Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 2:50:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but this looks like a good place to do it anyway.  This is a pic I took at SHOT.

You will note a lot of changes.  First of all, the texturing is new.  There are also additional mounting points for rails.  The extra points are located on both sides of the rifle, and a new one on the underside forward of the trigger guard.  Not including the top rail for sights, that makes 6 total accessory rail spots.

And here is the biggy.  It uses regular AR mags!  The pics I took the first day didn't show up.  They didn't have the all the rifles on display the 2nd day because someone stole a bunch of stuff from their display.  Tough to see how someone managed to sneak out a rifle, but they did.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 3:03:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Dorsai: Tough to see how someone managed to sneak out a rifle, but they did.

Chinese airsoft designers?  Why bother working from pictures when they can just make molds from an original.

Link Posted: 1/23/2009 4:04:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Dorsai:
I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but this looks like a good place to do it anyway.  This is a pic I took at SHOT.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/MSAR_Stg556_Rev_5.JPG

You will note a lot of changes.  First of all, the texturing is new.  There are also additional mounting points for rails.  The extra points are located on both sides of the rifle, and a new one on the underside forward of the trigger guard.  Not including the top rail for sights, that makes 6 total accessory rail spots.

And here is the biggy.  It uses regular AR mags!  The pics I took the first day didn't show up.  They didn't have the all the rifles on display the 2nd day because someone stole a bunch of stuff from their display.  Tough to see how someone managed to sneak out a rifle, but they did.

Fortunately we did not loose a rifle.  We had a ACOG and a curahee knife stolen from the booth.  They were both stolen on Thursday just a few hours into the show.  Bastards.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:13:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: albertr] [#4]
Sorry to hear about the thiefs on the show...

Any word on availability of the new "E4" model?

-albertr
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 2:58:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Ratworx quoted me an "April" availablity date on the E4 this morning over the phone.  Prices are $2150 for an E4 with the new taller optic, $2000 for an E4 with no optic and a 9 inch rail.  They are taking names, but no deposits or pre-payment.
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 10:28:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SilentType] [#6]
Who the hell steals from SHOT?

Wish we could get them and put them out on the range for live target demos next year at MEDIA Day.

I like the STG E4 Bolt release, don't like the position of the new rail mounts, and although I like the texture on the grip I don't care for the AR style design of the girp and I don't like the texture on the stock.

I like the ejection port improved cover as well. Defintely a nice update.

Link Posted: 2/3/2009 8:11:08 AM EDT
[#7]
If the MSARs say 223 on them can you shoot 556?
Link Posted: 2/4/2009 7:51:34 PM EDT
[#8]
On reguards to # of MSARs in the wild.  To date there have roughly been 5500-6000 produced since its introduction at the 2007 shot show.   They have made only about 30 Heavy Barrel setups.  It was a totally reverse engineered design.  I spoke to a person at MSAR today.
Link Posted: 2/4/2009 8:49:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Okaraider:
If the MSARs say 223 on them can you shoot 556?

You can shoot 5.56mm, or .223 Remington All day. No problem.

Link Posted: 2/6/2009 1:08:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jagdkommando] [#10]
Originally Posted By mjkberg:
On reguards to # of MSARs in the wild.  To date there have roughly been 5500-6000 produced since its introduction at the 2007 shot show.   They have made only about 30 Heavy Barrel setups.  It was a totally reverse engineered design.  I spoke to a person at MSAR today.

I'm not sure who you spoke with here but so far with production STG-556, limited edition STG-556 packages, and customs we have produced just over 8000 rifles.  We produced 21 HB 24" match rifles, with 19 of those leaving the shop.
Link Posted: 2/6/2009 4:33:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn 8,000 rifles in less than two years. I believe it since even at the smaller Gun Shows with poor selection I'm starting to see STG's at multiple booths now instead of just ARs and AKs and the STG's are selling. That's got to be REAL close to the number of AUGs imported before the 1989 ban.  Seems like most the Ma and Pop dealers have them available as well (Good luck saying that about an FS2000 lor an XCR).  Good distribution is important for a consumer and it gets the name out there to the public who still largely buys things face to face instead of online.

Link Posted: 2/6/2009 9:47:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mjkberg] [#12]
Wow, 8,000 is pretty good.  Keep them coming.  

Link Posted: 2/6/2009 11:48:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GLOCKCRAZZ] [#13]
Another change to add to the list.
I have a upgraded bolt on my Gen IV it is stainless steel and duracoated black.
I'll get some pics up soon.

