Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:54:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm guessing they're really trying to clear out their A3s since the M1 is coming around. Now's the time to get it if anyone wants one.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:45:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Dammit!!  Another AUG purchase!!  

...One with a 16" barrel, a black stock that takes Steyr magazines and a 1.5X scope.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 8:44:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Will have that one in stock tomorrow!

Thanks,
Pete Athens / Pja
704 668 7973
www.pjs-steyraug.com
www.steyrauga3cqc.com

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...One with a 16" barrel, a black stock that takes Steyr magazines and a 1.5X scope.

Thanks,
Pete Athens / Pja
704 668 7973
www.pjs-steyraug.com
www.steyrauga3cqc.com

Any additional word/time frame on the A2 style scopes, Pete?
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 10:27:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:36:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I will check on that today!

Thanks,
Pete Athens / Pja
704 668 7973
www.pjs-steyraug.com
www.steyrauga3cqc.com

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks,
Pete Athens / Pja
704 668 7973
www.pjs-steyraug.com
www.steyrauga3cqc.com

Any additional word/time frame on the A2 style scopes, Pete?

I will check on that today!

Thanks,
Pete Athens / Pja
704 668 7973
www.pjs-steyraug.com
www.steyrauga3cqc.com

Any Updates Pete!
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 4:50:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:16:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
AUG A3 M1s in stock now, filling pre orders as we speak/type lol

Man they are really nice, I think I like them better then the A3, of course they remind me of the original AUG A1 and they started it all for me!!

Black and Green in stock, 16 & 20"  

We also have both Steyr M1 rails in stock plus the rear VLTOR QD sling pins.

View Quote

Can the different rails be swapped out?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:23:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:49:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Green 20" 3x - picture looks great! That's exactly what I'll be ordering.

Does anyone know of a GOOD and REPUTABLE company that does duracoat? A tan receiver, optic, and barrel would go perfect with the green.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:03:30 AM EDT
[#11]
What's the ETA on green NATO sticks?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:07:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Does anyone know of a GOOD and REPUTABLE company that does duracoat? A tan receiver, optic, and barrel would go perfect with the green.
View Quote

Same here!
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:31:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would love to get the mud stocked 16 inch and duracoat the reciever to get a SF replica.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:53:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry for the ipotato photos but just picked up my green stock 16" AUG M1 with 3x scope.  First AUG but have been looking forward to this buy.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:42:02 PM EDT
[#15]
How do you like the 3X scope?
Did you get this from Pete, or another source?

Mick
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:53:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Mick
View Quote

I like the scope .  Very clear and I've been a fan of 3x scopes since my old retro Colt m16A1 clone build with carry handle scope.  Eye relief is just right for me.

I actually got mine from Steyr.  I worked with them a bit during their relocation to the new factory and had asked them to give me a ring when the new model was out.  Got to watch them put this one together and test it out at their range afterwards.  Still smiling like an idiot.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:20:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What's the ETA on green NATO sticks?
View Quote

I would like to know this too.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:29:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I like the scope .  Very clear and I've been a fan of 3x scopes since my old retro Colt m16A1 clone build with carry handle scope.  Eye relief is just right for me.

I actually got mine from Steyr.  I worked with them a bit during their relocation to the new factory and had asked them to give me a ring when the new model was out.  Got to watch them put this one together and test it out at their range afterwards.  Still smiling like an idiot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mick

That's a really neat story. Sounds like it was fun.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:28:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Is there a waiting list, prepay or ETA on the A2 style X3 scope model?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:53:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:58:08 AM EDT
[#21]
What is the reticule like on the 3x, and how is the visibility?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:43:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd also like to know about the eye relief and field of view.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:06:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:55:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:02:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have every AUG reticle from the A1/A2's.
The new 3x reticle should have been on all the A1 20" guns from the beginning. It is a HUGE improvement over any other reticle design.

I haven't seen the 1.5x reticle for the M1's, but I think it is the open circle, non-intersecting crosshair design (which is a good close up optic, better than the solitary donut).

Pete has a picture of the new 3x reticle, but his picture doesn't do it justice at all. When I looked through the optic for the first time, I was surprised how nice it was.
If I can get some 3x scope tubes, I'll be replacing a few optic tubes...
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:18:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I bought mine from Pete, price was excellent and the gun is really nice.

I'll be honest, I think this new M1 is a better AUG than the A1. Receiver is better, optic housing is better, optic is better, stock is better, and it has all the internal improvements in the carrier that early A1's didn't have.

If I was someone looking to buy an A1, I would give the M1 some serious thought (unless you want the A1 specifically).
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:08:19 PM EDT
[#27]
That green M1 with the 20" barrel may be calling my name...wow...
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'll be honest, I think this new M1 is a better AUG than the A1. Receiver is better, optic housing is better, optic is better, stock is better, and it has all the internal improvements in the carrier that early A1's didn't have.

