BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2014 5:11:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks buddy.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:50:58 PM EDT
[#2]
It says they are not in stock but will be October 1.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:56:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

The aluminum packs are in stock, the Delrin packs probably aren't far behind.  Art said he was shooting for Oct 1 as his estimate but things must have come back faster than he thought.  I did hear a couple days ago that he was in the process of test firing all of them so i know he has some in hand.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Just ordered the aluminum version, thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 8:13:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The aluminum packs are in stock, the Delrin packs probably aren't far behind.  Art said he was shooting for Oct 1 as his estimate but things must have come back faster than he thought.  I did hear a couple days ago that he was in the process of test firing all of them so i know he has some in hand.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see that now.   They only have nine in stock.

I'm still holding out for someone to compare the TAV-D directly to the Geissele SABRA before making my selection.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 8:34:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Only 8 left now, thanks!
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:11:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Down to 5 now, maybe 30 minutes later.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:24:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Picked one up.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:32:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Locked one down10 minutes ago.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:52:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Out of Stock now, but managed to pick one up at about 7:30 last night.  Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:36:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Anyone get theirs yet?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:54:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Nah...I ordered on Sunday as soon as this batch came available but it looks like mine hasn't actually shipped yet.  I planned to shoot it this weekend but it doesn't look like that will happen.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:57:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Anyone get theirs yet?
View Quote

Me either.  Got a shipped notice with tracking number on Monday, but USPS tracking says it hasn't moved
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#14]
USPS still shows mine not moved yet either.

I will say that USPS tracking generally seems to suck though.  Wouldn't surprise me if it showed up before USPS updated their tracking.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:45:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I never received a ship notice just a link to an online copy of the invoice.  I received that on Sunday at 8:08 pm.

Just talked to them and everything has shipped, the last ones, yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:14:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Just got a notice that they're back in stock.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 9:31:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Still showing OOS
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:50:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Today, I received notification the trigger pack has been delivered to a USPS sorting facility, and is in route.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 4:03:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Still showing OOS
View Quote
Wednesday or Thursday Next week -Maybe sooner-The BP Convention got in the way is all. Are you on the list? If you are we'll give you a heads up.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:41:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Argh, still OOS.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:06:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Mine is showing to be deliever today.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:12:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Mine just came today.  I ordered the delrin one, the rear pin was really, really tight, but it went in with some light hammer taps.  Just dry firing, what a difference!!  I can't wait to shoot it now.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:35:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Mine (alum) showed up today also
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 4:57:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Mine arrived today, also. Aluminum, and installed perfectly.

Very nice trigger, with take up to second stage, then clean break.

I also have a Geissele arriving in a couple days, and am looking forward to testing and ascertaining differences.

ETA: First stage weight is 3.4, with second stage break at 4.8.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 5:15:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Mine  came in today also. Delrin housing, and it fits perfectly.  The pins pop right into place.  The trigger feels nice, can't wait to shoot it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Mine arrived also.  Pulling the trigger after install causes excessive grinning.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:01:19 PM EDT
[#27]
More should be in-stock by weekend or sooner-Anyone on the list will be emailed and also text messaged if we have that info:
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:06:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Mine arrived today, also. Aluminum, and installed perfectly.

Very nice trigger, with take up to second stage, then clean break.

I also have a Geissele arriving in a couple days, and am looking forward to testing and ascertaining differences.

ETA: First stage weight is 3.4, with second stage break at 4.8.

View Quote

Got mine too, also aluminum.  Big improvement over the stock trigger.  Definitely be interested in how it compares to the Geissele.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:05:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Mine arrived and the pins slid right through this aluminum unit.  The squeeze was most pleasurable.  Kudo's to Shooting Sight!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:20:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Got mine. Promptly installed. Range trip soon.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:24:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Watch your email Sunday Night .
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:06:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Aluminum housing model is in stock

ETA: both housings in stock
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 6:27:12 PM EDT
[#33]
why in the world would I buy it if its priced the same as Geissele ?
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Supporting a small business, a general consensus that it is made of better materials (this is only what I've read on this and bullpup forum where they almost unanimously support Shooting Sight) and equivalent or better performance out of the Tav-D.  Pretty simple really.

I don't own either, I think the stock trigger is okay but I may upgrade someday.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 10:06:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's $10 cheaper than the Geissele.

