Link To This Post
Posted: 10/3/2013 4:48:13 PM
[Last Edit: 10/3/2013 4:54:15 PM by rtpguy]
Videos:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnldR5yShV4 [/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GZSPSzKsKI[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GZSPSzKsKI[/youtube]

Nice, video embed fail.
ETA - Ahh, I see, have to pays $$ to be able to share videos.
If someone wants to copy/paste the 3 vids for the OP, just grab, copy/paste from above..

rsolomon
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 10/3/2013 4:58:36 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Jason7001:
Feels smooth and it’s not to long. My wife likes it as well.

Nominated for post of the day in the taken-out-of-context category
FiveO
Intergalactic JBT.
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2013 4:00:50 PM
How much thickness does it add? Does it feel bulky? Could you show a good top and bottom shot by chance?
Visit ODMP.ORG

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." ~Abraham Lincoln
AR18
The original 5.56 gas piston gearhead.
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2013 5:56:43 PM
IM sent FiveO.

The thickness is not that bad. Because of the nylon construction it looks on the chunky side. It has more of a persception feel of being heavy.
Cleaning is optional. Lube is not.
First solider: "Do you know which wire to cut?"
Second solider: "All I see is two grey wires."
Hawaiian by birth. A Southern gentleman. What else could be better!
czechsix
why, oh why GOD WAS I BORN IN CALIFORNIA
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2013 9:16:44 PM
How easy are reloads? How easy to clear malfunctions?
Freedom is not free. Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.
TEAM RANSTAD
AR18
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/6/2013 3:23:16 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By czechsix:
How easy are reloads? How easy to clear malfunctions?

The reloads are not that bad. Just practice and I got couple smooth ways of loading. Either I have the shotgun flipped over and have the loading gate up for a strong side reload. Or I do with my left hand slight upward tilt of he shotgun to load from the underside.

Malfunctions. The only mafunction I did was a jammed up the action by having another dummy round on the loading gate. I screwed up and tried to do the motar clearance drill. The problem was that I did I used the VFG and the off axis stress caused one of the handguard screw point break.

The owner of Bullpup Unlimited ask how I managed to break this part when I ask for help in replacing this part. I told him what happened and I could had done it better if I just pumped the shotgun normally without the VFG in place. It would had cleared the jam without breaking that part.

The cool thing about the phone call. I exchange some ideas and feedback with him on stock and asked if the design was based on the Mossberg 500 bullpup. He answered it is based off that stock with improvements.
RONIN_45acp
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/22/2013 11:57:07 PM
New guy here!

I was wondering if there were any mods that need to be made to the Bullpup case if using the Hawk 981R, or vice-versa.

Thanks!
AR18
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2013 1:14:04 AM
There may be some minor fitting issuse. Try look on page one for the guy managed to put one in the bullpup stock.
RONIN_45acp
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/23/2013 5:00:37 AM
[Last Edit: 12/23/2013 5:03:56 AM by RONIN_45acp]
Yeah, I read that, which lead me to my post. He really didn't go into detail about so I was hoping for more info. I would have sent him a PM, but he hasn't been on since Sept ;)
ShadowNose
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/19/2014 4:51:53 PM
I wanted my first post on here to be a new thread, but this exists.

I also have this kit, and quite enjoy it. Even with an 18" barrel, using a red dot to shoot skeet is almost cheating.
Only down sides are no built in sights, hard to mount a sling on, and nearly impossible to get ammo on the gun.
But an ammo belt fixes one problem, cheap but effective red dots fix another. Have yet to fix the sling problem.

IMHO It's a great setup. One of the best improvements for the 870, and at nearly half the cost of a KSG. It's tactical and useful.

I still have yet to have any of the FTE that I saw so prevalent online. I believe there was some propaganda in that video...
simply_green
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/21/2014 1:37:55 AM
I picked up an 870 just to use this kit. Did you get yours from Bullpup Unlimited or another vendor? Buds has one for about $50 less but then I remembered reading that BU made some improvements to the fit and a newer more resilient polymer. Did you have any issues with the trigger linkage?
Castillo
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/21/2014 7:50:26 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By RONIN_45acp:
New guy here!

I was wondering if there were any mods that need to be made to the Bullpup case if using the Hawk 981R, or vice-versa.

Thanks!

None. My brother did one with a interstate 870 clone, no problems at all.
Bretshooter
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/22/2014 12:02:33 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By ShadowNose:
Only down sides are no built in sights, hard to mount a sling on, and nearly impossible to get ammo on the gun.

