Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/1/2012 1:24:21 PM EDT
[#1]
yes, twigs, branches, snakes, acorns, forks, welding rods, coins, pocket lint...and many other things can potentially jam into the tiny slots and jam up the spring loaded rounds.  so, please don't buy these ridiculous so-called "tacticool" shotguns.  

leaves more of a chance for me to pick one up
Link Posted: 6/1/2012 4:04:09 PM EDT
[#2]
i think i'll stick with my M-1 or my 590
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 7:33:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 4:06:58 AM EDT
[#4]
The GB auction for UTS-15 is back up.
25 shotguns are available.

Link Posted: 6/3/2012 7:02:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Nice pics - how are you liking it so far?

Dont get mine for about another 2 weeks.

cant wait.

comes with flip up sights, and the breaching choke.

Light and laser not ready yet.  Should be a couple of months Im told and the price is expected to be under $200.

I will be getting that when its available.
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 12:20:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/3/2012 2:25:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Atlantic Firearms will be a distributor for these shotguns and will be doing a You Tube video review in the next few weeks we will post it here for further info on this new product .

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/data/default/images/catalog/large/UTS15.jpg
Do you know if UTAS Is planning on continuing the Direct sales via GB?
Or will they be transitioning over to a traditional distribution chain model with the UTS-15 being sold through LGS?

Link Posted: 6/19/2012 1:45:35 AM EDT
[#8]
this just in from BULLPUP Forum

Here's the response from Ted:

The UTS-15 does have an open magazine tube at present, but we’re already working on tooling to enclose it. But first let me explain the evolution of the magazine loading system on the UTS-15.

Originally, we were going to have tip up magazines that could be loaded from the rear. However, with controlled feed, shell release gates it was impossible to load the mag tubes from the end and  tip-up tubes with an incorporated top rail for sights would be a poor design as well. Consequently, we designed loading port doors so shell could be loaded in front of the shell feed gates, but that in turn required us to design the follower with the spring plunger, so that adequate spring force could be exerted on the last shell out of the mag tube during cycling. So, to load the magazines, the magazine followers had to be moved out of the way in some manner. The original design had handles on the magazine followers which allowed then to be run to the forward end of the magazine and rotated down into a cut in the magazine tube to secure them, with the additional benefit of  allowing for the numbered cartridge counter system on the side covers. This system allowed shells to be loaded very quickly, however if a follower was released accidently with the magazine spring fully compressed it could damage the monobloc or perhaps even break a finger. A new solution was devised where a spring loaded shell stop mounted in the monobloc extended into the magazine tube when the loading port door was opened and extracted when the door is closed. This new system allowed the UTS-15 to be loaded much like any other shotgun and the handle on the follower to be removed. However, the base of the handle was left in place to act as a stop to keep the mag follower from running clear out following the last shell; this in turn left the slot in the magazine tube and the cartridge counter element in place. The open slot in the magazine did not concern us to begin with because the UTS-15 was originally designed for police use in a urban setting and we liked the cartridge counter element. However, international feedback from such folks as the Kuwait Special Forces and concerns from other countries as well, has caused us to work on a solution that would completely enclose the magazine tube, but also keep the cartridge counter element as well.  

To enclose the magazine tube but still allow for a magazine follower that stopped at the monobloc and provide some way to keep count of the number of remaining shells in the tube, called for an innovative solution. That solution turned out to be magazine tubes of a clear polymer with a special viewing window running the entire length, that would completely fill the space between the side cover and the top rail. Injecting long thin walled tubing was a big concern, but after studying the proposed design our polymer engineers said it was doable and that the technical polymer recommended would produce magazine tubes of superior strength.

As of today the magazine mold is about 90% completed, however that means the mold will come on line in 60 to 90 days if all goes well, but from our experience in polymer, no matter what the engineers say there is still a chance that it won’t work. In the mean time we’ll continue to produce the UTS-15 with the open slot magazine tubes, but when the new polymer tubes come on line we’ll give a set and the followers to anyone that has open magazine tubes and wants to change over.

