Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2014 10:44:48 PM EDT
I find I can only have one or two of my wants at once, rarely more than one.  My ideal weapon would be a lightweight bullpup "pistol" both for compact size w/ suppressor mounted, balance in one hand, short OAL etc, and so I'd have more legal latitued to conceal or keep in vehicle while loaded.  

So, I can easily get some sort of "pistol" w/ a rifle chambering, but not a bull pup, until I saw this AK pistol enclosure by center balance systems which the ATF has ruled does not a rifle make

Problem is that I am left handed So this thing, especially w/o being able to extnd the LOP w/ butt pads, would not be fireable conventionally.  I would just have to like aim w/ a laser while its on my chest or something.  For CQB or whatever that woudl be fine but it would not be useable conventionally and at longer ranges .  I alreayd checked to see if anyoen ever made a L H ejecting AK parts i might could use but no dice.

As far as left handed bull pups, there is FN2k, Tavor, Aug & clones, but those are all rifles.

As far as bullpup pistols goes there is the Arm pistol, and the AK pictured above.  I'd take the AK of the two, since the arm pistol is out of production and known for being unreliable.

Last option is this:

(continued in next post)...
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:51:01 PM EDT
[#1]
...this (in previus post) is a 3D pritable polymer bullpup lower receiver that can holst an AR upper that features an action spring in the upper such as the OA-93, the one by RRA or perhaps the Faxon ARAK.  

The faxon comes in a left hand ejection version (!!) and I like the heavy walled receiver for safety w/ one's face at the breech, but it is a new unproven design w/ some design bugs still being worked out perhaps.  But, there is not clarification on whether that enclosure could be considered a pistol w/ a short upper or necessarily a SBR...  Plust that printed lower design is far from mature..

ETA: should't the links be shown as pictures?
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:40:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Seems to me you could buy an inexpensive AR pistol that way the lower which has the serial number is registered as a pistol. Then put the AR-AK Faxon upper on it and remove the empty buffer tube. Couple issues you can NOT put any forward vertical grip on a pistol, and the Faxon is pretty heavy. But it still isn't a bullpup. I made a bullpup rifle with a Faxon upper and I talked to Faxon about it they said they were thinking of doing their own bullpup lower, so you might ask hwo far they have gotten.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 1:31:50 AM EDT
[#3]
There is one. The original Bushmaster arm pistol.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:24:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess the Boberg XR9 qualifies as a bullpup design.

http://americanhandgunner.com/boberg-xr9-5-pistol/

http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/06/gun-test-boberg-xr9-s-9mm/

Hickok45's review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckyUmldwiDo

Interesting little gun. Pricey, though.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:47:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I guess the Boberg XR9 qualifies as a bullpup design.

http://americanhandgunner.com/boberg-xr9-5-pistol/

http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/06/gun-test-boberg-xr9-s-9mm/

Hickok45's review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckyUmldwiDo

Interesting little gun. Pricey, though.
View Quote

haha

I would have one if I was rich though, very clever and apparantly very well executed.  I just prefer revolvers for carry.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:11:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I made a bullpup rifle with a Faxon upper
View Quote

REALLY!!!

please tell us more?  Did you use an AR lower?  How did you do it??   did yo umake a transef mechanism or what???
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 12:46:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

REALLY!!!

please tell us more?  Did you use an AR lower?  How did you do it??   did yo umake a transef mechanism or what???
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I made a bullpup rifle with a Faxon upper

REALLY!!!

I would tell you to search but the search function totally sucks on this site. I made the lower entirely from scratch...twice. It does use as many AR parts as possible the trigger group, etc. It needed the 2" of butt stock to make it 26" long and legal rifle. If that were gone and the fore-stock grip were a little less vertical it might be legal to register it as a pistol.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:56:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Wow, that is fantastic.  thank you for sharing.  Sucks you had to add 2" though.  Its a damn shame you would have to get an mfg FFL to make those for anyone else.  Have you had god luck w/ the Faxon functionwise?  The design elements are not terribly novel but there is always a learning curve for a new design and a company learning how to ship a finished product, sometimes w/ parts from other suppliers, rathern than just just providing parts to other companies.

If there was just a grip/trigger transfer bar mechanism that onecould clamp to a bottom rail one could just use a regular AR receiver, pistol or SBR, and use any barrel length provided tere was not a butt on there.  do you know of any such trigger mechanism or of one I could buy?

Also, is there anytying a guy could do besides turning the barrel to lighten up that faxon upper?
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:59:55 PM EDT
[#9]
You mean like this? JTM Poly AR lower. Shortest pistol receiver extension with dedicated bolt carrier. Doesn't use a buffer and the spring goes into the upper receiver. The stock is required to cover the extension so this rifle is 2" longer than the Tavor.  While the Faxon rifle is the same length as a Tavor. Uses the same basic principle as my Faxon bullpup. A pull rod eliminates flex so both these rifle have very low pull weight breaking at 4 pounds.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:41:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Im sent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top