[#1]
I turned 2 ODG about 8 months ago.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:53:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:24:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow, I really didn't know I liked OD until I saw these...

I almost like it better than FDE.
View Quote

Yes, it really is a Practical and Timeless earth-tone color that you never get tired of.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 2:00:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Was in the que for an FDE that was still a bit out, decided I really liked the look of it in the this color and have one enroute!
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:57:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

IWI US is transitioning to Gen III Pmags on all of our Tavors. Unfortunately, Magpul does not make colors in Gen III. Yes, they do still make colors in Gen II, but Gen II's do not always drop free from the TAVOR SAR. We wanted to switch to Magpul and Gen III was the only solution for us as we insist that mags supplied with Tavors drop free,
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My guess is that IWI gets their mags directly from MagPul and MagPul is not currently producing colored PMags.

IWI US is transitioning to Gen III Pmags on all of our Tavors. Unfortunately, Magpul does not make colors in Gen III. Yes, they do still make colors in Gen II, but Gen II's do not always drop free from the TAVOR SAR. We wanted to switch to Magpul and Gen III was the only solution for us as we insist that mags supplied with Tavors drop free,

Dang! I really wanted an OD Tavor, and waited and waited. With no notice that OD would be available, I bought an FDE Tavor just 5 months ago.  

What do I do!?!  I'm almost OCD about having my 5.56 rifles in OD and my 5.45/7.62x39 in FDE!
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:23:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Dang! I really wanted an OD Tavor, and waited and waited. With no notice that OD would be available, I bought an FDE Tavor just 5 months ago.  

What do I do!?!  I'm almost OCD about having my 5.56 rifles in OD and my 5.45/7.62x39 in FDE!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My guess is that IWI gets their mags directly from MagPul and MagPul is not currently producing colored PMags.

Sell one, buy the Others?  Trade?

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:26:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Who cares what color it comes stock, a professional cerakote or finish can be had for fairly cheap now and one can customize their look any way they want. If you can afford a tavor, if you can afford a decent optic to put on it you can afford 200-400 custom finish. Mine looks light green with eyes but under camera it looks more grey or tan. Not worried about it though as once I get optic it's going to be handled rough and marked up as this is a battle rifle not a range or target rifle. This gun was meant to be used and abused. Never understood a person's preference to color on a firearm, or aftermarket triggers on a battle rifle, use your money for optics, mags and ammo and learn to use it stock and not worry about the looks completely. You are not going to be driving it down main street picking up chicks.

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:12:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Who cares what color it comes stock, a professional cerakote or finish can be had for fairly cheap now and one can customize their look any way they want. If you can afford a tavor, if you can afford a decent optic to put on it you can afford 200-400 custom finish. Mine looks light green with eyes but under camera it looks more grey or tan. Not worried about it though as once I get optic it's going to be handled rough and marked up as this is a battle rifle not a range or target rifle. This gun was meant to be used and abused. Never understood a person's preference to color on a firearm, or aftermarket triggers on a battle rifle, use your money for optics, mags and ammo and learn to use it stock and not worry about the looks completely. You are not going to be driving it down main street picking up chicks.

http://i57.tinypic.com/egpdmr.jpg
View Quote

So in the same paragraph you advocate leaving it stock while also advocating spending 2-400 on a finish job?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:23:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

http://i57.tinypic.com/egpdmr.jpg
View Quote
How did you go almost a year without a post?

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 12:40:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm dissapointed that IWI just doesn't use the colored Pmags. It's not like they're not available and it makes for a much nicer package. It probably isn't that bad with the OD since it's so dark looking but the FDE will look wrong after seeing all the FDe ones with FDE mags. I'll use whatever mag I have when I shoot, even the "$5 USGI" because I've never had a problem with those. Just seems like a backwards move to go to all black across the board. But whatever, nobody else seems to care and it won't stop me from buying a colored version when I am ready. It would have just been nice is all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
did the Pmag come with it and did it match good? I have some OD pmags already from an AR build. It looks pretty dark.

It came with a black GEN III PMAG

That is disappointing. The FDE guns came with FDE mags. I wonder if the switch to Magpul means all colors are getting black now. Magpul has OD and FDE mags so it shouldn't be that hard to have the right color.

.....you're disappointed over a mag color?
Even thought it' s a windowed PMAG Gen 3 ?
Disappointment should be if IWI just jammed a $5.00 GI alum mag in the box and shipped it....

I'm dissapointed that IWI just doesn't use the colored Pmags. It's not like they're not available and it makes for a much nicer package. It probably isn't that bad with the OD since it's so dark looking but the FDE will look wrong after seeing all the FDe ones with FDE mags. I'll use whatever mag I have when I shoot, even the "$5 USGI" because I've never had a problem with those. Just seems like a backwards move to go to all black across the board. But whatever, nobody else seems to care and it won't stop me from buying a colored version when I am ready. It would have just been nice is all.

Just gotta keep in mind that the Gen 3 PMAGS only come in black. Magpul is also fazing out the colored Gen 2 PMAGS.

The Gen 3 fits better in the Tavor; it's not as tight as the Gen 2, so it makes sense that IWI would want to stick with the Gen 3. That eliminates any possible color options right there.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top