Link Posted: 2/10/2009 8:04:45 AM EDT
[#14]
The stainless steel bolt carriers are easy to tell apart.  There is a "machined dot" just forward of the wheel on the top of the carrier.  They are just a tad heavier than the previous carriers.
Link Posted: 2/10/2009 9:08:46 AM EDT
[#15]
No fluting on the round parts?
Link Posted: 2/12/2009 2:07:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Vermilion_Six:
Ratworx quoted me an "April" availablity date on the E4 this morning over the phone.  Prices are $2150 for an E4 with the new taller optic, $2000 for an E4 with no optic and a 9 inch rail.  They are taking names, but no deposits or pre-payment.

WTH? Why the added cost?
Link Posted: 2/15/2009 9:32:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Nope, the long thrust piece hasn't been fluted since the first few hundred limited rifles.
As far as the extra cost, I would assume it's because the stock is more complicated to assemble, and to recoup the expenses of a complex new mold and the engineering to make it work.  In addition, the E4 will be sold with one each of the three sizes of stock accessory rails.
Link Posted: 2/16/2009 11:21:57 AM EDT
[#18]
I have a question for MSAR.

Does the E4 signal the end of the Standard Gen IV rifles or will they still be available?

I have 2 Gen II rifles and would like to have a Gen IV with the taller optic. Is this somethig that will ever be offered?

Personally, I have no interest in the E4 but understand the appeal and the need to give the customers what they want.
Link Posted: 2/16/2009 9:52:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By X-ile:
Nope, the long thrust piece hasn't been fluted since the first few hundred limited rifles.
As far as the extra cost, I would assume it's because the stock is more complicated to assemble, and to recoup the expenses of a complex new mold and the engineering to make it work.  In addition, the E4 will be sold with one each of the three sizes of stock accessory rails.

No I meant the bottom rounded part of the carrier on either side?  

Link Posted: 2/25/2009 8:42:18 PM EDT
[#20]
So the MSAR E4s will be available in just a few weeks?!?  
Link Posted: 2/25/2009 9:03:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rizzo5586] [#21]
Originally Posted By TanSTGMan:
Originally Posted By X-ile:

No I meant the bottom rounded part of the carrier on either side?  

Bolt carrier is still fluted on the lower rounder part

edit: just saw the pics above, maybe it isnt anymore...i see so many damn parts in a day its hard to keep track of whats what
Link Posted: 2/25/2009 9:06:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Updated ETA on the E4 release?
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 2:39:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Originally Posted By AggiePhil:

Updated ETA on the E4 release?

Called Ratworx today. Mid/late April.
Link Posted: 3/3/2009 4:43:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SilentType] [#24]
Originally Posted By GLOCKCRAZZ:
I'll get some pics up soon.
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4479/bolt2oi7.jpg
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8370/bolt1my7.jpg
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/1864/ends1mb4.jpg

Damn, I just have the gen IIIs.  I like that Gen IV stainless and duracoated black.

Link Posted: 3/9/2009 4:40:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Question...so less than 20 HBAR setups have been produced?  Damn.  I passed one up at Knob Creek and bought an Arsenal AK because I was looking for a light and short rifle...but if I would have known there were so few I would have gotten the HBAR for sure.

CMS
Link Posted: 3/14/2009 12:26:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: msh441] [#26]
Originally Posted By GLOCKCRAZZ:

Just curious about a few things:

Do all the Gen IV's (including the regular production models) have the stainless blot carrier?

Also, when was the 1.5x optic height raisedup a bit?  Is that on all the Gen IV's?  Or just coming on the E4's?  Have the top rails been raised up as well?  Just curious... thanks.

Link Posted: 3/21/2009 9:23:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LILGUY] [#27]
I just got my SGN and they have an extensive review of the 556. What issues are folks having with early mdls?
Should one search out the latest mdls or would you suggest going with a AUG? Has anyone pinned down the serial
# breaks for the generations.Thaks

I found my home.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 9:52:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By LILGUY:
I just got my SGN and they have an extensive review of the 556. What issues are folks having with early mdls?
Should one search out the latest mdls or would you suggest going with a AUG? Has anyone pinned down the serial
# breaks for the generations.Thaks

I found my home.

Don't have to mess with serial numbers. All STG rifles without the AR forward assist are GEN IV or now GEN V rifles. Those rifles are all good to go. Gen III rifles have the AR forward assist and a "jadkommando" bird cage type flash suppressor unlike all the other STG rifles with the Tulip Fliashhider and GEN III rifles are good-to-go.

Purchase with confidence.

