Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2014 2:28:17 PM EDT
I picked up a ML3 second hand and want to use it on my new Tavor.  It came with a QRP3 mount, which looks like it's an absolute co-witness on my AR.  I won't have the Tavor until tomorrow (if everything goes as planned) so I can't mount it and check.  I'm assuming since it's an absolute co-witness on my AR that it will be too low for the Tavor, right?

If it is too low, what is a mount I can use to absolute co-witness the factory irons on the Tavor?  I've read LaRue is out due to the rail not being mil-spec, what other options do I have that are the correct height for the Tavor?
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 3:38:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I am holding out for the Manticore Arms aluminum top rail so I can use LaRue mounts.  Not only does Mark LaRue make the best mounts available, he is also a great supporter of this board and many other good causes.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 3:39:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am holding out for the Manticore Arms aluminum top rail so I can use LaRue mounts.  Not only does Mark LaRue make the best mounts available, he is also a great supporter of this board and many other good causes.
View Quote

I'd like to keep the factory back up iron sights, so that's not an option for me.  Would an American Defense mount work or would it suffer from the same problem as LaRue mounts?
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 3:20:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 5:49:39 AM EDT
[#4]
The Tavor rail is shorter than an AR rail so if you have to have an absolute co-witness you'll need to go with a SOCOM height mount. My Comp M4s came with the QRP mount and it was just too short. I used an American Defense mount with SOCOM riser and it was the perfect height and works with the Tavor's rail ...
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:36:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I put the Aimpoint on my Tavor with the QRP3 mount and spacer and it co-witnesses with the factory irons and seems about the right height surprisingly.  I was expecting it to be too short but it's really not bad.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top