Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2014 12:44:41 PM EDT
I know that many of you are going with internal handguard tac light setup, such as those offered by Manitcore Arms and Midwest Industries. They both appear be quality products, but before I replaced my lower handguard with one of these options, I wanted to try the Inforce WML, as its very light at only 3 ounces. I initially installed it on the side accessory rail, which worked OK, but got an itch to try it on the top of the rifle, so I did. After mounting it there, I discovered that it was perfect for me. It allows me to push the button with my thumb. And I can also manipulate the side switch with my thumb that switches the function of the unit from constant on/off to intermittent. I was a little worried that the tac light housing would be in my line of sight when looking through the red dot optic, but I just shot the rifle again yesterday, and it does not. Of course, I am using the taller American Defense QD mount (AD-T1-11) which is lower 1/3, instead of the slightly shorter (AD-T1-10) which is absolute co-witness. Anyway, I just thought I would share a less-common tac light set up for those who might be interested. I will post this on the Tavor section of the Bullpup forum as well.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:34:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I know that many of you are going with internal handguard tac light setup, such as those offered by Manitcore Arms and Midwest Industries. They both appear be quality products, but before I replaced my lower handguard with one of these options, I wanted to try the Inforce WML, as its very light at only 3 ounces. I initially installed it on the side accessory rail, which worked OK, but got an itch to try it on the top of the rifle, so I did. After mounting it there, I discovered that it was perfect for me. It allows me to push the button with my thumb. And I can also manipulate the side switch with my thumb that switches the function of the unit from constant on/off to intermittent. I was a little worried that the tac light housing would be in my line of sight when looking through the red dot optic, but I just shot the rifle again yesterday, and it does not. Of course, I am using the taller American Defense QD mount (AD-T1-11) which is lower 1/3, instead of the slightly shorter (AD-T1-10) which is absolute co-witness. Anyway, I just thought I would share a less-common tac light set up for those who might be interested. I will post this on the Tavor section of the Bullpup forum as well.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa246/destateklu/TavorSARleft_zpscba3fa7f.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa246/destateklu/TavorSARright_zpscfb8e883.jpg
View Quote

I have a question, how would you be able to use your iron sights with the light covering the front sight? This why I chose to use the MI internal setup. My tape switch is on the side and it just take a little more finger pressure to activate the light should I need to use it.

I do have one of the Inforce lights on my BCM Jack Carbine, but it is one a 45 degree mount. It is position to where I can use my thumb to activate it. It also does not interfere with the BUIS.

You may want to give the internal weaponlight another consideration. Another option would be to buy the Manitore or MI handguard and mount the small rail section on the left side and mount the light there. You would still be able to use your thumb to activate it. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:54:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have a question, how would you be able to use your iron sights with the light covering the front sight?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa246/destateklu/TavorSARleft_zpscba3fa7f.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa246/destateklu/TavorSARright_zpscfb8e883.jpg

I have a question, how would you be able to use your iron sights with the light covering the front sight?

I definitely thought of the flip-up sight thing. That's really the only "minor" negative to this setup.
In the unlikely instance that my optic failed and I needed the iron sights, I would take cover, turn the security screw on the Inforce light, move it to the side rail, then re-tighten the screw. Takes about 10 seconds. About 5 seconds if I put the light in my pocket.
Providing that the integrated flip up sights are flush mounted, pulling them up requires tilting the rifle upwards for a couple seconds to see where they are for pulling up anyways.
I agree that an internal handguard tac light is the best overall option, but I mainly wanted to minimize Weight. The Cost savings was an added benefit.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:30:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I definitely thought of the flip-up sight thing. That's really the only "minor" negative to this setup.
In the unlikely instance that my optic failed and I needed the iron sights, I would take cover, turn the security screw on the Inforce light, move it to the side rail, then re-tighten the screw. Takes about 10 seconds. About 5 seconds if I put the light in my pocket.
Providing that the integrated flip up sights are flush mounted, pulling them up requires tilting the rifle upwards for a couple seconds to see where they are for pulling up anyways.
I agree that an internal handguard tac light is the best overall option, but I mainly wanted to minimize Weight. The Cost savings was an added benefit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you read the last line of my post?
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:29:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't even picked up my Tavor yet (I will this afternoon, Cant wait!!) but I found myself looking at alternatives to mounting a tac light even before I placed the order for my Tavor.

