Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2017 6:01:21 PM EDT
I remember seeing and reading about a modification to the Dillon case feeder for the XL650 (and I assume the 550) where you could stop the flow of cases to the press. It was like a pin or something that you could insert to keep the cases from being fed to the shellplate.

I also think there was something to stop the primers from feeding as well, but that is less important to me.

Anyone know where I can find this info? I think I remember somebody selling them on eBay, but then stopped.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 6:29:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Googled "mod to stop case feed on dillon" . . . Lo and Behold:

How to stop Case Feeding on a Dillon
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 7:03:28 PM EDT
[#2]
To stop the primers from feeding remove the primer cam, 13670.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 8:54:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Since I have the Dillon allen wrenches mounted right next to the case feed, I grab the second largest allen and put the short end in the case feed bushing hole which prevents cases from feeding into the press.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Googled "mod to stop case feed on dillon" . . . Lo and Behold:

How to stop Case Feeding on a Dillon
View Quote
Awesome, that is perfect. Thank you.

Same guy has another video on stopping the primer feed:

How to stop primer feed on a Dillon XL650
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Since I have the Dillon allen wrenches mounted right next to the case feed, I grab the second largest allen and put the short end in the case feed bushing hole which prevents cases from feeding into the press.
View Quote
I do the same thing. Works well enough.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I made an "n" shaped thing from a coathanger

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

to stop primers frm advancing remove this...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 8:29:40 PM EDT
[#7]
This is what I did

Steel shim, keeps primers from advancing.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:32:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks everyone. You guys are awesome!
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:40:36 PM EDT
[#9]
The approach for a Hornady press is slightly different, since the case feeder advances cases differently.  

I put a sheet of card stock (or one of those "this is not an actual credit cards" I have received a gross of from credit card companies) on the case feed pivot, underneath the lowest case in the feed tube.  It works well, though I have to watch the card to ensure it doesn't move too much.

The primer feed system is also different, and it doesn't need to be restricted to keep it from feeding primers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top