Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2014 3:42:25 PM EDT
I have had the Trigger Tamer in the AUG A3 for about 2-3K rounds-first time today it started doubling with 55 grain Winchester 5.56.  It didn't do it with steel cased Silver Bear.  Very strange I have shot this thing for years and never had an issue-with lots of different ammo
I took it out and inspected trigger pack-it looks perfectly normal-the spring is where it is supposed to be and it has normal tension on it etc.  Nothing appears out of place
Anyone ever had this issue?  Do they wear out after time?
Thanks-
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:36:00 PM EDT
[#1]
You should remove the trigger tamer and put the factory part back in and give it a try with the same ammo to see what the results are.

If still doubling then something else is going on.

If not... well there you have it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:05:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Just make sure you are alone when you fire it again.  Its highly illegal to have a full auto gun and you could risk jsil time if an LEO is present.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:51:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just make sure you are alone when you fire it again.  Its highly illegal to have a full auto gun and you could risk jsil time if an LEO is present.
View Quote

^^^ Says the guy who has a financial interest in the neu trigger.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I have had issues in the past with my SCAR 17 and a TimneyTrigger, I had it double several times at a range-no one is going to jail for having a trigger malfunction every once in awhile that is on accident
I merely asked if anyone had this happen with a TRIGGER TAMER device
Thanks-
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:37:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
no one is going to jail for having a trigger malfunction every once in awhile that is on accident
View Quote

Maybe not, but I wouldn't take chances myself. Get that fixed ASAP - and please do post the resolution here for other users!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Olofson
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top