Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2014 6:02:16 AM EDT
I want to shoot my Tavor suppressed, so I would like to get the MI or the Gearhead ejection port cover to prevent Tavor face. Which is most effective! The MI or the Gearhead
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 12:55:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it comes down to whether or not you want the swivel point.

I have the gear head works plate and I am happy with it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:24:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think it comes down to whether or not you want the swivel point.

I have the gear head works plate and I am happy with it.
View Quote

Ditto. I bought the Gear Head before the MI came out. I'm sure they're both quality products though, i've been very happy with MI in the past.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:58:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Does the GearHead one fit the opening properly? Have seen a few photos that make it look like the outer plate is shaped differently then the opening it's going in.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 3:39:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does the GearHead one fit the opening properly? Have seen a few photos that make it look like the outer plate is shaped differently then the opening it's going in.
View Quote

Post the photos.

Mine looks fine.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:17:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Look just forward of the FLEX plate, have seen multiple photos that look like this...

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:13:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the Gearhead and it works great, though I dont shoot suppressed.  I put it on with the sling point to the rear and like how it rests better than when using the factory rear mount.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:19:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I have to say that even after installation of my Flex by Gearheadworks, I still get Tavor face and I am not shoioting suppressed. Nasty ejection port gas right on my face. Oh well. At least its a swivel mount.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:19:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Doubletap.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:24:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I use the MI one suppressed.  No gas leaks with it in place.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:12:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Do you have any issues transitioning between sides with the sling that far forward?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 12:56:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 1:01:59 PM EDT
[#12]
No issues with the factory cover.
If you want to seal it up better get a tube of RTV silicone and a dab will do ya.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:53:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Flex for me. The extra swivel works great. No gas hits me anymore so I don't see a need for 2 plates. Mine fits perfectly too. I don't see an issue with the one in the picture.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top