Link Posted: 4/2/2009 7:02:55 PM EDT
[#29]
My dealer has one #5539  in the serial # range. Where in  generational development is this one?
Link Posted: 4/2/2009 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Gen 4
Link Posted: 4/2/2009 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Archetype:
Gen 4

How about a breakdown by SN & Gen?  
Link Posted: 4/2/2009 9:56:33 PM EDT
[#32]
When did the SS bolts and 1 piece door go into production?
Link Posted: 4/10/2009 5:22:23 PM EDT
[#33]
When did the SS bolts and 1 piece door go into production?

We have made a few hard chrome bolts every now and then.  All of the limited edition "tactical" and "jagermeister" rifles had hard chrome bolts.  The stocks with a one piece ejection port cover and the square receiver locking latch have been shipping for about a month.  The bolts that go out now along with the trunion, bolt sleeve, and firing pin have a black titanium nitrate coating that seems to work very well.  

Dave Robertson
MSAR
Link Posted: 5/4/2009 8:56:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Hey gang... It is now early May. Anyone know where the E4 can be purchased? It is my top choice over the competition but I am becoming impatient.... Thanx
Link Posted: 5/4/2009 9:39:27 PM EDT
[#35]
We are in the final stages of production build up...it wont be long now
Link Posted: 5/11/2009 10:28:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Will there be a stock trade-in program?
Link Posted: 5/28/2009 8:22:56 AM EDT
[#37]
I've always wanted an "Aug". I was st the local gunstore and he has, what I believe to be, a Gen IV on the wall.

Now with seeing the E4, I don't know if I should wait for that. The extra rails don't do anything for me. Being able to use AR15 mags is , to me, a huge plus.

Then again, if the MSAR 42rd mags work, that's an advantage over 30rd mags.

What to do...

PS
I decided to buy an STG when I saw that they are Made in Pa. Awesome  
Link Posted: 5/28/2009 10:44:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Was at my local dealer and found a stg I like. Ser# 600-007019. Anyone here know what generation it is?
I was surprised at how luke warm they are on the stg. They were pushing their preban AUG selection.
" why not get the real item?" was their pitch. Next suggested a FN 2000, do not want either.
Link Posted: 5/28/2009 11:42:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Was at my local dealer and found a stg I like. Ser# 600-007019. Anyone here know what generation it is?
I was surprised at how luke warm they are on the stg. They were pushing their preban AUG selection.
" why not get the real item?" was their pitch. Next suggested a FN 2000, do not want either.

Get more money out of you with those rifles
Link Posted: 5/28/2009 1:34:12 PM EDT
[#40]
What version at that ser. # ?
Link Posted: 5/28/2009 5:46:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Any updates on the E4?
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 6:48:58 PM EDT
[#42]
What version at that ser. # ?

I too am very interested in the E4, as the AUG ergos fit me perfectly and I have quite a few AR Mags...

Are they in production?

How can I tell an E4 from the Rest without slapping a magazine in?

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:34:49 AM EDT
[#43]
I am also interested in the Gen IV, as I have around 30 AR mags and no AR!  Are they available yet? Can the extra attatch points be removed if not needed or wanted?  And are the Gen IV's compatible with steel cased ammo for these tough economic times?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:36:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Beerswimmer:
I am also interested in the Gen IV, as I have around 30 AR mags and no AR!  Are they available yet? Can the extra attatch points be removed if not needed or wanted?  And are the Gen IV's compatible with steel cased ammo for these tough economic times?

The Gen IV uses AUG mags.  The E4 will use AR mags, and isn't out yet.  Maybe by the end of the month?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 1:53:52 AM EDT
[#45]
I hope, I'm going on an Uncle Sam paid 2 week fishing trip and wanted to throw that paycheck towards a new gun!  Not taking AR mags is kind of a deal killer...
Link Posted: 6/21/2009 9:05:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Some STGs i see for sale have a solid black looking flash hider. I assume that's just a cover over the tulip one, right? The original post in this thread is slightly confusing, but basically if i buy a NIB STG without a forward assist it's pretty much guaranteed to be a gen iv?
Link Posted: 6/21/2009 9:32:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By NathanC:
Some STGs i see for sale have a solid black looking flash hider. I assume that's just a cover over the tulip one, right? The original post in this thread is slightly confusing, but basically if i buy a NIB STG without a forward assist it's pretty much guaranteed to be a gen iv?

Yep. No FA = Gen.IV
Tomac

Link Posted: 6/22/2009 6:25:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By NathanC:

Right, the solid looking flash hider you see is just a muzzle cap for the tulip flash hider underneath.
Link Posted: 6/25/2009 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Trumpet:
Any updates on the E4?

Link Posted: 6/25/2009 6:12:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By M4:
Originally Posted By Trumpet:
Any updates on the E4?

They can be found in the thread titled: "Any news on the E4" just below this one.  http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=43&t=276302&page=5
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top