Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2017 4:30:10 PM EDT
Anyone load this new NOE 500 grain bullet in their socom?
http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product_info.php?cPath=84_466&products_id=3622

I first tried OAL at 2.24" Using the slotted Sheridan case gauge, the bullet appears to stop the round from entering deep enough into gauge.

Although, the dummy rounds seem to feed fine into my tromix barrel. Hate to drop OAL too much. I am starting with Lyman jacket data (not much else out there). Using 26gr 1680.

I am "guessing" pressures would be lower with a cast bullet than jacket so perhaps there is a little margin to reduce cartridge length.

Anyone find a reliable COL for this bullet?
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 8:09:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Pressure is higher not lower with a cast bullet and the same charge!  Cast seal the bore better.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:41:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Ive seen bullets similar to that one loaded for 458.  Go run thru the 458 Socom Forums.  A few guys are loading 500s over there that Ive seen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top