[#1]
Very Cool and ingenious. Looks awesome.

But for me

556 or bust
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:05:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:43:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Placed an order with Ratworx this morning. I wasn't the only one, apparently! Looking forward to receiving this!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:17:03 PM EDT
[#4]
not the only one interested .... waiting on one form 3 (5.56) and just going to fill out form 4 (22) ... wife would kill me going for three
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:44:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:50:58 PM EDT
[#6]
As an engineer, sometimes the simplest explanations are the best! What are you doing to ensure that the six (?) screws holding the suppressor in place don't come loose? That's my primary concern. That's going to be a large rifle to be slinging 9mm in!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:58:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:48:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

12 screws actually, six top and six bottom.

The easiest way to ensure they dont come loose is to install the core and then fire 2500-3000 rounds through it in one day. Then you go to remove the screws and find they are all still tight, and are sure that your  calculated torque settings that you worked out as ultimately being "snug tight" by feel are good to go and screws loosening is not going to be an issue. ;)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As an engineer, sometimes the simplest explanations are the best! What are you doing to ensure that the six (?) screws holding the suppressor in place don't come loose? That's my primary concern. That's going to be a large rifle to be slinging 9mm in!

The easiest way to ensure they dont come loose is to install the core and then fire 2500-3000 rounds through it in one day. Then you go to remove the screws and find they are all still tight, and are sure that your  calculated torque settings that you worked out as ultimately being "snug tight" by feel are good to go and screws loosening is not going to be an issue. ;)

How about the 2 screws that hold it to the Tavor Frame and also the "lip" of the Tavor Frame where the handguard slips over?  Any noticeable issues with the loads reacting into those locations?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:31:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:48:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

5.56 version?
View Quote

I couldn't spend my money fast enough.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:58:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
5.56 version?

I think the heat and strength that aren't issues with 9mm would be big issues with 5.56..
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:04:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No issues at all.  The ZRX has 2500+ rounds through it on Saturday, and there wasn't even finish wear inside the two mounting screw holes on the forend.

What you have to remember is that those screws are holding through the metal of the forend, and mounted into a steel bracket on the gun.  The screws are a quarter inch in diameter of steel.

Take a look at a 1/2x28 or 1/2x36 muzzle thread on your rifle, the part that is holding your direct screw on suppressor or muzzle device in place- those threads have only about 0.030" of interlock with that muzzle device or suppressor, and I have yet to hear of a suppressor that launched off by shearing through the muzzle threads of the barrel!

You will see that two quarter inch diameter steel screws give PLENTY of strength to hold everything in place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about the 2 screws that hold it to the Tavor Frame and also the "lip" of the Tavor Frame where the handguard slips over?  Any noticeable issues with the loads reacting into those locations?

No issues at all.  The ZRX has 2500+ rounds through it on Saturday, and there wasn't even finish wear inside the two mounting screw holes on the forend.

What you have to remember is that those screws are holding through the metal of the forend, and mounted into a steel bracket on the gun.  The screws are a quarter inch in diameter of steel.

Take a look at a 1/2x28 or 1/2x36 muzzle thread on your rifle, the part that is holding your direct screw on suppressor or muzzle device in place- those threads have only about 0.030" of interlock with that muzzle device or suppressor, and I have yet to hear of a suppressor that launched off by shearing through the muzzle threads of the barrel!

You will see that two quarter inch diameter steel screws give PLENTY of strength to hold everything in place.

Understand about the screws...shear loads on screws are quite high.  How about bearing from the screws into the plastic frame and the bearing loads from the handguard and where the handguards butts up against on the plastic frame?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:15:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:20:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Is there anyone selling a combo kit for the Tavor and 9mm conversion?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:17:52 PM EDT
[#15]
I have zero interest in a 9mm Tavor (already have 4-5 9mm carbines, some suppressed)...

But that's fucking bad ass.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:25:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:22:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Fantastic idea...  I have never been interested in a 9mm carbine until I saw this.  How tight is the core in the forend?  It seems like there may be a chance of a lot of gas leakage with no "O" rings.
View Quote

just quoting, didn't get answered, and I am curious as well (not that I know jack about suppressors).
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 6:04:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:33:19 PM EDT
[#19]
RatWorx submitted the paperwork on my Tavor ZRX suppressor today!  I can't wait!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:13:57 PM EDT
[#20]
They got a serial number for you already and filed the Form 3? That was much faster than I anticipated! As I was one of the first people to order, I was miffed to not be contacted by Ratworx, until I realized that I'm currently on a plane :) Hopefully I'll have a voicemail asking for payment waiting for me when I land!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 6:12:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Now you need to develop a suppresed grip version for the X95 , one that is SBR'd to 13". That I would purchase.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:49:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Now you need to develop a suppresed grip version for the X95 , one that is SBR'd to 13". That I would purchase.
View Quote

