That was my initial reaction
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
A day late with this one?

Well. I was not here yesterday, so am I looking at a Tavor that runs Glock mags or is someone making a new BP that runs them? What gives?
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 1:35:29 PM EDT
[#4]
This has my full attention.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 1:45:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well. I was not here yesterday, so am I looking at a Tavor that runs Glock mags or is someone making a new BP that runs them? What gives?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A day late with this one?

It's a Tavor of some flavor.  The buttsock angles give that away, as do the folds' strategic locations at the exact same point as the pistol grip on the Tavor.

Could be a variety of the micro-tavor, though....i'm not sure how they'd fandangle that magwell to work with Glock mags.

Link Posted: 4/2/2014 2:30:16 PM EDT
[#6]
It's not a micro tavor because the company isn't IWI.

It isn't a tavor because there is not a buttstock take down pin in their picture.

If it were a tavor, which I don't believe it is, the bolt would have to be modified to ride over the magazine. The other problem would be how the heck do you release the magazines if it were a tavor.

Now that I am firmly convinced it is not a tavor, nor a tavor conversion kit, it seems someone is about sell a truckload of these IF it is a quality product.

Put me on the top of that list!
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 2:34:09 PM EDT
[#7]
The height over bore is pretty substantial (not that it is going to matter with what I assume is 9mm).
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 2:40:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I can assure you it is not a Tavor.  Tavor distributors would know about it before it showed up on a new Facebook page with no other info. It's just not how IWI rolls.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 4:20:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Its the Glock BP9    
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 4:44:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Glock 9mm BP.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 4:58:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I can't be the only one to remember Ratworx saying the MSAR PCC "Is going to happen"    
Well here you go.  I hope all you optimist on the pre-order list have your money ready to send.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 4:59:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I can't find anything
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 5:00:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 5:04:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Look how big the flash hider is compared to everything else in the picture...

april fools?
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#15]
www.gktac.com is the company website.  Not an april fools joke.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I can't be the only one to remember Ratworx saying the MSAR PCC "Is going to happen"    
Well here you go.  I hope all you optimist on the pre-order list have your money ready to send.
View Quote

RatWorx saw this for the first time today as well.  The gun under the blanket does seem "familiar" at first glance.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Glock mags alone does not a "giant leap in the evolution" make it.  Now if it's fully-locked breech ala SIG MPX, and takes Glock mags I will rip my pants pulling out my wallet!!!!  9mm AUG and 9mm Tavor mean "yet another blowback 9mm bullpup" better be competing on price...  IMNSHO at least.

Be interesting to watch though
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 10:49:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Glock mags alone does not a "giant leap in the evolution" make it.  Now if it's fully-locked breech ala SIG MPX, and takes Glock mags I will rip my pants pulling out my wallet!!!!  9mm AUG and 9mm Tavor mean "yet another blowback 9mm bullpup" better be competing on price...  IMNSHO at least.

View Quote

This. If it's just another blowback action, it won't be much in the way of revolutionary.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 2:43:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Agreed that price point, performance and compactness in a PCC will make or break it's usefullness and sales. While I love the AUG platform for 5.56 I have never liked the idea of it in 9mm. Not enough bang for the weight or the buck. While I know that I am speaking heresy (it's not a bullpup), but if you can find a Kel Tek Sub2K (even with the inflated prices) it will probably still be price competitive with this new carbine and meet realistic expectations of a PCC.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 4:33:34 AM EDT
[#20]
If it's reliable, lightweight, takes G19 mags and under $1k I'd be seriously interested.

As is, I'm interested enough to keep tabs on this.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Who is this they that have a facebook page?
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 1:09:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Ok my guesses,
MSAR .9MM
High Tower said a while back in a post or an email that a PCBP maybe in the future.

Ok last but not least...............

MAGPUL!
This is where I'm putting my money.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 2:36:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

MAGPUL!
View Quote

So they can dick us over again like they did with the Masada?  
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 2:53:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

MAGPUL!

Don't you mean "so they can sell it to Freedom Group, who will dick us over again like they did with the mysterious weight- and cost-gaining, capability-losing ACR?"

Link Posted: 4/3/2014 6:28:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MAGPUL!

Would you, of all people, prefer it to be an MSAR?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 4:48:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If it's reliable, lightweight, takes G19 mags and under $1k I'd be seriously interested.

View Quote

I think you'll be pleased.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 4:49:50 AM EDT
[#27]
The company is GK Tactical.  The product is a stand alone product.  I am told that once the patent process is finished an unveiling will happen. I think you all will be quite pleased.

There is an email address on the website and facebook page for information:  [email protected]

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:25:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I am told that once the patent process is finished an unveiling will happen.
View Quote

In that case, hang out for 4-5 years because the USPTO is waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy behind.  I've got filings 3-4 years old which haven't issued yet.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:54:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

In that case, hang out for 4-5 years because the USPTO is waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy behind.  I've got filings 3-4 years old which haven't issued yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am told that once the patent process is finished an unveiling will happen.

Design or process patents?  have any of yours gone to pending status yet?  Provisional?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:45:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MAGPUL!

LOL!  Hell no!
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:48:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Don't you mean "so they can sell it to Freedom Group, who will dick us over again like they did with the mysterious weight- and cost-gaining, capability-losing ACR?"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MAGPUL!