Sincerely,

Ted Hatfield, Director of Product Development & Manufacturing

UTAS-USA

Des Plaines, IL
Link Posted: 6/19/2012 1:47:50 AM EDT
[#9]
This is from the KTOG forum from one of our Canadian frends who has access to both UTS-15 and KSG

Link Posted: 6/19/2012 4:20:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/19/2012 4:26:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Maybe I'll get one next year once the enclosed mag tubes are in place. Also would like to see how the weapon performs after some use. I've been an early adapter on new products and have had some bad experiences. The MSAR LTD was one of them.
Link Posted: 6/24/2012 3:06:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks like the second group of UTS-15's sold out on gunbroker,
I Just talked to the people at UTAS and they are boxing up completed Shotguns for shipment.

Congrats to those of you who got one of  the first 75 shotguns.

Looks like from here on out it will be a normal distribution chain to your LGS.

Link Posted: 6/26/2012 12:04:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Not so, they are back on GB too with like 20+ more.

You can also pre-order from an online site for <1k price tag.  No sights though.
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 12:28:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You can also pre-order from an online site for <1k price tag.  No sights though.

What site is that?
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 4:33:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What site is that?

Google it. somethibg arms... Rockwell maybe. If you really can't find it I will go back but make fun of you.
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 4:52:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 8:26:03 AM EDT
[#17]
When the KSG first came out I got in on a preorder for a fantastic

Price of less than $700.  I was number 50 on their list.  After about 3 months I calculated

At the rate they were recieving KSG's I was looking at a five year wait.  

I was able to cancel my order at no charge.

The $25 non refundable pre order charge is a nice touch.

I hope people that buy from this site actually get their guns.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 11:10:43 PM EDT
[#18]
This an the Saiga-12 are the only shotguns that I'm interested in. I'll never own Kel-Tec's shit. I'm not worried about anything getting in the magazine tubes because I consider shotguns to be urban weapons.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 5:45:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
i think i'll stick with my M-1 or my 590

Kind of leaning this way myself although I like the idea of it!
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 5:46:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The GB auction for UTS-15 is back up.
25 shotguns are available.

Do you remember the price?

Ne'mind, I didn't read far enough!
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 6:04:02 PM EDT
[#21]
The first US made UTS-15's have shipped.
Tracking numbers are going out.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 3:32:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Whoever purchased theirs already, please post pics and a range report.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 9:17:31 PM EDT
[#23]
I will post pics and what I've learned about the UTS-15. I get mine Tues.
Link Posted: 7/10/2012 4:58:52 AM EDT
[#24]
That's today!  Interested!
Link Posted: 7/11/2012 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#25]
ok where are the pics
Link Posted: 7/12/2012 2:17:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Came it yesterday
Impressions

The Trigger is fantastic.

Its big feeling, but as shown is not any longer than other bull pups

The sights that came with are nice, but I have replaced them with an EoTech 512

the slide and lockup felt very tight at first.

took an effort when sliding forward the last inch to achieve lockup.

But I have been playing with it for half a day now and I can feel it starting to loosen up.

I have 2 plastic bullpups. the FS2000 and now the UTS-15

The UTS-15 is not a hard plastic feel like the FS2000

there is some flex to some of the larger pieces.

I am planning on getting the sealed magazine tubes when they come available.

There is a place for the laser light switch already on the gun which is cool.

I like the AR style safety.

I wish the slide release was more accessible. Its located on the under side of the stock behind the grip.

I think I prefer the shorter choke cylinder that comes stock.

The gun is impressive, and very ugly but its ugly in a very good way.

Looking forward to a range day.

Pictured below

FN FS2000

UTS-15

K&M M17s

Link Posted: 7/12/2012 3:43:04 AM EDT
[#27]
How's the fit and build quality? I am seriously considering one of these for next year after the solid mags tubes are ready.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 4:39:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
How's the fit and build quality? I am seriously considering one of these for next year after the solid mags tubes are ready.

This, except people are over-reacting to the mag tube thing.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 6:55:28 AM EDT
[#29]
They should just have a clear polymer cover that is mounted over the slotted tube so you can see how many rounds are in it but it isn't exposed to the elements.
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 3:39:40 PM EDT
[#30]
That thing looks awesome..and extremely heavy!

