Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2017 4:26:48 PM EDT
I just got some 300 gr XTP bullets to try out in my 5.5" Redhawk with some H110, CCI magnum primers, and starline brass.

Here is the bullet next to the 240 gr XTP.

Attachment Attached File

I'm usually very happy just using hodgdon load data off their website.

Attachment Attached File

I'm wondering about loading long and using the first cannelure since they should still fit in my Redhawk cylinder (from what I've read). Is it worth doing this? What loading would you expect to be more accurate? Is there a good source of data for using the longer OAL? Is there much benefit to the longer OAL with a 5.5" barrel?

This is just for fun, no real practical purpose. I just got into 44 magnum and love it and I get a huge adrenaline rush just shooting it. I want to make accurate and reliable ammo, and of course stay in safe boundaries.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 5:51:45 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.sixguns.com/tests/tt44mag.htm

if they fit, you can load up a bit more powder and gain some velocity

work em up with care

I typically do with my 310 LEE's

Link Posted: 8/13/2017 10:58:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top