Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 9/7/2011 9:04:07 AM EDT
I mentioned this in the Bullpup Shoot thread, and have gotten a couple of questions, so I thought I'd put a picture up...

I've talked with the guys at BullpupUnlimited.com and they say they are going to start shipping in October...

I'm trying to talk JJ into coming to the Shoot (or maybe he'll let me carry a sample with me...)  
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 10:11:28 AM EDT
[#1]
$279 to $359
BullpupUnlimited.com

Is there an external safety other than the "split" aka "glock" trigger.  How does the slide release work and where is it located.  What about magazine tube extensions.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 10:16:22 AM EDT
[#2]

you could have a bullpup shotgun for under $500 if you find the right used 870 (no rib)
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 12:25:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Now an Ithica or BPS bottom eject version NEEDS to be offered.  

Also, with a name like "Bullpup UNlimited", does this mean they are planning to offer conversions for other firearms as well?
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 1:26:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I mentioned this in the Bullpup Shoot thread, and have gotten a couple of questions, so I thought I'd put a picture up...

http://bullpupforum.com/gallery/1_25_08_11_7_20_15.gif

I've talked with the guys at BullpupUnlimited.com and they say they are going to start shipping in October...

I'm trying to talk JJ into coming to the Shoot (or maybe he'll let me carry a sample with me...)  

Forget the sample.  Bring a pallet full and if they're good stuff I'll bring a couple home.  No need to go all Kel Tec now and just trickle stuff out.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 2:45:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 3:36:45 PM EDT
[#6]
The Mossberg is already off paper but still in prototype stage
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 3:42:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 5:18:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I take it you might personally  know something about it?

Shoot me a PM, we should talk...
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 6:36:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Is there an external safety other than the "split" aka "glock" trigger.  How does the slide release work and where is it located.  What about magazine tube extensions.

I haven't handled one yet, but from what I've been told, it uses the AR15 saftey, and can accept the ambi ones.  The slide release is a button/ball on the underside just behind the bolt/tube loading port.
And any length mag tube/extension will work, but the barrel can't have a rib...

I don't want to speak for hunter691, but I know he's having some family issues and doesn't have constant access to a computer.  So he can correct any of this next time he's on, if I missed something....

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 8:44:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Hell, I want to know if he can work one out for the common semiauto shotguns!
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 8:48:39 PM EDT
[#11]
how well built are these?
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 9:24:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The slide release is a button/ball on the underside just behind the bolt/tube loading port.

That's too bad, but not a deal breaker.  Seems like doing slug change overs and other manipulations might be a little more complicated.
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 6:48:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I am number 60.

Just some info that I have gotten from "JJ"

1. It uses a remington Gel Pad for a recoil pad. This is good to know, be cause other pads like Limb Savers, etc..will also work.
2. He is going to get me a LOP measurement.
3. I asked if a NEF Pardner 870 clone would fit and he is not sure. I will keep you posted once i get mine.
4. It will work with mag extensions on the gun.

I am excited about this and he said that they are currently on track to start shipping Oct. 1st. My birthday is October 4th, so it would be a great birthday gift

P.S. JJ has been very good ant responding to my e-mails in a timely manner.
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 9:08:17 AM EDT
[#14]
I want to hear a review or two before I buy, but I am very interested in this bullpup stock.  I have always loved bullpups, but have never really seen a good option for them.  The Mossberg factory guns were expensive and got bad reviews.

I really hope that it is significantly nicer than the Muzzlelite bullpup stocks from the 1990's.  While the concept was nice, the stock very suspect in durability and the trigger pull really sucked.  The Muzzlelite stocks used plastic linkage parts the flexed when you pulled the trigger.  They also needed to be bedded with the rifle versions and the stock sights sucked.
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 9:53:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I was going to buy an aftermarket stock for my Moss590, but this is good to know.  Perhaps I'll hold off until this is available and has been tested/evaluated...

JJ, I sent you an email a couple of weeks ago regarding the bullpup conversion kit for the Moss590.  Only reply I got was "its being looked at", so this is good news I reckon...Any idea of when this might be available?  I would be happy to evaluate a kit for you....