Several times I have had my "Cart" on various websites filled with all the aftermarket add-ons needed to attach an under barrel tac light, but each time I have changed my mind.

After watching several videos of the Tavor in action with the IDF, I have decided to give the side rail attachment of a Tac light a chance before I go changing out hand guards.

I plan to use the designed pressure switch in the hand guard first as well, and if that set up dosen't work for me I'll start looking at the aftermarket forearms again.

I also went around and around about optics for my Tavor as well, and ended up with ordering the Meprolight Tru-Dot RDS...

OP:  Just a suggestion, but if you like the placement of your Tac light, maybe you could try adding a set of BUIS to your rail.  Place the front sight behind the light, and the rear behind your red dot???
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:06:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:............OP:  Just a suggestion, but if you like the placement of your Tac light, maybe you could try adding a set of BUIS to your rail.  Place the front sight behind the light, and the rear behind your red dot???
View Quote

The TAVOR has built in flip-up sights. That are recessed in the rail.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:22:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow.. take cover move the securiry screw, reposition light.. start shootinv bad guys.. im guessing youve never been shot at before? Its pretty scary.. maybe the security screw will help idk
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:23:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Maybe not.. I dont have a tavor so shit if i know if that will work.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:23:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:............OP:  Just a suggestion, but if you like the placement of your Tac light, maybe you could try adding a set of BUIS to your rail.  Place the front sight behind the light, and the rear behind your red dot???

Did you even read the OP or look at the pictures?  The OP has covered his front flip up sight with a Tac light
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:12:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Did you even read the OP or look at the pictures?  The OP has covered his front flip up sight with a Tac light
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read the OP's entire post. Evidently, you did not read my response completely. In his case, it makes more sense to move the light a side rail. Buying another BUIS for the front is a waste of money when there is one already there. Personally, I prefer the internal setup better. It is a lot cleaner and it works.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:25:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I read the OP's entire post. Evidently, you did not read my response completely. In his case, it makes more sense to move the light a side rail. Buying another BUIS for the front is a waste of money when there is one already there. Personally, I prefer the internal setup better. It is a lot cleaner and it works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess you also missed where the OP said the light on the top works for him???  But hey what do I know?  OP please refer ALL questions to the guy that drives the Honda, he is the only one on the interweb that has an opinion worth anything...
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:11:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Easy gentleman. Easy...!!!
I was merely trying to show another option for Tavor users to try, and didn't want to anyone here to fight about it. We should focus on fighting ISIS, not one another...!!!

Anyway, if being able to flip up the front sight lightning fast is imperative to you, then my setup is not for you. I just like it for my needs as use and manipulation of the tac light is way better for my large hands and long fingers. I personally have rubber rail guards over my unused rails, to include the rear sight, so lifting up the sights super fast isn't super high on my priority list.

For shits-n-giggles I just tried to see how fast I could remove the front sight a few times, and it took me (3) seconds average. Under stresss, I'm sure it would be more like 4-6 seconds. If I were a combat soldier, and using this rifle as my fighting rifle, I would definately consider an internal tac light with pressure switch.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:54:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Hey OP, thanks, you just saved me some money. I plan on using the side rail though since nothing is sitting there anyway
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:01:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hey OP, thanks, you just saved me some money. I plan on using the side rail though since nothing is sitting there anyway
View Quote

Good deal. If you mount it on the side rail, and hold the rifle the way IDF soldiers are trained, you will use your index finger to press the button, instead of your thumb.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top