If I was someone looking to buy an A1, I would give the M1 some serious thought (unless you want the A1 specifically).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see you're running a AAC blackout, do these new barrels have standard 1/2x28 thread?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:21:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I see you're running a AAC blackout, do these new barrels have standard 1/2x28 thread?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope

Standard AUG 13mm
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:21:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

AAC makes adapters threaded M13x1 LH for the AUG.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/354765/advanced-armament-co-aac-blackout-flash-hider-51-tooth-ratchet-suppressor-mount-556mm-m13x1-lh-thread-steyr-aug-steel-matte
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:48:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:48:57 AM EDT
[#32]
more pics more pics
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:54:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The new 3x reticle should have been on all the A1 20" guns from the beginning. It is a HUGE improvement over any other reticle design.

I haven't seen the 1.5x reticle for the M1's, but I think it is the open circle, non-intersecting crosshair design (which is a good close up optic, better than the solitary donut).

Pete has a picture of the new 3x reticle, but his picture doesn't do it justice at all. When I looked through the optic for the first time, I was surprised how nice it was.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

can't find  :  (can someone post a pic?)

from the pic I saw  on a gunbroker listing it looks just like the A3 Scope I have, (previous generation)  only stronger magnification

I'm loving the look of the 20" barrel on these (Just like the old A1's)
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:13:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:32:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
from the pic I saw  on a gunbroker listing it looks just like the A3 Scope I have, (previous generation)  only stronger magnification

I'm loving the look of the 20" barrel on these (Just like the old A1's)
View Quote

In the pictures on gun broker, the reticle looks all jacked up compared to how it really is.
Pete's picture gives the best representation I've seen so far, but it still doesn't fully exhibit how the reticle is.

I'll try to take a picture…
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 2:00:01 PM EDT
[#36]
So if one had to choose between the 3x and the 1.5x, which would you choose?
I've run 4x ACOG's in the past, and find that while they are great at distance, they suck at short range....

Mick
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 4:57:49 PM EDT
[#37]
This was the best I could do with my bad camera skills, and it still doesn't fully do the optic justice.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#38]
The scope housing does have "back up sights" - basically a point and shoot type sight. Not very useful, but it is there.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The scope housing does have "back up sights" - basically a point and shoot type sight. Not very useful, but it is there.

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/maleantemalandro/IMG_0785_zpsb04403be.jpg
View Quote

Very cool.  Is there a front dot as well?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/maleantemalandro/IMG_0785_zpsb04403be.jpg
View Quote

thats disappointing.  i was hoping for something actually usable like on the ADI scope

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Perfect place for an aimpoint T1 or a Trijicon RMR.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:36:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking the same thing or possibly a Zeiss red dot.  

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:38:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Huh.  I took the M1 to the range Saturday and put several hundreds rounds through it. Didn't even notice the dots on the back of the scope.  Went and grabbed the rifle after I saw your post and sure enough they are there.  They don't seem very useful though.  Maybe a matching dot on the top adjustment turret could help here.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 3:50:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Same here!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here!

Screw durioat , take the optics tube out and send it to US Anodizing to be anodized in your favorite color typeIII hardcoat
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Pete,

Since the A2, have there been any differences/changes in the A3 before this A3M1? Would you please explain any differences in detail between the A3 and the A3 M1?
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:36:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:41:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Origpaymentslly Posted By tater22:

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/5/5c/Steyr_AUG_A3_SF.jpg/450px-Steyr_AUG_A3_SF.jpg
View All Quotes
Origpaymentslly Posted By tater22:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/5/5c/Steyr_AUG_A3_SF.jpg/450px-Steyr_AUG_A3_SF.jpg

Just sent the payment to Pete today for M1. I thought about the Zeiss but decided I trust the T-1 more
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:48:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The A3 has the longer rail on top that bolts on to the receiver and no bolt on scope available, the A3 receiver also has the short rail on the right side of the receiver and new for the A3 has the last round bolt release button on the stock.

On the new M1 the receiver retains the front portion with the sling swivel attachment which now is QD sling swivel, the A3 rails will not work on the new M1s or visa versa. The M1 also has 2 new rails and a bolt on scope option with 1.5 and 3 power options.

Basically one can buy an updated A1 look alike now with a couple of rail and scope options!

Thanks,
Pete Athens / Pja
704 668 7973
www.pjs-steyraug.com
www.steyrauga3cqc.com
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pete,

Since the A2, have there been any differences/changes in the A3 before this A3M1? Would you please explain any differences in detail between the A3 and the A3 M1?

The A3 has the longer rail on top that bolts on to the receiver and no bolt on scope available, the A3 receiver also has the short rail on the right side of the receiver and new for the A3 has the last round bolt release button on the stock.

On the new M1 the receiver retains the front portion with the sling swivel attachment which now is QD sling swivel, the A3 rails will not work on the new M1s or visa versa. The M1 also has 2 new rails and a bolt on scope option with 1.5 and 3 power options.

Basically one can buy an updated A1 look alike now with a couple of rail and scope options!

Thanks,
Pete Athens / Pja
704 668 7973
www.pjs-steyraug.com
www.steyrauga3cqc.com

Pete what's the difference between the M1 and A3 SF other than the go fast option?
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:14:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Pretty much the same, the early SFs had slightly different scope assemblies

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/maleantemalandro/STG_77/2076084_zpsa94f790a.jpg
View Quote
thanks! Can't wait to het mine!
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top