Why not screw one of the available multi shell holders to the side of the stock?
JRCmx
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/22/2014 9:36:46 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Bretshooter:
Originally Posted By ShadowNose:

Why not screw one of the available multi shell holders to the side of the stock?

I saw a 20" 870 with a mag extension that came out past the chassis. I think you could install a sling mount on the end of mag and barrel and get a fwd mounting point there.
I have also seen shell carriers mounted on the top rail.
Veracity
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/22/2014 4:37:54 PM
Guys,

I'm glad this thread is here.

Due to some nasty new laws here in NY, I've had to expand my horizons and gather up a deeper selection of firearms. Just bought an Interstate Arms 870 clone.

My nephew showed me a video of this kit and I was pretty interested.

Here's the thing:

Have any of you had any trouble with failures to eject/extract?

There's a Youtube vid of this kit being tested...and they experience a crazy amount of ejection problems. They then returned the 870 to its stock configuration, and there were no problems.

Thoughts?
"To find out who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

Voltaire
Castillo
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/22/2014 5:04:04 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Veracity:
Guys,

Due to some nasty new laws here in NY, I've had to expand my horizons and gather up a deeper selection of firearms. Just bought an Interstate Arms 870 clone.

Here's the thing:

There's a Youtube vid of this kit being tested...and they experience a crazy amount of ejection problems. They then returned the 870 to its stock configuration, and there were no problems.

Thoughts?

It's prone to short stroking, but it seems like a lot of bullpup shotguns are. Getting used to it and getting it broken in I am sure will help to fix this.
Veracity
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/22/2014 7:49:11 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Castillo:
Originally Posted By Veracity:
Guys,

Here's the thing:

Thoughts?

It's prone to short stroking, but it seems like a lot of bullpup shotguns are. Getting used to it and getting it broken in I am sure will help to fix this.

I'm new to shotguns.....

Is short stroking due to the firearm or operator error?
"To find out who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

Voltaire
Kali_Refugee
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/22/2014 10:09:49 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Veracity:
Originally Posted By Castillo:
Guys,

Here's the thing:

Thoughts?

I'm new to shotguns.....

Operator. It means they aren't working the pump hard enough. Sorta like a semi auto that isnt getting enough gas except the operator is the gas .
Castillo
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/22/2014 11:59:02 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By Kali_Refugee:
Originally Posted By Castillo:
Guys,

Here's the thing:

Thoughts?

I'm new to shotguns.....

Operator. It means they aren't working the pump hard enough. Sorta like a semi auto that isnt getting enough gas except the operator is the gas .

Yep. Operator error. However a gun can be harder or easier to pump based on the smoothness of the action.
TEOTWAWKI
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/23/2014 10:23:53 PM
Does anyone know if you can install a different forend like a Surefire on one of these conversion kits?
NRA, GOA (Life), SAF, NYSRPA (Life), SCOPE (Life)
Castillo
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/24/2014 7:47:52 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By TEOTWAWKI:
Does anyone know if you can install a different forend like a Surefire on one of these conversion kits?

No
simply_green
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/24/2014 10:01:40 AM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By simply_green:
I picked up an 870 just to use this kit. Did you get yours from Bullpup Unlimited or another vendor? Buds has one for about $50 less but then I remembered reading that BU made some improvements to the fit and a newer more resilient polymer. Did you have any issues with the trigger linkage?

I went ahead and ordered from BU direct. I figured that whatever they send me would be the latest generation, plus thus way I'll have access to tech support and a warranty without a middleman.
MARINEORDIE
Put your face on auto slap!
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/25/2014 7:10:48 PM
Got mine the other day. Now what sling adapter will work with this thing?
NRA Life Member since 1994
USMC Distinguished Pistol Shot 1997
IYAOYAS

"HAVING GUNS AND AMMO IS A BIT LIKE HAVING TANGIBLE STOCKS" Me
AR18
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 1/25/2014 10:43:06 PM
[Jump To Reply]Originally Posted By MARINEORDIE:
Got mine the other day. Now what sling adapter will work with this thing?

It is hard to say which sling adapter that will work with the system. I would ask which sling that will work with the shotgun.

The main problem is the rear mass. For me, I am used to using 3 point slings systems. I have not done my rear sling adaptor project for my bullpup yet. It is not a hard thing. Just a lot of nylon and buckles.
Page:  / 2
Next Page