User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:04:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was at the Bullpup Convention in Rockcastle last Saturday and had the opportunity to shoot the X95.  In addition, I attended the IWI class at the event on changing ejection from right to left.  During the Q&A I asked the director of LE sales about the X95.  This is his response word for word:

"I can say this, IWI didn't set up a facility in the US to just produce one weapon.  As for the X95 we won't see it for civilian sales for quite awhile."

When pressed about what we would see he responded.

"I will leave that to [Mike] Kassanar, I will say that you will see some new old stuff coming out soon.'

This next part is pure speculation by me:  I anticipate IWI will announce the release the Galil ACE at SHOT 2015.  My previous conversation in 2013 with Mike Kassanar indicated that he was pushing for the .308 version for US sales, this was before the craziness of the "Great Panic" and as such I believe producing and selling 20,000+ Tavors has delayed this.  Sales of Tavors are still brisk and as such it doesn't make much sense for IWI to release another Tavor and essentially compete with themselves.  The Galil ACE has a lot of demand as well as the ability to round out IWI US offerings with a possible IDF Galil, Galil ACE Nato, Galil ACE 5.56, Galil ACE .308 and finally a Galil ACE SBR.  I predict that this is how it will play out.  I also predict that they will wait until sales of the Tavor slow down and then release the X95 as essentially the next evolution of that design, thus maximizing the sale of that platform.  Many guys who bought the Tavor will probably also buy the X95 and the release of a X95 will generate a lot of interest back into that platform.

-Sgt. Mac
View Quote

everything you said makes much sense. And i still don't see a huge demand for the x95. Most dudes don't' even know how it differs form the tavor.
And even though i really wish the x95 would come to civi market sooner. your probably right
but maybe its for the best for my wallet
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:04:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Gah...I was all set to buy the Vizio P series when I saw the R series....

I was all set to buy a Tavor in OD green when I saw the X95......

I was all set to buy the Scar 17S when I saw the.......Scar 17s
View Quote

Hahaha yep!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:03:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

everything you said makes much sense. And i still don't see a huge demand for the x95. Most dudes don't' even know how it differs form the tavor.
And even though i really wish the x95 would come to civi market sooner. your probably right
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was at the Bullpup Convention in Rockcastle last Saturday and had the opportunity to shoot the X95.  In addition, I attended the IWI class at the event on changing ejection from right to left.  During the Q&A I asked the director of LE sales about the X95.  This is his response word for word:

"I can say this, IWI didn't set up a facility in the US to just produce one weapon.  As for the X95 we won't see it for civilian sales for quite awhile."

"I will leave that to [Mike] Kassanar, I will say that you will see some new old stuff coming out soon.'

This next part is pure speculation by me:  I anticipate IWI will announce the release the Galil ACE at SHOT 2015.  My previous conversation in 2013 with Mike Kassanar indicated that he was pushing for the .308 version for US sales, this was before the craziness of the "Great Panic" and as such I believe producing and selling 20,000+ Tavors has delayed this.  Sales of Tavors are still brisk and as such it doesn't make much sense for IWI to release another Tavor and essentially compete with themselves.  The Galil ACE has a lot of demand as well as the ability to round out IWI US offerings with a possible IDF Galil, Galil ACE Nato, Galil ACE 5.56, Galil ACE .308 and finally a Galil ACE SBR.  I predict that this is how it will play out.  I also predict that they will wait until sales of the Tavor slow down and then release the X95 as essentially the next evolution of that design, thus maximizing the sale of that platform.  Many guys who bought the Tavor will probably also buy the X95 and the release of a X95 will generate a lot of interest back into that platform.

