Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2014 3:25:07 PM EDT
I am ordering a Surefire 5.56mm Pro Comp Muzzle Brake for my Tavor 16" and wanted to know if I use the crush washer it comes with or the Tavor jam nut?
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 3:51:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I would use the nut that came with the tavor.  But my advice is worth what  you paid for it.

I am using the tavor nut with a YHM phantom QD mount.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:21:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a AAC Comp and used the original nut with a shim for my M4-2000.  Works like a charm..

ETA - I originally screwed in the comp all the way down and there was still threads exposed.  Looks like the Tavor muzzle threads are a bit longer than a AR-15.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:45:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I used the shims on mine.  It took part of two kits, but I figured out a combo that worked.  I rocksetted this in place, and consider it the "permanent" device now.

I also ran it with the jam nut for a while prior to using the shims with no problems.

Bottom line, I'm not sure it matters.

BTW, I expect you will love it.  It really tones down the felt recoil.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#4]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_20/429961_Jam_Nut_and_suppressor_mount_on_Tavor.html
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 1:27:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys. I had to buy another 19mm wrench so I could at least remove the factory muzzle device. Any advice on not buggering up the jam nut and new Surefire device? BTW I found a peel washer kit in my parts box.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 3:41:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Wrap some blue painters tape around the flats of the nut and you won't mar it with your wrench.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 6:46:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:23:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You must use the lock nut as the Tavor barrel has no shoulder on the barrel for a washer to bear against.

This is the M4 barrel profile.  Note the shoulder just behind the threaded muzzle.  This is lacking on the Tavor.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2v0hmpc.jpg

-- Chuck
View Quote

I agree with this.  I used a flash hider mount for my saker, where I normally use brake because there isn't a shoulder shim it on.  If there is no suppressor being mount on it there is no reason to not use the factory nut.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top