Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2014 10:16:29 PM EDT
Hey Guys,
Picked up a Tavor and am really liking the 1x4 scope with the FastFire on top.  A little heavy, I know, but that isn't a big issue. I mounted a buddies MTAC setup on it and was pretty impressed. I have narrowed it down to the MTAC and the original XTR packages, there is about a $100 difference between the two.  Has anyone used both?  I think I like the MTAC's reticle better but have not seen the XTR in person.  Is the XTR a better built scope?  I imagine I would be fine either way, but was just wondering what others who have actual time with either thought.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:04:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I really like the mtac reticle.

Simple, fast, and precise at long ranges if you take your time.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:06:02 AM EDT
[#2]
XTR (from SWFA I assume?) is made in USA.
MTAC is made in Asia.

No experience with the MTAC, but the XTR on a buddy's rifle is gorgeous glass.

Won't be many more chances to buy US-made glass at anything approaching a reasonable price, and that SWFA XTR deal is staggeringly good IMNSHO....  You know what to do
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 5:44:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I have had both scopes and I prefer the XTR reticle, the XTR is very good at longer distances and  good at short distances while the MTAC is very good at short distances and marginal at long distance. The glass is also noticeably better in the XTR.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 6:45:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Forgot to update, sorry...Well I ordered the XTR, only to get an email the next day that they were out of stock with no restock date(after reading up on SWFA, I guess I should of known...). So I canceled my order, and started asking around locally and found a screaming deal on a leupold 1.25 x 4 with one of the firedot reticles.  It came with a PEPR QD mount with the rails on top so I might through a fast fire or something similar on top if I feel the need... Thanks all for the advice!
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:56:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Forgot to update, sorry...Well I ordered the XTR, only to get an email the next day that they were out of stock with no restock date(after reading up on SWFA, I guess I should of known...). So I canceled my order, and started asking around locally and found a screaming deal on a leupold 1.25 x 4 with one of the firedot reticles.  It came with a PEPR QD mount with the rails on top so I might through a fast fire or something similar on top if I feel the need... Thanks all for the advice!
View Quote

That's the scope I'm using...I really like it. So light!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top