machining there is the receiver and action.

The bullpup isnt mcdonalds, but it isnt caviar either. The olympic pistols from matchguns, morini, pardini, walther sell from $2500 to above $3000 new, and they don't offer lightweight trigger since rules require 1kg pull. Until you shoot a nice electric trigger, you wont know the difference. This is the most affordable electronic triggered gun to date.
View Quote

Rimfire firearms are exempt from all California AW laws. As long as the barrel length and OAL do not violate NFA, there's no issue here and this can be sold freely in CA.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 5:02:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:  I've ordered stuff from Cherry for work, and it's good quality...just, IMO, a power supply type rocker switch just doesn't belong on a rifle.
View Quote

Bring it on!  Great big rocker master power switch that powers up the electronic trigger, the thermal scope, laser rangefinder, ballistic calculator...  give it a little hum, too, for about 10-15 seconds.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:14:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Sir, may i interest you in some purple under-rifle neon ground effects lighting? Very tasteful choice
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:24:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Oh so subscribed. This thing is awesome.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:08:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Bring it on!  Great big rocker master power switch that powers up the electronic trigger, the thermal scope, laser rangefinder, ballistic calculator...  give it a little hum, too, for about 10-15 seconds.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:25:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:  Sir, may i interest you in some purple under-rifle neon ground effects lighting? Very tasteful choice
View Quote

YES!  Yes, you may.    And maybe a round counter, too.  No need for a round count down - just count up everytime I change mags, which solves the problem of how many did I load in that mag & what capacity is it anyway - I know, the computer may not.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:07:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Great looking little gun.  Unfortunately It's a little pricier than I'll be willing to go.

I would love to see a re-worked 10/22 trigger pack with an electronic trigger for a standard 10/22.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top