Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2014 9:34:16 PM EDT
I finally got a Tavor. There's so much I like about this rifle. I was surprised how quickly it got hot, and how long it stayed hot. I only shot 180 rounds over about two hours. The horizontal grip got pretty hot, and so did the rail and much of the rifle. I only shot 5.56 ammo, and it ejected at about a 1-1:30 angle.

I'm concerned that my M42000 will make it too hot, and perhaps cause function issues if the gun is already ejecting at such an angle. Experiences, input, suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:42:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I run an SPR/M4 on mine almost 100 percent of the time.  It never gets too hot.

You should be fine.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:02:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I run an SPR/M4 on mine almost 100 percent of the time.  It never gets too hot.

You should be fine.
View Quote

What's the ejection pattern on yours suppressed?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:10:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Hard to see in my video, but it's like 1:30-2:00 or so.

I can try to take a better video during the week for you.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:17:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I use an SDN-6 suppressor on mine, and i've never had any heat issues or failures.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:14:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I've seen a bunch of videos and tons of pics of folks mounting an AAC M42000 on thei Tavors, and I've not heard of any issues. Anybody here have any?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've seen a bunch of videos and tons of pics of folks mounting an AAC M42000 on thei Tavors, and I've not heard of any issues. Anybody here have any?
View Quote

No issues except I need more ammo......
My only gripe is the POI shift down from the light profile barrel but it runs really nice.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top