Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2014 4:04:33 AM EDT
So, I have finally made the decision to pick up a FDE Tavor with the 16.5 inch barrel and I got to wondering what others have found to be their favored optic choice on the Tavor.

I'm a rather big ACOG fan, both of my AR15 rifles have them and was thinking of migrating my TA31RCO from the PWS MK112 over to the Tavor. But I also thought about possibly getting an EOTech with a Magnifyer or sticking with a RMR sight with no magnification. (No aimpoint for me, never really been a fan of the optic, personal preference here)

What says everyone else? Is the ACOG a mistake to put on the Tavor? I'm hoping to pick up the Tavor pretty quick here but that is dependent on another item of mine selling, for it to be soon.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:35:38 AM EDT
[#1]
The IDF routinely uses 4X ACOGs on DMR Tavors..

I am using a EoTech 516 with mine,,,
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:06:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks for the info, appreciate it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:19:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm running an Eotech 511 on mine...yes yes i know battery zapper but mine seems to be holding up well.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:44:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 11:43:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I have an EOTech 512 on mine, works great.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:34:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I have two Tavors one has a Mepro 21 and the other ACOG TA11
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 5:56:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have two Tavors one has a Mepro 21 and the other ACOG TA11
View Quote

How do you find the TA11 works with the Tavor?
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 6:52:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you know if they have a riser block under the optic? I've seen people shooting Tavors with optics designed for ARs and the cheek weld looks painful, maybe I'm wrong but that's the way it looks to me.

I'm planning on putting a Primary arms 4x with built in riser on mine next week but even the pictures on the Primary arms web site of that optic mounted on a Tavor are kind of painful looking.

Thanks in advance for any help  
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 8:05:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Do you know if they have a riser block under the optic? I've seen people shooting Tavors with optics designed for ARs and the cheek weld looks painful, maybe I'm wrong but that's the way it looks to me.

I'm planning on putting a Primary arms 4x with built in riser on mine next week but even the pictures on the Primary arms web site of that optic mounted on a Tavor are kind of painful looking.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There's a raised rail being manufactured by Gear Head Works called the Razorback. You might check that out, I believe it will solve your issue. Instead of raising your optics, you can just replace the rail with something that sits a little higher.

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:14:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There's a raised rail being manufactured by Gear Head Works called the Razorback. You might check that out, I believe it will solve your issue. Instead of raising your optics, you can just replace the rail with something that sits a little higher.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sounds like a good fix, I was dreading putting a riser block on that rifle.  THANKS!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:38:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Personally, I like using a micro dot optic on my TAVOR. I am using the VORTEX SPARC and it works extremely well. The SPARC came with the appropriate riser to allow for lower 1/3 co-witness. VORTEX also offers the new Spitfire Prism optic with 1x and 3x magnification. The Strikefire is another viable option. None of these will empty your wallet. VORTEX OPTICS has a lifetime V.I.P. Warranty on their optics. I recently had to take advantage of the warranty. I broke the micro switch on one of my SPARCs and they had it back to me in less than a week. It works beautifully once again.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:34:41 AM EDT
[#13]
516 with a 3x magnifier.  A bit heavy but it gets the job done.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:52:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Another E O Tech 511 user which sits on top of YHM EO Tech mount, perfect co witness.   I always carry several sets of spare N batteries.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 12:07:50 AM EDT
[#15]
I've got a mepro 21m  on mine with the X reticle
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:00:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:05:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Meprolight M21 for mine
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:52:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Well, the Tavor will be here today, so I get to see what the cheek weld is like, it's a little different for each person
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:14:55 AM EDT
[#19]
I run an Eotech 512 on mine. I bought it through Primaryarms so I got a free PA 3x magnifier with it. I don't use risers, but I am a smaller built dude and the cheekweld is alright for me. Although I can only shoot with in-ear earpro instead of the muffs, but that's no big deal.

If I was going to do it all again I probably would have sprung for the Eotech that has the built-in higher mount, like the EXPS series, but I bought the 512 for my AR before I even had the Tavor.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:47:50 PM EDT
[#20]
I just ordered a Tru Dot RDS from Meprolight.  I don't have my Tavor yet, so I cant tell you how it will work?? Hoping for the best
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Put an M21 on mine as I wanted something fast and compact for HD without a stamp.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:12:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a TA 01 on my Tavor,  and don't have a problem using it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:18:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

What type of base under it?  I picked my rifle up from the FFL today and anything shorter than the popsicle stick back up sights is going to be tough for me, glad I waited to get the rifle before ordering an optic, probably going to need a one inch riser, minimum

Thanks for the help
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What type of base under it?  I picked my rifle up from the FFL today and anything shorter than the popsicle stick back up sights is going to be tough for me, glad I waited to get the rifle before ordering an optic, probably going to need a one inch riser, minimum

Thanks for the help
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the help

Just the regular base that came with the ACOG.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top