Quoted:
Pictures of said "Mud" M1?
View Quote

From Steyr's Facebook page:

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:05:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:21:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Torn between 16" or 18" barrel (would love to get a 24" later on).  Like the 'short' factor, but will be doing some longer shooting too.  Been wanting one of these since I was a kid, and this M1 with the scope (leaning toward 3x and maybe a compact reflex added on top) really nails it in resembling the classic a1.  A cheaper A3 is tempting, but then I'll still have to get a different rail and scope mount I like.  
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 2:22:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Got my A3 M1 today.  18" OD and 3x optic.  My first AUG.  

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 2:42:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag167/jeffro556/augstump2_zps5ca70179.jpg
View Quote

Great photo!!!
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 10:40:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's pure sex right there...I'm waiting on mine albeit in 16" OD.  Should be here Monday.  Sweet pic, though, and a reaffirmation of my color choice.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 11:09:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Space guns on Endor!   So much win.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
That's pure sex right there...I'm waiting on mine albeit in 16" OD.  Should be here Monday.  Sweet pic, though, and a reaffirmation of my color choice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Barrel length was a tough decision for me.  Finally went with the 18" as I liked the shortness of the 16, but also wanted the 20 for longer range target shooting (I'm tempted to get a 24" someday) so it seemed like a nice compromise.  Plus the 18 is bit less common, and on a bit less common gun .

OD was a no-brainer for me since I have a thing for two-tone schemes on guns and it's mostly forest around here.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:41:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ordered.  That's the exact spec I was leaning towards, and after seeing what an 18" looks like, that's it.  This is the one.

To restate what's been said - now is the time gentlemen.  These exotic rifles are available at the pleasure of the President.  And the entire gun industry is in a major sales slump, with unheard of inventory overstock and low sales volumes.  2014 is a very good time to buy.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

beautiful gun!
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 5:57:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:47:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Ordered.  That's the exact spec I was leaning towards, and after seeing what an 18" looks like, that's it.  This is the one.
To restate what's been said - now is the time gentlemen.  These exotic rifles are available at the pleasure of the President.  And the entire gun industry is in a major sales slump, with unheard of inventory overstock and low sales volumes.  2014 is a very good time to buy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I didn't seem to have much luck finding straight on side shots of all three barrel lengths to compare for the full on visual comparison.  Actually did a quick photoshop of one before deciding.  My picture isn't quite straight on from the side, but it was the sharper of the other two, so I used it.  I was losing light quickly and a flash would have have been ugly.
As for 'now is the time', I was anxious to get it.  Pete at PJS got it shipped out quickly, so my thanks to him for that.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 3:18:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I got the exact same one today. A huge +1 for Pete.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:18:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yeah, I didn't seem to have much luck finding straight on side shots of all three barrel lengths to compare for the full on visual comparison.  Actually did a quick photoshop of one before deciding.  My picture isn't quite straight on from the side, but it was the sharper of the other two, so I used it.  I was losing light quickly and a flash would have have been ugly.

As for 'now is the time', I was anxious to get it.  Pete at PJS got it shipped out quickly, so my thanks to him for that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would drink with you.  

I told Pete mine is going under the tree, so to take his time.  So he waited until after lunch to ship it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 4:05:08 PM EDT
[#17]
This just convinced me to sell my beloved MSAR E-4 and get one. I'll be getting a 16" green with 3x, and then get all available accessories later.

What are the twist rates for the barrel lengths?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 5:15:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:58:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This just convinced me to sell my beloved MSAR E-4 and get one. I'll be getting a 16" green with 3x, and then get all available accessories later.

View Quote

Your beloved and *much shot* E4...weren't you the lucky one who found ammo mispriced and bought it all?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:21:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Your beloved and *much shot* E4...weren't you the lucky one who found ammo mispriced and bought it all?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 4:28:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Bought it this morning at an incredible price!!  20" OD with 3x optic.I also bought a 16" barrel for it Can't wait to get it and go blasting!!!
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 5:58:24 PM EDT
[#22]
From Pete or?

Mick

Quoted:
Bought it this morning at an incredible price!!  20" OD with 3x optic.I also bought a 16" barrel for it Can't wait to get it and go blasting!!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/1/2014 6:38:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
From Pete or?

Mick

View All Quotes
Quoted:
From Pete or?

Mick

Quoted:

Pete
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks to Pete my bullpup family has grown a bit.

Shot it a bit last weekend.  Scope was pretty far off out of the box, but got it dialed in and had no problems.

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top