Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/30/2014 3:43:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you take some pics in natural light? It looks really sweet!
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 4:25:41 PM EDT
[#2]
How about a side by side picture with a FDE?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 4:51:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Jelly down in the 'Brook!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:20:11 PM EDT
[#4]
That looks pretty nice. The color looks pretty close to the pre-release picture I saw a month ago. Nice purchase.
I'm happy with my 16.5" Black Tavor, and intend to get an 18" FDE very soon.
Who knows.....if my money is right down the road, I may pick up an OD green Tavor after that, but it would definitely be the 16.5" model.
But then again.....the A-TACS FG Camo Tavor looks pretty friggin sweet too. Decisions Decisions...!!!

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#5]

THAT is nice!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:50:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn it!

Sombody shut up and take my money!
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:16:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:58:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Man, I really like that OD. May get rid of my black one for that if I can find one.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:34:05 PM EDT
[#10]
did the Pmag come with it and did it match good? I have some OD pmags already from an AR build. It looks pretty dark.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:42:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:44:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It came with a black GEN III PMAG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
did the Pmag come with it and did it match good? I have some OD pmags already from an AR build. It looks pretty dark.

That is disappointing. The FDE guns came with FDE mags. I wonder if the switch to Magpul means all colors are getting black now. Magpul has OD and FDE mags so it shouldn't be that hard to have the right color.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:15:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I believe the Gen 3 PMAGs are black only for now. I wonder how close the color matches with an OD green Aug. Thanks for the pics OP!
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:30:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:11:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Pretty sure the world will continue  to spin even if guns are shipping with black pmags regardless  of gun color. ;)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote
I bought 20 FDE windowed gen2 Pmags for my FDE Tavor on the way. The world may still spin with black Pmags, but with a slight wobble. Lol

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:54:54 AM EDT
[#16]
I really kind of like.

I got away from OD in gun color and got onto the FDE wagon but the OD Tavor looks pretty good! I would be proud of the one Sven.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:37:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Here, I just threw it outside on the lawn to get a picture in natural light, and it gives a much better representation of the color.

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/odgreentavoroutside.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/odgreentavoroutside.jpg</a>
View Quote

Thanks for indulging me that's sexy!
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:56:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:34:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That is disappointing. The FDE guns came with FDE mags. I wonder if the switch to Magpul means all colors are getting black now. Magpul has OD and FDE mags so it shouldn't be that hard to have the right color.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh

I'd take a black pmag over a colored IWI mag any day.

I've had a few issues with the IWI mag. The first time the follower screwed up in the tavor. Then it had a messed up feeding issue in one of my ARs. I don't trust it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:19:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

.....you're disappointed over a mag color?
Even though it' s a windowed PMAG Gen 3 ?
Disappointment should be if IWI just jammed a $5.00 GI alum mag in the box and shipped it....
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 5:36:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Even thought it' s a windowed PMAG Gen 3 ?
Disappointment should be if IWI just jammed a $5.00 GI alum mag in the box and shipped it....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm dissapointed that IWI just doesn't use the colored Pmags. It's not like they're not available and it makes for a much nicer package. It probably isn't that bad with the OD since it's so dark looking but the FDE will look wrong after seeing all the FDe ones with FDE mags. I'll use whatever mag I have when I shoot, even the "$5 USGI" because I've never had a problem with those. Just seems like a backwards move to go to all black across the board. But whatever, nobody else seems to care and it won't stop me from buying a colored version when I am ready. It would have just been nice is all.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:35:49 PM EDT
[#23]
My guess is that IWI gets their mags directly from MagPul and MagPul is not currently producing colored PMags.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:59:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm dissapointed that IWI just doesn't use the colored Pmags. It's not like they're not available and it makes for a much nicer package. It probably isn't that bad with the OD since it's so dark looking but the FDE will look wrong after seeing all the FDe ones with FDE mags. I'll use whatever mag I have when I shoot, even the "$5 USGI" because I've never had a problem with those. Just seems like a backwards move to go to all black across the board. But whatever, nobody else seems to care and it won't stop me from buying a colored version when I am ready. It would have just been nice is all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol - I can see your point
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:02:45 PM EDT
[#25]
That OD Tavor is really hot.

