Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2014 6:06:38 AM EDT
Seriously considering making the Tavor my overall go-to, however spare parts would be a must.

Also, any info on what parts start to break/need replacing over time?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 6:13:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe IWI will have a link on their website soon that will allow us to purchase parts.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 7:34:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I believe IWI will have a link on their website soon that will allow us to purchase parts.
View Quote
This.  My understanding is that they were somewhat overwhelmed with the response to their rifles, and all parts are currently making rifles.  When they adapt to their current outflow of product, spare parts will assuredly hit shelves.  Historically, IWI has an excellend CS reputation, and it didn't get that way by accident.

Also, I'm not sure I've heard of anyone breaking any parts on them yet.  Which ones are you most concerned about, OP?  I get to pick mine up on Friday, so I'm in the "devour all information" stage

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 7:57:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:23:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree, the level of response/demand for the Tavor was probably unexpected by IWI.
20,000 rifles delivered, in just under a year is a huge undertaking - .

Give it time/patience. In reading other posts the customer service is
very good and IWI has been nothing but responsive should you
encounter a problem.

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#5]
There was a similar question on the Bullpup forum ref parts.  It has been reported the charging handle can break or need replaced.  Then the common parts like springs, extractors and maybe a firing pin.  I would think the trigger pack should last a long time unless there was a manufacturing defect.  Others wondered about replacement barrels.  Considering the Tavor barrel is hammer forged chrome lined I figure mine is good for 15,000 minimum.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 1:12:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Parts will be available soon. We've been promising the launch of our web store for months and now we're just a few days away. The store will have spare firing pins, springs, fire control packs and a "Survival Kit" that contains all the parts for the bolt and carrier. Bear with us, we're almost there!
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 1:42:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Parts will be available soon. We've been promising the launch of our web store for months and now we're just a few days away. The store will have spare firing pins, springs, fire control packs and a "Survival Kit" that contains all the parts for the bolt and carrier. Bear with us, we're almost there!
View Quote

Though i'm sure the barrels last a good while, are there plans in the future for spare barrels, charging handle, and the like? Thanks for hopping into this thread to comment and offer up info, by the way!
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 2:02:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Would love to be able to purchase an 18" or 20" spare barrel.  Hmmm.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:30:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nice to see IWI reading our threads and for the response.

Thanks Mr. K !
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:15:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now I'm just waiting for a Micro Tavor.....
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:29:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oustanding.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

You would probably have to send it back to get headspaced......like the left hand kit
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 1:51:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You would probably have to send it back to get headspaced......like the left hand kit
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or check it yourself….
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:20:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Will you do hats and such too? I already have one of your stickers on my car and my Styer hat needs a friend.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 1:09:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good deal, Michael!  The Tavor is a fine firearm.  I'll be one of the first to order the "Survival Kit", though it's not likely I'll need it.  The rifle is quite robust.

Link Posted: 5/23/2014 8:14:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Any update on this?
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 6:02:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

yes! Good deal thanks IWI you guys rock.. My Tavors thank you this was the last piece to their puzzle..the survival kit sounds awesome...once again you guys rock!
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 3:06:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Any update on this?
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 8:13:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Complete parts kit available for around $1800.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 8:06:16 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote
I see what you did there, and laughed accordingly

Link Posted: 6/7/2014 8:51:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

....and you get a magazine , cleaning kit & spare parts warranty card!
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 4:42:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually get two extra. What if you end up needing to replace a part twice.

I told my girlfriend that I needed an AUG because the parts are interchangeable with my AR and I might need the spare parts someday.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 4:46:12 AM EDT
[#24]
IWI , its June and I don't see any parts on your site.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top