Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2009 5:37:55 PM EDT
I found this interesting kit that I will be ordering for my Saiga-12

www.kushnapup.com

The kit costs $275. To order a kit, hit the Dealer Info link and send an email to Kushnapup.
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 5:46:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Being a happy owner of a Saiga 12 and a bullpup lover, It's interesting.

It's not in production yet going by the website, but if people actually get them and they work well, I might pick one up too.

The only thing I don't like about it, is the fact that the ejection port is right next to and under your face. In a 12ga, if you get a
blowback or out of battery shot, say goodbye to part of your face. I'd like a thicker metal cover over that part with an extension
like a case deflector downward.

Link Posted: 3/16/2009 6:06:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I would like to see one for the Saiga 762x39.
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 7:52:51 PM EDT
[#3]
This looks cool
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 8:28:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe one of our guys here is working on one or was working on one until he had to go to Iraq.

Link Posted: 3/16/2009 8:50:42 PM EDT
[#5]
The length of pull looks ridiculous. Looks like a 20+ inch length of pull
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 9:12:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The length of pull looks ridiculous. Looks like a 20+ inch length of pull

According to Saiga12.com LOP is 18in.
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 5:54:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I think the scope is a little presumptuous but I would definitely be in for one.

Be afraid Comrade Obama the Bullpup has morphed with the AK and the Street Howitzer.

Ahhh, very nice the Kushnapup, the'll definiyely want to ban that one by name!
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 2:11:04 AM EDT
[#8]
tag
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 2:47:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I believe one of our guys here is working on one or was working on one until he had to go to Iraq.

Yup.

Link Posted: 3/18/2009 4:33:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

http://i35.tinypic.com/2s01ezq.jpg

Can you give details and/or pictures of your FCG assembly? The length of linkage needed has always been the bane of bullpups.

buckmeister
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 4:44:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

Can you give details and/or pictures of your FCG assembly? The length of linkage needed has always been the bane of bullpups.

buckmeister

FCG is a G2 with the trigger ground off (Making it what I call a hammer release) and the cable brazed to the top of the "Hammer release".

Someone said using stainless steal tig wire might be better than the bicycle break cable I'm using now.

Another solution is to drill a hole in the left side of the trunnion front to back just below the barrel and a rivet (Hard to show without a pic) and use a steel rod to connect the hammer release and trigger.

I will probably use the steel rod in the end as it will give the best trigger squeeze.
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 6:42:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I would like to see one for the Saiga 762x39.

These should fit in the K-var bullpup kit without too much trouble.
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 8:51:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

FCG is a G2 with the trigger ground off (Making it what I call a hammer release) and the cable brazed to the top of the "Hammer release".

Someone said using stainless steal tig wire might be better than the bicycle break cable I'm using now.

Another solution is to drill a hole in the left side of the trunnion front to back just below the barrel and a rivet (Hard to show without a pic) and use a steel rod to connect the hammer release and trigger.

I will probably use the steel rod in the end as it will give the best trigger squeeze.

What cable is used in aircraft? Aircraft cable fittings and cable tensioners, or tie rods would allow for takeup. I think that bends in the wire give the mushy feel to bullpup trigger pull. Rods are an improvement only if they too remain straight.

buckmeister
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 10:07:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Legend...

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

Dairy
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 6:09:47 PM EDT
[#15]
I got an email this evening from Bjorn Muller, the owner of Kushnapup. He stated that the kits are now in the molding process and should be available very soon. I'm now on the list to get one.

Bjorn also said that the kits are designed to utilize the bolt stop that's found on the current version of the Saiga 12.
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 8:45:26 PM EDT
[#16]
18" LOP...no thank you.

But....cool idea.
Link Posted: 3/31/2009 10:03:36 AM EDT
[#17]
bump4 updates
Link Posted: 3/31/2009 3:18:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I got an email this evening from Bjorn Muller, the owner of Kushnapup. He stated that the kits are now in the molding process and should be available very soon. I'm now on the list to get one.

Bjorn also said that the kits are designed to utilize the bolt stop that's found on the current version of the Saiga 12.

Since you're communicating with him, could you please ask if they / he has reinforced the area above the place of ejection which is right under your face/eyes?
I'd hate to be under that if there is a misfire without any serious reinforcement there.
Link Posted: 3/31/2009 3:22:17 PM EDT
[#19]
If the extreme LOP is due to keeping room for the 10rd mags.....I would like to move it back to about 15" and be restricted to only using the 5rd mags.......wonder if that is a possibility or not.
Link Posted: 3/31/2009 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#20]
$275 for shells in the face? Pass.
Link Posted: 3/31/2009 8:23:28 PM EDT
[#21]
that's pretty cool
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 11:07:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Bump to see if anyone has heard anything about these. Website had not been updated since this was originally posted.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:19:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Now this would rock with that new 30 rnd drum I saw at the gunshow over the weekend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top