I have a black 16" and was going to get an FDE 16 as my next but this OD is so much more awesome(r).

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:04:31 PM EDT
[#26]
how close is it to magpul OD?

I really like the OD color of their furniture/mags
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 4:22:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Just ordered mine
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:14:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Sorry, double post.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:14:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My guess is that IWI gets their mags directly from MagPul and MagPul is not currently producing colored PMags.
View Quote

IWI US is transitioning to Gen III Pmags on all of our Tavors. Unfortunately, Magpul does not make colors in Gen III. Yes, they do still make colors in Gen II, but Gen II's do not always drop free from the TAVOR SAR. We wanted to switch to Magpul and Gen III was the only solution for us as we insist that mags supplied with Tavors drop free,
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:37:19 AM EDT
[#30]
I want that.  I love OD green firearms.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:52:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Mine arrives at my FFL today but I might have to wait until next week to pick it up.

Glad I waited for green - my favorite color. I've dabbled with some FDE AR builds but they don't really do much for me.  Bored with the tactical black look.  

Thanks for giving us a third color option, IWI!

Quoted:
how close is it to magpul OD?
I really like the OD color of their furniture/mags
View Quote

If no one beats me to it, I'll toss up a pic with an OD Pmag when I pick mine up.  From the photos I've seen, it appears darker than Magpul's color.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 12:13:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Bad Ass. I will be getting another one now.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:07:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:28:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Ordered a new Aimpoint Patrol optic for mine.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 10:29:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Here you go, with a proper Manticore ARClight XTL forend on it, and a new 1 cell CR123 pressure switch LED light we are going to be offering shortly.

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/XTLod18inchsideweb1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/XTLod18inchsideweb1.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/XTLOD18inchangledweb1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/XTLOD18inchangledweb1.jpg</a>
View Quote

You have inspired me

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 11:08:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
You have inspired me
View Quote

That looks good, especially with the Black magazine. It seems that many want matching OD mags, but I like the contrast. Just get some OD rubber rail guards and you're done.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 4:35:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 12:03:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Here you go, with a proper Manticore ARClight XTL forend on it, and a new 1 cell CR123 pressure switch LED light we are going to be offering shortly.

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/XTLod18inchsideweb1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/XTLod18inchsideweb1.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/XTLOD18inchangledweb1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/XTLOD18inchangledweb1.jpg</a>
View Quote

That's sick
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:33:42 PM EDT
[#39]
With the magpul od.. Looks pretty good..
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 6:38:01 PM EDT
[#40]
My OD Tavor SAR just arrived.  Sweet!  Why would anyone want a SBR?

Pics up when I get the Aimpoint mounted.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:53:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Solarforce?
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:17:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:51:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Oh wow. Ok, now I see. Will that system work with the shorter handguard?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:36:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Here she is with the Aimpoint PRO

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:51:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:57:40 PM EDT
[#46]
The photo's look quite different depending on the lighting for figuring out what the color actually looks like. Is it more green or brownish, or both?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 2:40:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
And of course this bad boy will be at Bullpup Shoot 2014 if anyone wants to see OD Green in person on Sept 27th!  

By then it will be properly upgraded with some Manticore accessories, including some new stuff no one has seen yet.
View Quote

I unfortunately can't come to the bullpup shoot due to me living in Texas .

Edit: I'd Really like to have some trigger time on one before I drop the coin on one.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 3:11:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Any plans to offer your hand guard with with M-Lok spec slots?  I'm really liking the more monolithic look over some other options.  My 18" OD is wanting one.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 4:39:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Wow, I really didn't know I liked OD until I saw these...

I almost like it better than FDE.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top