But we don't know if the quality is necessarily up to Geissele's standards - that remains to be tested.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 10:28:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Over on the bullpupforum the question is reversed.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 11:31:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They basically worship shootingsight for being first on the market with a functional Tavor trigger. I went with Geissele after trying both, and getting tired of waiting for the Tav-D to be in stock. They're both great triggers.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 2:25:37 PM EDT
[#39]
why such anal comments?: They are both good Triggers: Geissele has a bigger name. The fact ShootingSight has held his own in a Market that is both Aggressive and Political is quite Remarkable. I have owned all three Triggers and probably put as many rounds if not more then anyone else has. The Bottom line, at least between the 2 stage examples: Were only one available we'd all be pleased. Regardless of which one that was. The SS was out first because he was the only one to begin with that showed any interest. Geissele and Timney both told Me and I'm sure others they had no interest. Maybe there wouldn't even be Triggers yet had ShootingSight told me no as well. The Rumor is a video will be out next week comparing all 3. And no it's not rumored to be from MAC. Although I'm sure he may eventually do one. The video from what I've been told is not a who is Best. Because the reviewer didn't feel that was the case. After using the Geissele and ShootingSight for over 6000 rounds a piece. I personally don't think so either. I have noticed from another user's Geissele that mine measured almost 1lb lighter with the same gauge.  I've also noticed some users have reported 5.5 and others 4.5 . Not sure why that is.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 5:35:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
why such anal comments?: .
View Quote

Because some people are anal-holes is my guess......
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 7:27:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Ya'll crack me up ...

You're trying to compare three different triggers, the Timney is a single stage and may or may not work in your weapon, the Geissele is a two stage with an adjustable first stage which may appeal to some but not others and the Shooting Sight is a two stage non adjustable which may appeal to some but not others ...

I think the biggest reason the Shooting Sight trigger is more popular over on the Bullpup Forum is because Art actually came over and interacted with the forum members during the entire process of development. He kept the membership informed of the progression of the trigger and used forum members to test the trigger and get feedback. Timney and Geissele didn't do that, so gee, I wonder why the Shooting Sight might be a little more popular in certain circles ...
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 11:04:46 PM EDT
[#42]
ShootingSight fielded prototypes to select individuals to get some rounds on trigger groups, get feedback and incorporate any needed changes to the final released product. They were open & interactive so several on the other forum is very much aware of their presence & product in beta form and final release.

That level of interactive development is uncommon today and resulted in a best in class product priced less than the only competitor for a 2 stage trigger.

If you want a two stage trigger you have two choices.
If you want a single stage trigger you have one choice.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 12:46:39 AM EDT
[#43]
I think folks now are really just waiting for high round-count reliability data

Two reputable trigger companies and a newcomer, and lots of discussion out there about material and manufacturing quality.  I only tried one, but I'm sure the other two feel awesome too.  Hope we see some videos soon of all three brands getting abused, beaten, put thru the paces...
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Incorrect, you have two: OEM and Timney.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 2:41:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The OEM is the crappy trigger that many owners choose to replace so for practical purposes / discussion its aftermarket triggers that are not supplied with the gun.
You could be the rare exception that replaces the OEM trigger with another OEM trigger so anything is possible.

The Timney and OEM trigger are different as night & day in function with the OEM trigger double the weight or more.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 3:08:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I think folks now are really just waiting for high round-count reliability data

Two reputable trigger companies and a newcomer, and lots of discussion out there about material and manufacturing quality.  I only tried one, but I'm sure the other two feel awesome too.  Hope we see some videos soon of all three brands getting abused, beaten, put thru the paces...
View Quote
Problem with High round counts is not many people shoot 100 rounds a month. Let alone 1000 plus. I get to shoot everyday because I live on acreage and built myself a nice range. Guys like MAC shoot a lot as well. But not always on one Gun. I have just over 6 on the Geissele and just shy of 7 on the Tav-D. Most people reading won't put that many rounds on for years. I doubt you'll see a break down of either Trigger Pack. If you do it will be a fluke.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The OEM is the crappy trigger that many owners choose to replace so for practical purposes / discussion its aftermarket triggers that are not supplied with the gun.
You could be the rare exception that replaces the OEM trigger with another OEM trigger so anything is possible.

The Timney and OEM trigger are different as night & day in function with the OEM trigger double the weight or more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ShootingSight Tav-D in my Tavor. I was one of the lucky shooters to get a pre-production version to evaluate and purchased a production model as soon as they were available.  Just wanted to let others know that there were two options when it came to single stage triggers for the Tavor not one as you had indicated.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 8:34:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Just wanted to let others know that there were two options when it came to single stage triggers for the Tavor not one as you had indicated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just wanted to let others know that there were two options when it came to single stage triggers for the Tavor not one as you had indicated.

Yep ,technically  two options for a replacement single stage trigger :  Timney or another OEM crappy trigger.
YMMV.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top