-Sgt. Mac

Man I want the X95 version of this.  Its not like its a totally different design... I hope they change their mind.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:46:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Man I want the X95 version of this.  Its not like its a totally different design... I hope they change their mind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Sgt. Mac

Darn you IWI.. I want a ACE also...it's going to be a heavy wait..
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:42:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm just glad that IWI is doing so well and that they're gonna keep bringing the goodies.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:35:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm just glad that IWI is doing so well and that they're gonna keep bringing the goodies.
View Quote

+1, they seem like an awesome company with great proven products that civi's haven't seen yet
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:26:35 AM EDT
[#7]
If they throw out some galil products i'll snap those up but i'd love an X95 to maybe SBR but i was hoping it wouldn't have the elongated trigger guard. Not sure why lol just to be a little different than the tavor i already have i guess.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:38:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If they throw out some galil products i'll snap those up but i'd love an X95 to maybe SBR but i was hoping it wouldn't have the elongated trigger guard. Not sure why lol just to be a little different than the tavor i already have i guess.
View Quote

It can be swapped out for a regular style trigger guard.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:55:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Unlike certain politicians.  I bet if we all write to IWI saying we want an x95... It will probably help :)
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:59:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Unlike certain politicians.  I bet if we all write to IWI saying we want an x95... It will probably help :)
View Quote

ha! maybe... its hard to say, like some said the tavor is still new to everyone
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:34:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Bump!  
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 10:58:05 AM EDT
[#12]
My gut feeling is that if they introduce the Galil ACE in 2015, they're going to do it by importing the 8.5" versions (ACE 21, ACE N 21, ACE 31) as pistols. This seems like such an easy play that it's hard to imagine why they wouldn't do it... in fact, this was their plan for the Uzi Pro, until they discovered the QC issues with them.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:29:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Factory SBR's should be a thing. A standard thing.

I predict I will get Sig's MPX sbr soon.
Perhaps IWI will offer an X95 sbr in the foreseeable future.
Or role out the ACE sbr and I will get that, too.
This thread has now put the MDR-C on my radar... Interested to see how this model pans out.

Companies that offer SBR options to consumers will have my attention. I want to see this segment grow and will invest accordingly. The only "diy" sbr I should be doing from the factory is to provide sufficient info to submit the required infringement form(s) and wait patiently, if I must, to take delivery.

Sounds simple enough... Sounds Pro 2A... Perhaps a bit more "NFA wallets" will make this a universal thing!
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 2:24:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Man, I just have gotten my Tavor paid off..............time to start saving for the Galil Ace or the X95
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 6:32:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Factory SBR's should be a thing. A standard thing.

I predict I will get Sig's MPX sbr soon.

Perhaps IWI will offer an X95 sbr in the foreseeable future.

Or role out the ACE sbr and I will get that, too.

This thread has now put the MDR-C on my radar... Interested to see how this model pans out.

Companies that offer SBR options to consumers will have my attention. I want to see this segment grow and will invest accordingly. The only "diy" sbr I should be doing from the factory is to provide sufficient info to submit the required infringement form(s) and wait patiently, if I must, to take delivery.

Sounds simple enough... Sounds Pro 2A... Perhaps a bit more "NFA wallets" will make this a universal thing!
View Quote
Even my notoriously cheap self might be tempted into a factory x95 SBR.  But I also already own the standard 16"......hrm.

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 2:23:21 PM EDT
[#16]
The X-95 is a better rifle than anything they make.
I don't understand why they wouldn't want to offer their best design to the American public.
The mag release and pistol grip option is better than the Tavor.
It's said to be more reliable also which is impressive since the Tavor is very reliable.
I'll probably just stick to AR's if the X-95 doesn't come out by spring.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 6:16:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Gosh I want the x95.  Its shorter than a 7.5" AR but without the problems of a 7.5"

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 3:33:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The X-95 is a better rifle than anything they make.
I don't understand why they wouldn't want to offer their best design to the American public.
The mag release and pistol grip option is better than the Tavor.
It's said to be more reliable also which is impressive since the Tavor is very reliable.
I'll probably just stick to AR's if the X-95 doesn't come out by spring.
View Quote

+1  I want the best.

I'm sure the Tavor is a great rifle, but I want the latest and greatest (especially if I'm spending a couple grand).

I'll take an X95 whenever it comes, but would of course prefer sooner than later.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:54:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Commercial version of the X95...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7aN8dc846U

Goodish news: Maybe a year, probably longer, but definitely someday
Badish news:  It will come with BOTH barrel and hand guards lengthened 3.5".