THIS
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:09:29 AM EDT
[#23]
can you confirm that serial numbers are available ... might change my idea and go and pay some money .... must resist or wife will NOT be happy
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Called Ratworx, and they indicated that serial numbers are not available yet.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:28:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Cool
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:49:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Called Ratworx, and they indicated that serial numbers are not available yet.
View Quote

Hmm...wonder if they can make the suppressor serial match the rifle serial.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 3:27:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Is there a time frame when this will be an "on the shelf" item ... want to spend the $400, no $600 (tax stamp) no $700 transfer ... but not wait months for it to be born.

Just curious and probably a buyer
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 4:34:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
We have been working with Ratworx on this project for a while.

The worst part?  Not being able to tell anybody about it until we revealed it yesterday!  

Sven
Manticore Arms

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/tavor9mmsuppressedZRX.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/tavor9mmsuppressedZRX.jpg</a>
View Quote

that is really cool

so now the question is does it come in FDE for people that have as FDE Tavor ?

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 5:49:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They got a serial number for you already and filed the Form 3? That was much faster than I anticipated! As I was one of the first people to order, I was miffed to not be contacted by Ratworx, until I realized that I'm currently on a plane :) Hopefully I'll have a voicemail asking for payment waiting for me when I land!
View Quote

I will be receiving ZRX serial number 3.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 6:09:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Do you have an "in" with those guys? Because I was told by Ratworx that it would be about a month, and that I was their third customer to place an order.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 7:10:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:I do have an "in" at RatWorx. I have known about t
Do you have an "in" with those guys? Because I was told by Ratworx that it would be about a month, and that I was their third customer to place an order.
View Quote

I do have an "in" with the RatWorx crew. I have known about this project since the inception.  My guess is that my can and your can will ship to our SOT''s the same day.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification!
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 4:07:03 PM EDT
[#35]

The wait has started.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 4:52:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Same here. Was contacted today for payment to start the Form 3 process. 9mm Tavor rifles are expected to sell for $1650 from Ratworx.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 6:21:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone else contacted?
Im on the list but haven't heard from them yet.

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 4:36:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:06:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Is there going to be a pre-order list for the 5.56 version?

Interested in signing up if there is.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:48:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 11:57:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 11:50:18 PM EDT
[#42]
I guess that's my cue to place that call.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 10:11:03 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
The design of the 5.56mm isn't even finished yet, so I can't answer that, still too early in the process...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is there going to be a pre-order list for the 5.56 version?

Interested in signing up if there is.

The design of the 5.56mm isn't even finished yet, so I can't answer that, still too early in the process...
I disagree

We know you will work out the 5.56 design.

A preorder list is a great idea.

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 4:15:08 PM EDT
[#44]
My Form 4 check was just cashed a few days ago. Hopefully it'll be approved in April!
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Nothing at all against manticore or ratworx but it amazes me that suppressors can be manufactured and sold to people outside of IL but not IL residents. Damn Illinois

Sorry, jealous second rate Illinoisan rant over
Looks awesome
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 8:58:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Nothing at all against manticore or ratworx but it amazes me that suppressors can be manufactured and sold to people outside of IL but not IL residents. Damn Illinois

Looks awesome
View Quote

Just get an SOT.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Just get an SOT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks awesome

Just get an SOT.

I looked into this and the municipality where I live has my house zoned residential...and they view any sort of business that generates even one walk in customer "commercial" and is thus prohibited.  Since the ATF says you have to obey local laws, ordnances, and zoning...that put the kibosh on that idea real quickly.  I asked the township if I could, within the ordnance, hold a Tupperware party and was told, "No...that's commercial and you're zoned residential."  

If there's a way around this, I'm all ears.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:40:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Totally interested in the 5.56 model!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:56:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Any word on the fde colored one?.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 4:57:30 PM EDT
[#50]
I test fired my ZRX yesterday. Install was easy, and the gun looks great! Running Fiocchi 158gr ammo, I was pleased with the results. The suppressor does a great job! However, due to the shooter's ear being next to the ejection port and the bolt being in the stock, the perceived noise was much louder than my suppressed MP5. It's definitely hearing safe though. I watched a friend shoot the gun, and was pretty impressed! Looking forward to taking the setup home when my paperwork clears in about 3 months!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top