Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2014 1:43:08 PM EDT
I already have a Kriss Carbine and I'm considering trading it for a Tavor. I just don't use it that much and like the idea of another 5.56 gun.
Any reason I shouldn't make the switch?
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 1:57:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't think of any reason why a KRISS vector is better than a Tavor.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:03:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:32:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a Tavor and a Kriss SBR. If you have the means, I recommend the Tavor and Kriss SBR. The Tavor is an incredible combat rifle, and the Kriss SBR is an amazing CQB weapon.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:39:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've got a Tavor and a Kriss SBR. If you have the means, I recommend the Tavor and Kriss SBR. The Tavor is an incredible combat rifle, and the Kriss SBR is an amazing CQB weapon.
View Quote

The Kriss shines in full auto.  In semi-only build, it's not much different than any other PCC, and has some of it's own quirks that make it awkward for some.  This is assuming that it's SBR'd.  With the monster 16" barrel, it shouldn't even be in the running.
The Tavor is light and reliable, and the aftermarket is catching up.  It also has 9mm conversions available, with others possibly on the way.

Tavor gets my vote.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The Kriss shines in full auto.  In semi-only build, it's not much different than any other PCC, and has some of it's own quirks that make it awkward for some.  This is assuming that it's SBR'd.  With the monster 16" barrel, it shouldn't even be in the running.
The Tavor is light and reliable, and the aftermarket is catching up.  It also has 9mm conversions available, with others possibly on the way.

Tavor gets my vote.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tavor gets my vote.

Well, of course the Tavor is far nicer than a Kriss with a 16" barrel. The Kriss just begs to be SBR'd. Like I said, if you have the means do a Tavor and a Kriss SBR. They are both a lot of fun. If you can only do one, definitely go with the Tavor.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:14:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I have no desire to own a Tavor but have even less desire to own a Kriss.

I hope that helps
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:44:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I preferred Grease Gun over Kriss but prefer AUG/Tavor over both.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:33:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I presume you have access to a rifle range.
Back when I didn't, rifles were no good to me, so I would have taken the Kris all day long.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:18:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Owned both.  Miss my Kriss but would take the Tavor hands down.  If I was to get another Kriss, it would be the SBR version.  Nice rifle but the huge barrel shroud was so unappealing.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:43:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Grease Gun is in 45ACP like Kriss.  There are pistol caliber kits for both AUG and Tavor.  I believe 22LR kit is coming for AUG.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 10:15:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd go with the Tavor.  It to me actually has some utility where I see the Kriss as not much more than a range toy.  I also have pistol caliber carbines (UZI and Sterling) and while they are fun plinkers, I would much rather have a carbine or rifle in a rifle caliber than a pistol caliber carbine.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 10:20:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. I'd trade RFN.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:53:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Tavor.
Combat proven
Multiple governments use it
Reliable
Pistol caliber conversion available
Aftermarket support growing

Kriss
Not the best track record for reliability
Not in use with any agencies or g'ments
.45acp only - great round but not designed for real range
Cool looking IF sbr'ed

I love the look if the Kriss but unless you sbr it, I'm just not interested. I've came close to buying one a few times but then think that for half the price, I can buy a Glock, do the paperwork and buy a stock or drop-in kit, and have the same performance (and more expected reliability)
When comparing the two, it's apples & oranges, but would easily take the tavor over it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:58:57 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't own either, so no dog in the fight. I did however receive an email about the 9MM conversion for the Tavor. It has the KRISS beat there, aside from having multipul calibers. Your comparing apples to oranges, one is a bullpup rifle, the other is a handgun you could convert to SBR. The Tavor is already pretty compact, even more if you SBR it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 4:20:54 AM EDT
[#16]
I owned both. Now I only own the Tavor.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 5:44:12 AM EDT
[#17]

I wouldn't even give it a second thought. Tavor.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 5:50:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Since I already own a AUG, a MSAR, and a Bushmaster Bullpup, I would go with the Kriss.

But if I only have a couple guns, the Tavor would stay. Like said above, the Kriss is less capable and more of a range toy.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 7:40:08 AM EDT
[#19]

The only purpose a pistol caliber weapon is going to do - for my intended use.
Is get me to a rifle or shotgun.

Link Posted: 5/14/2014 7:45:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

A KRISS SBR with an Octane 45HD happens to be my bedside gun. 28 rounds in a gun that is hearing safe indoors. That's my reason for it being better than a Tavor.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 9:51:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Had a Tavor. Didn't like it as much as my MSAR E4, so I sold it. I've got a Kriss pistol coming in this week to SBR. We'll see how it does.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#22]
The Tavor didn't work out but I got an FS2000 instead.
Link Posted: 5/16/2014 7:35:49 PM EDT
[#23]
I'd take the Tavor all day. If i need a pistol caliber, I'd just put the 9mm conversion kit on.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 9:29:07 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I'd take the Tavor all day. If i need a pistol caliber, I'd just put the 9mm conversion kit on.
View Quote
+

this covers it

Link Posted: 5/21/2014 4:30:35 PM EDT
[#25]
only if the Kriss is a SBR!

IMG_5123
by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 6:16:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
only if the Kriss is a SBR!

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/kpiH9z" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7300/12734513325_dec472c21c_b.jpg</a>
IMG_5123
by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr
View Quote

Still rather have the Tavor, personally, having shot both.  Now if I could walk out with the suppressed post sample Kriss SMG I've shot at my SOT, then I might have a different opinion...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top