No, I'm pretty sure I meant what I wrote.  Anyone with half a brain knew that Bushmaster had "issues" bringing to market designs they licensed or bought, so generating the insane amount of hype when it was the "Magpul Masada", giving a target price and release window and then selling it to BFI is in my mind, dicking us over.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 8:44:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you associated with the company being linked to?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 10:34:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This. If it's just another blowback action, it won't be much in the way of revolutionary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Please don't be blowback.   Blowback is easy, but it sucks.   Please be some form of locked breech.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:19:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please let us know?  Louisiana?  Red Jacket connection?  At least  confirm or deny.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 8:04:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Please let us know?  Louisiana?  Red Jacket connection?  At least  confirm or deny.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't an ex RJ employee saying he would be making a bullpup? This was here???
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 4:41:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The suspense is killing me!!!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 6:32:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Design or process patents?  have any of yours gone to pending status yet?  Provisional?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I assume you mean design or utility:
http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/ac/ido/oeip/taf/patdesc.htm

Mine are all utility, couple dozen already issued, looking back I do believe there are a few still in process but since they're with a former employer I probably won't know anything until they actually issue.  In any case it's typically 3-5 years from filing to issuance and can be a lot longer if you get an examiner who either doesn't understand your filing or takes issue with it.  My employer decided not to fight for one where the examiner just was NOT getting the distinction between my concept and an existing patent (despite them being quite differentiable to even a layman), and I think that was 5-6 years before we gave up.  (Still bugs me as there are now a ton of products on the market which would have been covered by my idea.)

Feel free to PM if you have questions as I think we're heading afield of this thread :)  

Richard
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 11:01:47 AM EDT
[#38]
As long as it's not one of those "rifles" that uses a Glock (or whichever) pistol inserted into its frame to make it a firearm. But I guess that wouldn't qualify as a bullpup.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 5:00:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No connection other than being in the Bayou State too. ;)
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 5:01:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Mine are all utility, couple dozen already issued, looking back I do believe there are a few still in process but since they're with a former employer I probably won't know anything until they actually issue.  In any case it's typically 3-5 years from filing to issuance and can be a lot longer if you get an examiner who either doesn't understand your filing or takes issue with it.  My employer decided not to fight for one where the examiner just was NOT getting the distinction between my concept and an existing patent (despite them being quite differentiable to even a layman), and I think that was 5-6 years before we gave up.  (Still bugs me as there are now a ton of products on the market which would have been covered by my idea.)

Feel free to PM if you have questions as I think we're heading afield of this thread :)  

Richard
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Richard

No problem.  ;)
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 5:01:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
As long as it's not one of those "rifles" that uses a Glock (or whichever) pistol inserted into its frame to make it a firearm. But I guess that wouldn't qualify as a bullpup.
View Quote

No, it's a standalone product.  Not a conversion "kit" or anything of the like.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 5:02:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know anything about that, but I can tell you GK Tactical is not affiliated with anyone from RJF.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 5:03:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

This.

Please don't be blowback.   Blowback is easy, but it sucks.   Please be some form of locked breech.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Not a locked breech carbine.   Otherwise price point would be well over 1k.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 5:04:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes - close in the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 9:47:01 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

So....in that case it's just another bullpup PCC. But it takes Glock mags.

How is that a giant leap?  Unless it will be available in quantity, which is a leap that no PCC manufacturer ever seems to make.....
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:12:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

How is that a giant leap?  Unless it will be available in quantity, which is a leap that no PCC manufacturer ever seems to make.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

You'll have to wait to find out. ;)
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:23:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

How about the use of Beretta 92 mags?
Like how the CX4 can change magwell to accommodate different mags.
I have many of these mags.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
[Not a locked breech carbine.   Otherwise price point would be well over 1k.
View Quote

so?  Marlin Camp carbine, Ruger PC, Beretta CX4, Keltec Sub-2000, Steyr AUG 9mm, CMMG, DDLES, LWD, the list goes on and on of blowback pistol caliber carbines.  I wish any firearms endeavor good luck, but I can't imagine what they'd offer in blowback that would take my money.  Steyr's there with a bullpup already with a huge lead in availability and an established reputation.  

We ban states folks are hampered by magazine limitations, but the Sig MPX will be "well over 1k" and I don't expect that will hamper their sales at all.  If I could run Uzi/Colt or Beretta or Glock or Ruger or AUG 9mm mags in an MPX I'd be trampling little old ladies to get one.  I've wanted a locked breech 9mm carbine ever since getting my Marlin Camp 9 ages ago.

Anyway, as I said quite sincerely, best of luck!

Richard
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 1:17:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Best bet for a locked breech is still the MP5 or MKE. If they weren't so expensive, one could adapt that receiver into a bullpup since there isn't anything in the stock.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 3:45:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Best bet for a locked breech is still the MP5 or MKE. If they weren't so expensive, one could adapt that receiver into a bullpup since there isn't anything in the stock.
View Quote

I did a little Solidworks tinkering a while back on an HK G11 style bullpup that would take GG mags parallel to the barrel, above or below.
There are some complexities with the feeding, but it can be done, and it would be super compact without the footlong mag sticking out the bottom.
It could be adapted to other calibers with stick mags as well.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top