Link Posted: 9/12/2011 12:27:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't want to speak for JJ/hunter691, but if they seem to be focused on the 870, and will base the mossberg, etc, off the success and time-line of the 870.
Shipping to "pre-orders" from thier website is supposed to start on (or about October 1), and if they "fly off the shelves", I'd guess they'd be eager to create new lines...

JJ / hunter691 correct me if I'm off base...

FYI, JJ is the nicest, down-to-earth guy you could ever meet!  (and his Mom seems to be doing well, he tells me!)
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 2:48:45 PM EDT
[#17]
They definitely seem to be focusing on the Rem 870 first.  But once it is nailed down, it will be much faster to turn out the Moss 500/590 line next.  The Rem 870 & Moss 500/590 are by far the most popular shotguns out there.  Hopefully the Saiga-12 will be in the line up.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 8:55:47 AM EDT
[#18]
ss trigger rods  no flex
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 9:02:14 AM EDT
[#19]
This thing has to be miles beyond the old muzzlelites..........and better be

I didn't have one of the muzzlelites for a shotgun, but the 10/22 and mini 14 models were a waste of time, money and plastic. But........they were the first ones I had ever seen available, so they were a pretty big deal back then.

Added....any pictures or movies of assembly?
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 9:18:53 AM EDT
[#20]
I won't handle one until September 23rd-24th, but in talking with JJ, he's quick to point out the failings of the muzzelite!  He even jumped on the trigger issues in the old Mossberg 500 Bullpup (backstrap safety, etc)...

So it sounds like he wanted to produce a much better product.  I'm looking forward to the Bullpup Shoot!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 10:16:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I won't handle one until September 23rd-24th, but in talking with JJ, he's quick to point out the failings of the muzzelite!  He even jumped on the trigger issues in the old Mossberg 500 Bullpup (backstrap safety, etc)...

So it sounds like he wanted to produce a much better product.  I'm looking forward to the Bullpup Shoot!!

After speaking with JJ (who I can assure you is a great guy), I feel confident that this will be a solid piece of equipment, miles ahead of the muzzelite.  I am anxious to try one out next weekend!
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 1:28:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Remington 870 express Left Handed

LEFTIES LIKE BULLPUPS TOO!!!

Link Posted: 9/13/2011 2:55:09 PM EDT
[#23]
My Email;

Hi,
I was wondering (praying to God) that you maybe putting your craftsmanship to work designing a bulpup stock for a Ruger Mini 14/30. I am also hopeful that the price point will reflect the civilian market. I really would like to see it not cost as much as the rifle.
Thanks
JRC

His Response;
The mini 14 has been descussed but would be a ways off , at this time we have the 870 unit coming out and the mossberg 500/590 in rough prototype and a large following wanting a semi-auto shotgun unit, these are our first goals but rifles have been talked about.  As far as price it would just all depend on R&D cost plus cost to produce.
thanks for asking
JJ Hunter VP

Patients young Jedi, You will need patients.
MMMM
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 3:37:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Hell yes......I want bullpup everything:

10-22, Mini-14/30, Saiga rifles and shotguns, hell.....even bullpup precision bolt guns.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 4:50:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

10-22, Mini-14/30, Saiga rifles and shotguns, hell.....even bullpup precision bolt guns.

x2 !!!

Link Posted: 9/13/2011 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#26]
We are working hard to get everything the best we can,   We in no way want to be thought of in the same respect as the Muzzelite unit and plan to do everthing we can not too.  We are working to start with a good product and gain a good reputation from the.  If anyone has any question please ask, we have just added the information flier for download on the web site.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 5:49:33 PM EDT
[#27]
With the new pictures on the flyer....the pistol grip looks to be molded in. I was hoping it was standard AR, so I could add something Magpul.

Unless the pictures are deceiving??? Is the grip one piece with the rest of the stock?
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 5:56:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
With the new pictures on the flyer....the pistol grip looks to be molded in. I was hoping it was standard AR, so I could add something Magpul.