How much does that thing weigh fully loaded?
Link Posted: 7/13/2012 4:37:35 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

That thing looks awesome..and extremely heavy!
How much does that thing weigh fully loaded?
Seriously the thing feels light as a feather in relation to it size.

Its all polymer.

Now fully loaded?

Thats another story

How much does 15 rounds of 12 gauge weigh?

The magazine tubes are fine the way they are for an urban or home defense setting.

If you are planning on rolling around in the brush and twigs, the solid magazine tubes which will be out in about 2 months will be a good idea.

From what I hear the solid magazine tubes will be new standard configuration in about 2 months.

For those of us who already have our UTS-15

They are going to send a set of solid magazine tubes to anybody who wants them.

Link Posted: 7/13/2012 6:09:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Nice, I think it looks awesome. Yes, bullpups do sometimes look odd, but they grow on you.
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 9:20:40 PM EDT
[#33]
For as bulky as it looks this is good news to me. Thanks for the reply!
Link Posted: 9/5/2012 2:14:20 PM EDT
[#34]
I just received mine a few days ago and it's a BEAST!! Not heavy like you would expect.  Haven't gotten a chance to shoot it yet but I plan to next week.  I pre-ordered this shotgun through Rockwell Firearms (discussed earlier in this thread) and it was shipped promptly when it arrived.  I know there was a concern about per-orders and whether or not people would eventually get the products.  No such issues with Rockwell.  I think they have a few still in stock.  1200 will get you the shotgun with tactical choke tube and iron sights.

Also, this is my first bullpup so I'm pretty pumped about it!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2012 7:57:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Wasn't there some announcement about a left hand version being available in early 2013? Does anyone else remember this, or am I losing my mind?
Link Posted: 9/7/2012 5:53:18 PM EDT
[#36]
word is they are working on a lefty
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 5:27:36 AM EDT
[#37]
I am also a lefty and I  read on one of the Bullpup forums that a couple lefty's  shot the UTS and had no problem with shells in the face at all. Apparently the ejection port sits well below your chin and they said it work very well with no problems at all. I am seriously thinking about one myself.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 6:45:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Why isn't there a removable mag system on a gun like this. It would look like a tube,  you could eject the empty tube and slap in a loaded one. It seems a logical evolution. UTAS-USA are you listening?
ETA email sent to UTAS USA
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 3:59:40 PM EDT
[#39]
So are these available in the other camo editions yet ? Only see the black one , and only at a few places so far.
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 4:19:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Looks like someone got a lemon--

Link Posted: 12/15/2012 6:47:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Yup,...I wouldn't have ordered one if I watched that video....Definitely hoping they covered the tubes on mine...I should have been paying attention a little better, I didn't realize that they were open like that...I just can't believe their design team thought that, that was ok....Pretty lame to say the least.... I'll probably machine my own tube selector switch. People are breaking it left and right....Come on UTAS, what does it take to make one out of a hard anodized aluminum?... Gonna see if I can find a simple way to lock the top cover down. I spent about 20hrs re-designing a Masterpiece Arms Mac clone 22lr pistol to get it running....Amazing what I had to do to that, but it runs pretty damn good now...I'm not gonna fuck with this thing to that extent at $1000....It's going back to the manufacturer and if they can't fix it the FIRST time, I'm getting my money back...Tired of fixing other peoples garbage.

Does anyone know if that tube selector switch can be used once the tubes are filled?....Seems that Hickok45 couldn't select a tube once they were filled....That is a pretty useless feature if that's the case....Why is it that there is no discussion about this?
Link Posted: 12/15/2012 9:22:07 PM EDT
[#42]
I made it to 2:28.  Couldn't take any more.  He's all about jersey shore.
Link Posted: 12/16/2012 12:57:01 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't know, but having grown accustomed to the smooth semi-auto operation the M4S90, I'm no longer interested in pump action SG's.  These new bullpup SG's could be semis, but I'm guessing cost-control was a factor in that regard.  Make it a semi & I'd be all over it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top