Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/10/2010 10:05:42 AM EDT
Not sure if it has been mentioned but ,

carry handle 1x optic not produced anymore.

grenade launching feature and GR on gas regulator/housing not produced anymore. Reason –– confusing for consumers and causing rifle returns.

some new E4 rifles reported to have STG barrels on them to reduce STG barrel overstock. Same time frame MSAR looking for opinions on what to do with overstock STG parts.

MSAR moves facilty to NC ? , promises new products and website.

Dave ( customer service } Robertson leaves MSAR

Rizzo5586 ( engineer ) leaves MSAR

While these may not be updates to the rifle i feel they are important historical facts that help round out the production and history of the MSAR rifles for those reading this thread, please correct me if im wrong in any area's.
Link Posted: 11/19/2010 11:40:59 AM EDT
So it appears that MSAR has produced different bolts. Could we get a list of the different bolts and descriptions or pics going?
Link Posted: 11/22/2010 12:11:27 AM EDT
OD green MSAR with 1.5 optic AND pic rail

The gun is LNIB with 200rds according to the owners.

7 30 round mags and 4 42 round mags...all factory.

he thinks its a gen4, is that good or bad?

what is a good price for this package?
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 8:15:22 PM EDT
I have a STG 4E that takes AR 15 mags.

If someone has hosting space, I will send you pics of it disassembled if you want.

PM me.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:55:00 PM EDT
I'm seeing different twist rates between the 16 and 20" barrels. Is this correct, or are they all 1/8" twist?
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 4:52:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By misfit47:
I'm seeing different twist rates between the 16 and 20" barrels. Is this correct, or are they all 1/8" twist?

My 16" is 1/8.
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:55:53 PM EDT
If you really want to know, measure it. Mine is a 20" marked 1/8, but is actually 1/9. There are several ex-employees on here who can confirm this from the batch number on your barrel.
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 6:44:51 PM EDT
I don't have one yet. Will hopefully be in the market for one soon, That's why I asked.
Link Posted: 4/11/2011 3:53:21 PM EDT
hi,

a friend of mine was asking if a gen 1 msar stg 1.5x optic will work with a gen4 msar stg556 (not e4)

he just wants to know it will sit right and not too low or high.

thanks all
Link Posted: 4/11/2011 4:02:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By lluong222:
hi,

a friend of mine was asking if a gen 1 msar stg 1.5x optic will work with a gen4 msar stg556 (not e4)

he just wants to know it will sit right and not too low or high.

thanks all

MSAR receivers are all the same; take the same optics and rails. Whether it's too low, that's something that is subjective. Some folks with big faces can't smash them down enough to see through the low STG optic.
Link Posted: 4/11/2011 6:03:00 PM EDT
Oo ok. I was worried the 1st gen optics were diff in height than the 2nd,3rd,4th gens. So slaaping an optic from a gen 1 to a gen 3 or 4 would still get all shots on paper at 50yds?
Link Posted: 4/11/2011 6:45:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/12/2011 7:20:33 PM EDT by sgtlmj]
Oo ok. I was worried the 1st gen optics were diff in height than the 2nd,3rd,4th gens. So slaaping an optic from a gen 1 to a gen 3 or 4 would still get all shots on paper at 50yds?

There are MSAR optic heights: low and high.

They are fully adjustable optics with windage and elevation turrets. Doesn't matter how high over the bore they are. You can adjust the point of aim to your desired zero yardage just like any other scope.
Link Posted: 4/11/2011 7:08:23 PM EDT
thanks so much for the quick responses. someone offered me a gen1 optic for $260 shipped...is that a ripoff?
Link Posted: 4/12/2011 6:41:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/12/2011 7:20:25 PM EDT by sgtlmj]
thanks so much for the quick responses. someone offered me a gen1 optic for $260 shipped...is that a ripoff?

Considering they aren't making them anymore, that sounds like a good price.
Link Posted: 7/3/2011 8:09:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/3/2011 8:10:45 PM EDT by URBANCOMMANDO]
What is the reason MSAR refers to the rifle as E4-556 and the barrels marked 556 but yet the receiver is engraved 223 not 556 just curious ?
Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 1:55:18 AM EDT
What is ment by squar or round lock?
Does some one have pics they can post?
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 12:36:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Kodiak-AK:

It's the part that locks the stock to the receiver. Steyr's have always been squared-off. MSAR started out using a rounded lock, probably to keep their parts proprietary, but eventually switched over to the square lock.
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 10:17:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/5/2011 11:12:06 PM EDT by Kodiak-AK]
Originally Posted By sgtlmj:

It's the part that locks the stock to the receiver. Steyr's have always been squared-off. MSAR started out using a rounded lock, probably to keep their parts proprietary, but eventually switched over to the square lock.

Do you mean rounded off at ther top corners?
I have never held a real Aug for more than a few seconds before.
I guess a better way to ask is , What kind of lock is this? Can this rifle use Cheap Aug mags , or am I stuck with the STG mags that are hard to find?
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 9:46:14 AM EDT

I guess a better way to ask is , What kind of lock is this? Can this rifle use Cheap Aug mags , or am I stuck with the STG mags that are hard to find?
http://i52.tinypic.com/k1atyo.jpg

That's a square lock. When you see a rounded lock, there's no doubt about it.

The shape of the lock has nothing to do with which mags it can take. The earliest STG stocks had raised ribs inside the magwell to prevent Steyr mags from being used, but 2 minutes with a nail file would remedy that. The best indicator is the forward assist. If the stock doesn't have the forward assist, it will take Steyr mags without modifications, but again, it's a super easy fix.
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 10:03:11 AM EDT

http://i52.tinypic.com/k1atyo.jpg

That's a square lock. When you see a rounded lock, there's no doubt about it.

The shape of the lock has nothing to do with which mags it can take. The earliest STG stocks had raised ribs inside the magwell to prevent Steyr mags from being used, but 2 minutes with a nail file would remedy that. The best indicator is the forward assist. If the stock doesn't have the forward assist, it will take Steyr mags without modifications, but again, it's a super easy fix.

Thanks for that info. I have one of the forward assist stocks, so I am going to try this.

One question though, will it still take the MSAR mags?
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 10:04:26 AM EDT
^ I meant after you file down the ribs.
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 10:11:18 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Suppo:

Yup, MSAR mags will still work no prob. I used to have a pic of the difference in the magwells somewhere, but I can't find it. If you compare mags you can see where MSAR left a channel down the sides of their mags to interface with the ribs in the magwell.
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 10:12:35 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Suppo:

Yup, MSAR mags will still work no prob. I used to have a pic of the difference in the magwells somewhere, but I can't find it. If you compare mags you can see where MSAR left a channel down the sides of their mags to interface with the ribs in the magwell.

Thanks again for this info!
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 7:53:00 PM EDT
Great info, thanks for posting it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2014 6:10:51 PM EDT
Here's my E4

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j393/FreakSF/th_54d1fa20682f9dbce02d2af67e3e63bc.jpg

I'm a lefty and this works great and was simple to convert thanks to ratworks. I love this gun.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:37:32 PM EDT
So, is the MSAR in production again? I can't find anything that directly tells me whether or not they are being made again.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 12:59:21 PM EDT
be nice to have pictures of the listed model differences
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top