Someone tell IWI a good deal of us are going to want to cut it down to an SBR package.  Hopefully they will offer it that way with a swap or two.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:01:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Someone tell IWI a good deal of us are going to want to cut it down to an SBR package.  Hopefully they will offer it that way with a swap or two.
View Quote

Unfortunately, NFA sales are a drop in the bucket, which is why hardly any manufacturers offer factory sbr's. A good deal of arfcommers wanting a factory SBR'd X95 probably comes out to a few hundred at most.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:12:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like it will be out sometime after the ACE N, IWI says early 2016 for the ACE N.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:03:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Thus everything I previously speculated about is coming to pass.  The Galil Ace 7.62 x 39 was a smart move.  IWI will be able to broaden their appeal to a wider market and introduce people who aren't fans of the bullpup concept to IWI products.  The 7.62 x39 ACE will give Arsenal a run for their money and will be in direct competition with the SIG 556Rxi rifle.  The ACE pistol really surprised me though and I wasn't expecting that move.  Well played IWI...well played.

As for people postulating that IWI doesn't want to sell the X95 to the US, you are WRONG.  IWI has no desire to compete with themselves and essentially kill Tavor sales by bringing out a X95.  The X95 is coming you just have to be patient.  We will see the X95, but it probably won't be until 2016 at the earliest.  I agree with POORMAN, and his feel he is spot on.

IWI has also announced that the .308 ACE will take .308 PMAGs/SR-25 mags.  This was a brilliant decision and I'm glad IWI listened to Kassanar.  

We all just have to be patient, we will get all the IWI goodies we want...we just have to be patient.

-Sgt. Mac
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Thus everything I previously speculated about is coming to pass.  The Galil Ace 7.62 x 39 was a smart move.  IWI will be able to broaden their appeal to a wider market and introduce people who aren't fans of the bullpup concept to IWI products.  The 7.62 x39 ACE will give Arsenal a run for their money and will be in direct competition with the SIG 556Rxi rifle.  The ACE pistol really surprised me though and I wasn't expecting that move.  Well played IWI...well played.

As for people postulating that IWI doesn't want to sell the X95 to the US, you are WRONG.  IWI has no desire to compete with themselves and essentially kill Tavor sales by bringing out a X95.  The X95 is coming you just have to be patient.  We will see the X95, but it probably won't be until 2016 at the earliest.  I agree with POORMAN, and his feel he is spot on.

IWI has also announced that the .308 ACE will take .308 PMAGs/SR-25 mags.  This was a brilliant decision and I'm glad IWI listened to Kassanar.  

We all just have to be patient, we will get all the IWI goodies we want...we just have to be patient.

-Sgt. Mac
View Quote

They can also probably afford to wait before releasing the X-95, as they can see that the bullpup market as a whole is steadily expanding.  The overall market for bullpups is clearly growing every year and will ensure future demand for the X-95.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:26:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, NFA sales are a drop in the bucket, which is why hardly any manufacturers offer factory sbr's. A good deal of arfcommers wanting a factory SBR'd X95 probably comes out to a few hundred at most.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is why a 17" barrel is fine. That's easy to chop. It's the extending of the handguards that I was concerned with. Those are not so easy to chop
I can certainly see why they wouldn't want to compete with the tavor. So the best bet is to make the x95 as different a configuration as possible.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:57:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would still allow them to sell rifles that they would not otherwise ordinarily sell.

Personally I do not care for cutting barrels, buying two barrels, etc.  

It's very easy to tell my class 3 dealer to order me something, or even better if he's got something awesome in stock I can just buy it from him.  Vs. having to buy the gun, research some place to send it off and cut it down, pay for that too, hope that they do good work and get it done perfectly, etc.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:26:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It would still allow them to sell rifles that they would not otherwise ordinarily sell.