Unless the pictures are deceiving??? Is the grip one piece with the rest of the stock?

Not sure what you are seeing, but to me it looks like the same bolt on A2 grip they show in every other picture...
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 6:02:54 PM EDT
[#29]
I uses standard ar15 grip,  someone makes a real large one that we had to trim  all others we have tried work fine, it also uses standard ar15 safety and the lefty works also.
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 6:05:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I uses standard ar15 grip,  someone makes a real large one that we had to trim  all others we have tried work fine, it also uses standard ar15 safety and the lefty works also.

That's why I asked if the pictures were deceiving.......I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad that it uses AR grips.

Sorry for the drama.....as you were
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/13/2011 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
870's 1st video :

link to Bullpup Unlimited's video

Sweet....I sooo need to get one of these, maybe I can use my "clout" to get one at the Bullpup Shoot, LOL!

Link Posted: 9/13/2011 8:00:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Holy smokes, standard AR grips, and standard AR safeties?  That is just straight up impressive design work right there.  I can't wait to put rounds downrange with one of these....
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 5:54:16 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

870's 1st video :

????????  

This video is no longer available because the uploader has closed their YouTube account.

Sorry about that.

Link Posted: 9/14/2011 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:
870's 1st video :

????????  

This video is no longer available because the uploader has closed their YouTube account.

Sorry about that.

Where did it go??? Arghhhh!
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 6:08:08 PM EDT
[#36]
I never even got to see it live!  The horror
Link Posted: 9/14/2011 10:05:56 PM EDT
[#37]
We're working on it   sorry  We did not know it was not working
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 7:32:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Video back up  at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzULG7I1RfA
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 8:08:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Oooh yeah, I ESPECIALLY want a precision bolt gun!  (Savage is the lego rifle of the bolt world - hint hint)
Link Posted: 9/15/2011 8:11:46 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Video back up  at

Definitely interested in this.

Best of luck with your project!

Link Posted: 9/17/2011 12:54:14 AM EDT
[#41]
DO WANT!!!!!

Seriously are you accepting pre-orders?
Link Posted: 9/17/2011 2:24:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/17/2011 10:07:04 PM EDT
[#43]
What are you using for the trigger linkage? Is it done with something like bars or cables? For me the trigger design is what makes or breaks a bullpup and I'm a little cautious after getting a Kvar AK conversion years ago that used a wire for the linkage. I want to like this though, an 870 in this would be a good truck gun.
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 8:16:49 AM EDT
[#44]
JJ says it's got 2 stainless steel rods as the linkage.

I get to see/hold one on Friday (and then the Bullpup Shoot on Saturday!  It's like waiting for Christmas!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2011 10:19:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Sounds solid, I would like to hear some impressions of th trigger pull and see some pics of th mechanism. The description sounce like an AUG trigger system.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Video back up at

beautiful girl , nice looking bullpup.....but really shooting with a small child 2 feet away and plugging ears with fingers......not good

Link Posted: 9/19/2011 6:27:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Video back up at

beautiful girl , nice looking bullpup.....but really shooting with a small child 2 feet away and plugging ears with fingers......not good

And one round at the beginning.........................and one at the end.  By the time they go through an extended mag full there will be KSGs in every corner shop.
Link Posted: 9/19/2011 9:03:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Neat design!  This would make an awesome truck gun!     Out of curiosity how much does shorten the overall length? I would love to put a metro barrel (a 30" extension thats helps cut back on noise without using a suppressor) on it and see how it handles compared to normal.
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Can we get a picture of the left side???????  Want to know if this stock would work with a left hand 870.

MadDog
Link Posted: 9/20/2011 5:46:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Neat design!  This would make an awesome truck gun!     Out of curiosity how much does shorten the overall length? I would love to put a metro barrel (a 30" extension thats helps cut back on noise without using a suppressor) on it and see how it handles compared to normal.

based on the dimensions on the website, it looks like it shaves about 10-11" off the length, and LOP looks the same for standard and the bullpup stock
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top