Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2014 3:38:24 PM EDT
So I have an AXR by TPD that should be shipping out Monday. I've never owned an AUG type rifle (or any bull pup configuration for that matter).. What do I need to know about it? What should I be expecting?

Optics? Anyone recommend something?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:48:54 PM EDT
[#1]
It's the ONLY varient in my AUG/clone collection that has zero play between the barrel and receiver.  For me, it is the most accurate as well.  Most of the major components, besides the barrel group and the billet receiver, are actually Steyr parts.  IIRC, there were less than 150 rifles/ receivers ever made.  The item that you may have issue with would be the gas regulator as some tend to break.  If that ever happen, just replace it with a Steyr part.  You've made a good investment.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:50:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So I have an AXR by TPD that should be shipping out Monday. I've never owned an AUG type rifle (or any bull pup configuration for that matter).. What do I need to know about it? What should I be expecting?
View Quote

Small, awesome, great balance. I don't know how tpd triggers are but im pretty sure it wont feel like some pampered match trigger but will still be definitely functional. Practice with it a bit and you will adapt to the ergos. If you don't then don't be surprised when it feels different than a ar since it is.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:19:18 PM EDT
[#3]

.....expect  -  a hard time getting the smile off your face....
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:15:14 PM EDT
[#4]
You will love it..amazing guns...welcome to the aug club...
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:03:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Agree with all of above. Really well made rifle with attention to detail. I got mine out the other day and did a bit of shooting. I forgot how decent the AXR trigger was for a bullpup. Love that thing. I hear rumors of production starting again.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:49:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 2:28:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Awesome, thanks for all the responses

What are they worth?

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 3:12:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I have one but have never shot it, very nice receiver well built and Kent did an excellent job on the rifle.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:50:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What are they worth?
View Quote

I don't really know. Never saw one for sale. I've never considered selling mine so I never thought about or researched it to be honest.

All I can say is I paid about $2000 for it before Styer was offered here.
If you don't mind me asking, what were they asking for the one you got?

Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:58:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have one but have never shot it, very nice receiver well built and Kent did an excellent job on the rifle.
View Quote

I wish I had done that. (Not shot it.) Had I known Styer was coming and TPD was going, I'd have stuck it away and got a Styer or two for shooting and spare parts for the AXR. lol! Still going to do that though.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I haven't gotten to shoot mine as much as I would like lately, but they are great guns.  And one of the nicest machined receivers you will find.

I had one blow out the gas plug and had to replace the piston, but as of several years ago both Steyr and MSAR piston/plugs were compatible.

Enjoy it!

So, is Kent getting back in business?  He got hurt pretty bad by the panic parts shortages, plus both MSAR and Steyr showing up in the market unexpectedly.  But a great guy to deal with that I highly recommend.  With the import issues, maybe he should just make Steyr compatible 22LR and 9mm conversions.  That is something I find sorely missing on the AUG platform.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 3:53:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I don't really know. Never saw one for sale. I've never considered selling mine so I never thought about or researched it to be honest.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What are they worth?

I haven't received it yet, it should be shipping on Monday. I pretty much went by the guys word on the value, it was a trade.. I don't plan on selling it either, was just curious.

Link Posted: 8/3/2014 10:02:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I haven't gotten to shoot mine as much as I would like lately, but they are great guns.  And one of the nicest machined receivers you will find.

I had one blow out the gas plug and had to replace the piston, but as of several years ago both Steyr and MSAR piston/plugs were compatible.

Enjoy it!

So, is Kent getting back in business?  He got hurt pretty bad by the panic parts shortages, plus both MSAR and Steyr showing up in the market unexpectedly.  But a great guy to deal with that I highly recommend.  With the import issues, maybe he should just make Steyr compatible 22LR and 9mm conversions.  That is something I find sorely missing on the AUG platform.
View Quote

Hey guys!  This is Kent.  We are working on re-entering the market hopefully this year end.  Beginning with receivers and then a redesigned AXR sometime after that.  Our goal is cutting a significant amount of weight from the AXR.
Looking forward to talking with you guys in the future!

Kent Luttrell
TPDUSA
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:57:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hey guys!  This is Kent.  We are working on re-entering the market hopefully this year end.  Beginning with receivers and then a redesigned AXR sometime after that.  Our goal is cutting a significant amount of weight from the AXR.

Kent Luttrell
TPDUSA
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enjoy it!

Kent Luttrell
TPDUSA

I hope you are returning!!!!!

If you read the threads on the current AUG's (and I'm sure you do), there are many people who would like something similar to the Original AUG.

Might I suggest you bring an A2 version to market.

Plus PLEASE retain parts interchangeability with Steyr as I want the ability to use a Steyr stock so I can run the Steyr mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top