It's very easy to tell my class 3 dealer to order me something, or even better if he's got something awesome in stock I can just buy it from him.  Vs. having to buy the gun, research some place to send it off and cut it down, pay for that too, hope that they do good work and get it done perfectly, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 with modern rifles, most barrels are easy enough to replace.
Id rather own the gun for a couple of months, decide if i really like it, or if i just liked the idea of owning one.
Then make the sbr decision but im sure they will offer both a sbr and non-sbr.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:27:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

-Sgt. Mac
View Quote

+1, couldn't agree more!!
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 5:02:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Bump.

IWI X95.... coming SHOT 2016??  

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 5:02:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Real talk...

If none of you had a Tavor now... would you even consider buying one now? Or wait for the X95?
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 8:39:05 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm waiting, there are quite a few things I don't like about the Tavor that keep me on the fence. If I were to buy a Bullpup now i think I'd get the AUG as I have less gripes with it. The X95 however appeals to me the most so far.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:57:57 PM EDT
[#31]
I bought a Tavor when they first hit. I loved everything about it except the ergonomics. I sold it and bought an AUG, it felt like an extension of my body, no other way to explain how it felt when shouldered. My biggest gripe with the Tavor is a personal one, I just could never get a comfortable cheek weld on it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 2:51:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Real talk...

If none of you had a Tavor now... would you even consider buying one now? Or wait for the X95?
View Quote

I personally would wait.  I am interested in what configuration IWI is planning on releasing it in.  I am speculating we will see a number of Tavors hit the used market as guys who have to "have the new thing" will sell them in order to buy the X95.  We may even see vendors such as CDNN slash prices as the X95 arrives on the market in order to move inventory.  I will be scouring Gunbroker and the boards looking for a OD green Tavor when that time comes at a discount.  The X95 is nice, but for me personally, I wouldn't sell my IDF Tavor to have one.  One thing to remember is that the X95 has a real small handguard, so if you have don't have a lot of room for all your accessories, which may or may not be an issue for you.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 3:01:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Real talk...

View Quote

Having carried a bullpup before the Tavor is the first one that really seems to fit me like a glove so yes i would have bought one anyway after having had a chance to handle one.

I love the look of the X95 but i'd probably get the short barreled version (or whatever they release). For me it's not worth buying a 16" barreled X95 if i already have a tavor.

If i have some spare income i'll get the X95 but if not i might wait until either the prices come down or i'll pass entirely.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 12:33:22 AM EDT
[#34]
All I know is between the Galil and X95 I'll be sending a lot of money at IWI! I can't wait for these products to hit. I have to find some other way to save up for other guns on my list as well!
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 6:46:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Real talk...

View Quote

I am waiting on the x95 for servers reasons:

1- shorter LOP, the tavor is just too long
2- lighter, more streamlined
3- better mag release location. I would hate to learn the tavor way then go right back to the AR way.

I would hope they give us a 13".  But I can always have a 17" shortened. FYI I think it will need to be 17-18 in order to keep 26" OaL.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 1:49:15 AM EDT
[#36]
I'll wait for the X-95.
Lighter,AR type mag release,more refined and reliable.
The tavor is real good but I've heard that their mil wants to and are transitioning over to the X-95.
Since the price of bullpups are around 2 to 3 times more expensive than an AR might as well get the X-95.
The tavorsl grip design doesn't look as good compared to the X-95 and AUG.
The X-95 looks like a better match for a 9mm kit also.
The MDR bullpup is looking very promising and might be the star of the bullpups when it comes out but probably sell for a lot higher price.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I want one for the AR style mag release.
View Quote

I second that. My Tavor has taken some getting used to in thst department and the x 95 would be a lot smoother in that regard. I've recently been doing repetitive mag changes and it has gotten a lot smoother but takes practice, I'm thinking the x 95 will make that process much quicker. I would like to see more people running the Tavor though in classes and videos because I really don't think people in general get the versatility yet.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 12:39:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The MDR bullpup is looking very promising and might be the star of the bullpups when it comes out but probably sell for a lot higher price.
View Quote

I'm thinking MDR for the .308 possibilities. I never went with the RFB because of reliability reviews and peers who have bought it and had issues. I do however want one of these bad for those engagements that the 308 just makes more sense with.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 1:00:17 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm passing on the Tavor and waiting for the X95.
I just like the look of the X95 better.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top