BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 6:02:15 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Best bet for a locked breech is still the MP5 or MKE. If they weren't so expensive, one could adapt that receiver into a bullpup since there isn't anything in the stock.
View Quote
THAT would be revolutionary, as well as plain old awesome.

Blowback bullpup with glock mags?  May as well keep waiting for a Kel Tec sub2k.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 6:12:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Blowback bullpup with glock mags?  May as well keep waiting for a Kel Tec sub2k.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Best bet for a locked breech is still the MP5 or MKE. If they weren't so expensive, one could adapt that receiver into a bullpup since there isn't anything in the stock.

If Keltec works for you, go for it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:34:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey, a bullpup that takes Glock mags is pretty cool, even if's straight blowback. If it's coming in at $1000-$1100, that's a winner in my book. Where are all these $1k bullpup PCCs that some people are implying are floating around? Damned if I saw any.

Past those two things, I'd mostly be interested in weight distribution and ergos. The Tavor nailed those two things (esp the mag release and selector), so I hope the GKT bullpup takes a hint from the Tavor..
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:40:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hey, a bullpup that takes Glock mags is pretty cool, even if's straight blowback. If it's coming in at $1000-$1100, that's a winner in my book.

Past those two things, I'd mostly be interested in weight distribution and ergos. The Tavor nailed those two things (esp the mag release and selector), so I hope the GKT bullpup takes a hint from the Tavor..
View Quote

The Tavor needs a forward AR-location mag release, IMO, and it got one in the new X95...
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 1:02:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I actually like the lever on the Tavor quite a lot, but I was also trained to positively extract mags, not just let them fall free.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:13:08 AM EDT
[#6]
multicaliber modularity in one platform/receiver would be a giant leap forward, esp. if it supports pistol caliber (9/40/45) and .223/5.56 and .30 cal.

AR could do it with modular magwell.

Quoted:
Glock mags alone does not a "giant leap in the evolution" make it.  Now if it's fully-locked breech ala SIG MPX, and takes Glock mags I will rip my pants pulling out my wallet!!!!  9mm AUG and 9mm Tavor mean "yet another blowback 9mm bullpup" better be competing on price...  IMNSHO at least.

Be interesting to watch though
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:28:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
multicaliber modularity in one platform/receiver would be a giant leap forward, esp. if it supports pistol caliber (9/40/45) and .223/5.56 and .30 cal.
View Quote

Given that AUG has had 5.56/9mm modularity for umpteen years now I wouldn't call that a giant leap either.  Actually having more than 1 rifle and 1 pistol caliber would certainly be an incremental improvement, but "giant leap" implies an all-new technology to me.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:17:22 PM EDT
[#8]
there's very few platform which uses the same receiver for 223 and 30 cal.

AUG uses 22LR/9 with 223 but not 30 cal.

Quoted:

Given that AUG has had 5.56/9mm modularity for umpteen years now I wouldn't call that a giant leap either.  Actually having more than 1 rifle and 1 pistol caliber would certainly be an incremental improvement, but "giant leap" implies an all-new technology to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:27:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yes - close in the neighborhood.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If it's reliable, lightweight, takes G19 mags and under $1k I'd be seriously interested.

As is, I'm interested enough to keep tabs on this.

I think you'll be pleased.

Are you associated with the company being linked to?

Your sigline contradicts your pimping promotion of said mystery product.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 3:59:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If it's reliable, lightweight, takes G19 mags and under $1k I'd be seriously interested.

As is, I'm interested enough to keep tabs on this.

I think you'll be pleased.

Are you associated with the company being linked to?

?
Not sure what you mean.
Signature line is referencing all the "size" trumps all people. Proper Shot placement with a small caliber is more important than poor shot placement with a large one.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:11:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 5:04:42 AM EDT
[#12]
If its lightweight I'm interested. i just got a g19 so mag compatibility be awesome.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:55:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Not a locked breech carbine.   Otherwise price point would be well over 1k.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glock mags alone does not a "giant leap in the evolution" make it.  Now if it's fully-locked breech ala SIG MPX, and takes Glock mags I will rip my pants pulling out my wallet!!!!  9mm AUG and 9mm Tavor mean "yet another blowback 9mm bullpup" better be competing on price...  IMNSHO at least.

