Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2017 10:01:06 AM EDT
While doing some searching last night, I found the Accurate Powder now has a powder called TCM and they are showing data for reloading the 22 TCM!  Now I just need to find some more bullets. The search has shown that the vendors I checked are 'out of stock'.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:03:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I've loaded a few thousand 22tcm with h110, but I'm interested!

I would never have thought that someone would make a powder specifically for the little round, it's not as popular as I would like.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  I've loaded a few thousand 22tcm with h110, but I'm interested!

I would never have thought that someone would make a powder specifically for the little round, it's not as popular as I would like.
View Quote
What weight bullet and what velocity are you getting out of how long a bbl?
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 2:07:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What weight bullet and what velocity are you getting out of how long a bbl?
View Quote
I've loaded 40g armscor under 10g of h110 and it shot at 1820 fps out of a 5" barrel.  10.4g gave me blown primers.

I have the rifle as well, I loaded 35g nosler, 40g vmax, 30g Barnes, and 40g armscor. I never got to chrony the rifle, but I loaded them at up to 12.3gr under the 40gr bullets in the rifle.

The rifle kinda sucks... wish I hadn't bought it as it now just sits. I love the pistol though!
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:40:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I've loaded 40g armscor under 10g of h110 and it shot at 1820 fps out of a 5" barrel.  10.4g gave me blown primers.

I have the rifle as well, I loaded 35g nosler, 40g vmax, 30g Barnes, and 40g armscor. I never got to chrony the rifle, but I loaded them at up to 12.3gr under the 40gr bullets in the rifle.

The rifle kinda sucks... wish I hadn't bought it as it now just sits. I love the pistol though!
View Quote
Very cool.

I picked up a 1911 Double stack in TCM last year. Very fun to shoot.

I also picked up dies and have been saving my brass. Can't wait to try out some loads
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 5:14:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I would LOVE for someone to make a "K" sized barrel for the MPX in 22 TCM. Fun little round!
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:49:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Very cool.

I also picked up dies and have been saving my brass. Can't wait to try out some loads
View Quote
Work up carefully. Tiny changes in charge weight are big changes in pressure.

Happy loading!
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:28:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have the rifle and the barrel is a bit underwhelming to say the least.  I will rebarrel it with a 1/12 or 1/9 stainless when I finish up another project.  It seems a few guys are talking about rebarreling, but it seems no one has and has talked about it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Needs a blowback AR upper and a mag block.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:40:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Happy loading!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very cool.

Happy loading!
Seems similar to 5.7x28 in that regard. The little guys are fun to load for, but require close attention during development.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 8:15:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have the rifle and the barrel is a bit underwhelming to say the least.  I will rebarrel it with a 1/12 or 1/9 stainless when I finish up another project.  It seems a few guys are talking about rebarreling, but it seems no one has and has talked about it.
View Quote
I'll be tuning into that if you so it.  Really thought about that with mine, but I don't think the action is worth it.

I got 5 shot sub moa with mine, but it was tough.  And there was always that 1 flyer that opened it up to 2+ moa in a 10 shot group...
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 6:13:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'll be tuning into that if you so it.  Really thought about that with mine, but I don't think the action is worth it.

I got 5 shot sub moa with mine, but it was tough.  And there was always that 1 flyer that opened it up to 2+ moa in a 10 shot group...
View Quote
That is a lot better than mine, 2 MOA tops with 5 shots.  My barrel has really shallow rifling with a jog in the middle of the barrel like a reamer or button stopped and started.  It seems a cool little round, and I want to give it a chance.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I have the double stack pistol, and looked at the rifle.  Meh.  Pretty low quality, didn't buy.

In my loading experience, I've found H110 to be accurate but not up to factory velocities.  Fred Craig told me it would not be.

However, Alliant 300-MP would get me very close to factory velocity while retaining the accuracy.  Lil Gun would get the velocity but no accuracy.  

I use .22 Hornet load data as a starting point to guesstimate and the factory loads have always been hotter than any that I have made.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 6:55:39 AM EDT
[#14]
It's not much different than a 22 mag? Except you can reload it, Or am I wrong?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:07:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's not much different than a 22 mag? Except you can reload it, Or am I wrong?
View Quote
The TCM pushes a 40g jhp bullet at nearly 2000 fps out of a 5" barrel.  

The 22 mag pushes a 40g bullet at 1900 fps out of a 24" barrel.  

And you can reload the tcm.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 3:20:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:  It's not much different than a 22 mag? Except you can reload it, Or am I wrong?
View Quote
It's a .22" WMR bullet @ rifle velocities out of a common handgun design.  It's close to 5.7x28mm FN, but the FN has a spitzer bullet and requires a proprietary handgun.  The .22" TCM probably reloads much easier, however.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top