Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2014 8:09:45 PM EDT
Not an MSAR, but an AUG A1 or A3 model. I'd like to get a suppressor sometime in the future for my A3. Wondering what my options are as far as replacement muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 9:17:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Not exactly what you're looking for but I used to run a surefire 212 on a MSAR gen 4.  I used the AUG threaded brake surefire makes and it ran just fine.  I do plan on suppressing and A2 or A3 in the semi near future and don't expect any issues.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 9:41:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not exactly what you're looking for but I used to run a surefire 212 on a MSAR gen 4.  I used the AUG threaded brake surefire makes and it ran just fine.  I do plan on suppressing and A2 or A3 in the semi near future and don't expect any issues.
View Quote

I thought MSAR used the the same threads the AR did? That's why I said that.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 9:48:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Nah my old gen 4 ran an Aug thread pattern.  I think they all did up till the E4 series but I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 10:29:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some of the e4s did. Originally I think the standard on the e4 was supposed to be ar threading but then things started going to hell, and they just started throwing the older barrels in aug threading on e4s so in the end most of them have aug threading if I recall correctly.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 12:12:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Hmm, appears the AUG is a 13x1 LH thread. So no go for AR muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 1:46:16 AM EDT
[#6]
AAC has a 51t mount with the correct thread.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 5:22:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 7:04:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Gemtech makes what they call their "bilock" flash hider / suppressor mount for the AUG.  I had one put on an A3 for my older Gemtech suppressor and it works great.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:06:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Unfortunately, due to the 13x1, I cannot run any on my AUG, without using a 1/2x28 adapter, since I do not have a surefire can, nor the new version 51t AAC can.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:08:53 AM EDT
[#10]
So does YHM:

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 9:24:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Where the hell did you find a YHM 13x1 QD  in stock!?!?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:23:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Surefire only sells them in batches of 100. At the time of my inquiry, no socom Aug hiders had been sold. A legacy hider would be too short for my application. So, I sent Marvin Pitts a HK Mp7 hider, he bored it out, rethreaded it, and pinned it to my 14" barrel. I can use my Socom-Sb, but it just doesn't index as it's a legacy hider.

BTW, autoweapons.com has legacy Aug hiders.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 2:46:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They do.  I run an M4-2000 on my A3 without issue.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
AAC has a 51t mount with the correct thread.

They do.  I run an M4-2000 on my A3 without issue.  

I do the same on my USR turned A2.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Surefire only sells them in batches of 100. At the time of my inquiry, no socom Aug hiders had been sold. A legacy hider would be too short for my application. So, I sent Marvin Pitts a HK Mp7 hider, he bored it out, rethreaded it, and pinned it to my 14" barrel. I can use my Socom-Sb, but it just doesn't index as it's a legacy hider.

http://hkbeltfed.com/images/aug.jpg

View Quote

Is that  a factory 14" barrel?  How does it run?
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#15]
It's a factory 14". I don't know how it runs. I recently got it back from Marvin and haven't shot it yet. Will soon!
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 8:06:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I run a YHM Phantom on my A2 and it runs fine...

Gas in the face is hardly noticeable to me.....

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:55:01 PM EDT
[#17]
When I had an A3 it wore a Gemtech G5 Halo. (It's not the lastest G5) Bought the Quickmount 13mm adapter.  It ran about 100 or so rounds of brass and steel without issue on the standard setting. Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:56:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://hkbeltfed.com/images/aug.jpg

14" barrels run great. especially on full auto
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 12:54:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
When I had an A3 it wore a Gemtech G5 Halo. (It's not the lastest G5) Bought the Quickmount 13mm adapter.  It ran about 100 or so rounds of brass and steel without issue on the standard setting. Good luck.
View Quote

Might look into a Gemtech suppressor when I get ready to FO on a suppressor. It appears that they have adapters specifically for 13x1LH Steyr AUG barrels. They have 37 in stock at this moment.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 2:16:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Might look into a Gemtech suppressor when I get ready to FO on a suppressor. It appears that they have adapters specifically for 13x1LH Steyr AUG barrels. They have 37 in stock at this moment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The retention mechanism that is spring loaded impressed me.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:28:17 AM EDT
[#21]
I shot mine today. It's a factory 14" barrel with a pinned Surefire legacy flash hider and a Socom-sb suppressor. It's made for short barrels (sb), less than 10" and has a larger bore. I ran it in the normal gas setting, using AE223 ammo. It ejected at 5-6:00 without the suppressor and 2:00 with the suppressor. Is this typical? Note the flames coming out the piston port. Sorry, it's an indoor range...

http://www.hkbeltfed.com/aug1.m4v
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:13:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:http://www.hkbeltfed.com/aug1.m4v
View Quote

Can someone make this link hot?

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:43:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 2:05:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Advanced armament all the way.. Qd flash hider.. Can runs like a champ.. Two thumbs up from the Wyoming crowd..
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 12:46:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't have an AUG but I do have an MSAR E4 that I run suppressed all the time.  I picked up a spare barrel and dedicated an AAC Ranger (thread on) suppressor to it.  Now I can switch between suppressed and non-suppressed in a matter of seconds.  The suppressor works very well and I much prefer a suppressed bullpup over the AR platform as I am left handed and get no gas in the face with the MSAR but a lot of gas in the face from my AR's.

MadDog

Link Posted: 5/3/2014 8:04:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

goood to hear. I have a gemtech quicksand coming in that I'll put on the quickmounts.
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I shot mine today. It's a factory 14" barrel with a pinned Surefire legacy flash hider and a Socom-sb suppressor. It's made for short barrels (sb), less than 10" and has a larger bore. I ran it in the normal gas setting, using AE223 ammo. It ejected at 5-6:00 without the suppressor and 2:00 with the suppressor. Is this typical? Note the flames coming out the piston port. Sorry, it's an indoor range...

http://www.hkbeltfed.com/aug1.m4v
View Quote

OMg, you're going to make me broke!
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#28]
I know my last video sucked. This one is better. It's at an outdoor range, unsuppressed, suppressed with the same gas position, and suppressed gas off.

Again, it's a factory 14" barrel with a pinned Surefire legacy flash hider and a Socom-sb suppressor (made for >10" barrels).

Gas off seemed a lot quieter to me while shooting, but less so on the video. Note, first round pop with suppressor mounted.

http://www.hkbeltfed.com/aug2.m4v
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top