This. If it's just another blowback action, it won't be much in the way of revolutionary.

This.

Please don't be blowback.   Blowback is easy, but it sucks.   Please be some form of locked breech.

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. If it's just another blowback action, it won't be much in the way of revolutionary.

This.

Please don't be blowback.   Blowback is easy, but it sucks.   Please be some form of locked breech.

You may still like it however.  I cannot divulge anything else about it.... For now.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 2:07:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You may still like it however.  I cannot divulge anything else about it.... For now.
View Quote

Any way to say how long until "now" is "now"  Not anything firm mind you, just a guess would be sweet.

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 2:36:13 PM EDT
[#16]
I've been wanting to add a bullpup as well as a PCC that takes Glock mags to the collection for a while. Consider this an ost.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:57:31 AM EDT
[#17]
For a PCC I'd like to recommend the JRC but since I haven't shot mine I'll hold off but I hope to get out with it this week and post up in the PCC forum.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:39:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I've been wanting to add a bullpup as well as a PCC that takes Glock mags to the collection for a while. Consider this an ost.
View Quote

You'll  be in luck. ;)

No time estimates I'm told.  It is on the front burner however.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 7:39:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Any way to say how long until "now" is "now"  Not anything firm mind you, just a guess would be sweet.

http://youtu.be/5hH_K2Z0NO0
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/5hH_K2Z0NO0

No specifics but they hope to be up in running within a year at the longest.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 3:14:14 PM EDT
[#20]
92 MAGS!!
They are cheap and capacity from 10-30 rounds and I have a bunch.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 5:17:54 AM EDT
[#21]
This be interesting if it is LW, A lightweight 9mm bullbup that takes glock mags be pretty neat. If its a bloated pig not as much.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#22]
No eta? no pics? Why not start this thread when you have something real to talk about?
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 1:10:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
No eta? no pics? Why not start this thread when you have something real to talk about?
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 2:45:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

So, the OP claims he has no association with the company, but then keeps on going on about his 'inside information,' so to speak, and 'that's all I can say.'
Aren't there some rules about advertising here?

A year out, by someone saying he's unassociated, yet somehow speaking, or leaking, info about something that far out.  
Yeah, I'd rather just have someone that is from the company make a post once it's available; until then, it's just pointless, IMO...
Have these guys actually produced a quality, known firearm, or are we waiting to see another MSAR epic from the start?

Link Posted: 5/23/2014 3:33:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

So, the OP claims he has no association with the company, but then keeps on going on about his 'inside information,' so to speak, and 'that's all I can say.'

A year out, by someone saying he's unassociated, yet somehow speaking, or leaking, info about something that far out.  
Yeah, I'd rather just have someone that is from the company make a post once it's available; until then, it's just pointless, IMO...
Have these guys actually produced a quality, known firearm, or are we waiting to see another MSAR epic from the start?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess you'll have to just wait and see now. ;)
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 3:34:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
92 MAGS!!
View Quote

I will pass it along.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 3:35:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This be interesting if it is LW, A lightweight 9mm bullbup that takes glock mags be pretty neat. If its a bloated pig not as much.
View Quote

I am thinking you'll be pleasantly surprised.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 5:09:25 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Another safe thread?  Or maybe he has a revolutionairy ejection port door that he also can't tell us about yet....

Instead we have another "revolutionary" blowback PCC (Neva been dun befo').  But he's obviously not a company shill with limits on his free marketing disclosure.... .  He just obviously knows what's under the blanket in the OP.
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 4:49:38 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

92 MAGS!!

View Quote
That's what the Storms are for-we need something to fill in what MSAR choked out on 4 years ago with their debacle. I still have 6 G18 mags and no PCC to go with it-will have to tag this one too, see if these guys have more stones than Tony.

Link Posted: 5/24/2014 11:09:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Design or process patents?  have any of yours gone to pending status yet?  Provisional?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am told that once the patent process is finished an unveiling will happen.

In that case, hang out for 4-5 years because the USPTO is waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy behind.  I've got filings 3-4 years old which haven't issued yet.

Design or process patents?  have any of yours gone to pending status yet?  Provisional?

Actually method or design. Once you have an application filed you can put the product on the market. Waiting for the patent to be granted is not a valid statement.   Your application used to be kept private so that no one knew what you were patenting. Sometimes that can still be the case. Your advantage in the past was that you could be on the market with your product and no one would mess with you because your product had "patent pending" or "patent applied for" on the item. You wanted the patent to be granted but time was your friend. If you didn't get the patent. You product had been in the market place for 4-5 years.

Link Posted: 5/25/2014 6:57:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, well, I'll just leave this here
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 2:37:31 PM EDT
[#32]
The suspense is killing me.

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/1/2014 11:36:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
That's what the Storms are for-we need something to fill in what MSAR choked out on 4 years ago with their debacle. I still have 6 G18 mags and no PCC to go with it-will have to tag this one too, see if these guys have more stones than Tony.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
92 MAGS!!

After I found the JRC I started buying g18 mags myself. Haven't shot it yet, so though.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 2:08:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Actually method or design. Once you have an application filed you can put the product on the market. Waiting for the patent to be granted is not a valid statement.   Your application used to be kept private so that no one knew what you were patenting. Sometimes that can still be the case. Your advantage in the past was that you could be on the market with your product and no one would mess with you because your product had "patent pending" or "patent applied for" on the item. You wanted the patent to be granted but time was your friend. If you didn't get the patent. You product had been in the market place for 4-5 years.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am told that once the patent process is finished an unveiling will happen.

In that case, hang out for 4-5 years because the USPTO is waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy behind.  I've got filings 3-4 years old which haven't issued yet.

Yes, that is the plan for it, however they are still in process of putting the patent together.
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 2:10:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

;)
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 7:34:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

;)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

;)

Unless you are adding content, please don't bump this thread with stupid "I know something you don't know posts."

I'm interested in your project, and I would like to know more.   But wasting my time with gradeschool BS doesn't make me feel like you are representing a "professional" company.    And if you aren't a "paid representative" as you claim, you are tarnishing their image by behaving like one.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 9:30:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Unless you are adding content, please don't bump this thread with stupid "I know something you don't know posts."

I'm interested in your project, and I would like to know more.   But wasting my time with gradeschool BS doesn't make me feel like you are representing a "professional" company.    And if you aren't a "paid representative" as you claim, you are tarnishing their image by behaving like one.
View Quote

Spot on. This thread reeks of shilling and makes me want to avoid the product in question.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 4:27:29 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

lol. Ok. Are you the post content police now? lol
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 4:28:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Spot on. This thread reeks of shilling and makes me want to avoid the product in question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not email them with your questions and statements then.  Not "shilling" anything.  Just happy to see something new and promising coming forward.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 4:37:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Was intrigued on page 1, kinda interested on page 2 , bored of the shenanigans on page 3 and don't give a flying f*ck on page 4.

This could be as epic as Buewolf!
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 7:54:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Why not email them with your questions and statements then.  Not "shilling" anything.  Just happy to see something new and promising coming forward.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only problem is nothing "new and promising" is coming forward.  All we have is a picture of a few Glock mags and butt pad and A2 flash hider peeking out from under a sheet.  Until we can see an actual firearm......................................it doesn't exist.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 8:07:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#43]
I have sent emails as well which have gone unanswered.  Makes me wonder.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
They have not responded to the emails we have sent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They have not responded to the emails we have sent.
Maybe they'll call you out as a poser, just like the last BeowulfX thread.

Because obviously their revolutionary product is "mo betta" than the number of yours that're actually backed up by a reputable company.    

Link Posted: 6/14/2014 9:53:33 AM EDT
[#45]
While I'm sure this imaginary firearm is cool, I'd rather have a lightsaber, phaser, or phased plasma rifle in a 40 watt range.

And a unicorn, or He-man's Battle Cat!

Edited to add....that is a sexy black towel though, where can I get one of those?
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 6:56:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Eh, reported as spamvertising in violation of the advertising policy.  
If it smells like a shill, talks like a shill..it's probably a shill.  
Stand by, however - will create a new thread using the same logic...

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How'd that turn out?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top