Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2017 7:04:25 PM EDT
Well my digital scale finally crapped out today, it is a little over a couple of years old, and I am not looking to spend hundreds of dollars, any specific model anyone can recommend?  I have not even looked at them for a while now and I know technology changes over time.  So let me know what you are using and what you are happy with.

This is not directed at OP.

Take your juvenile jokes and leave them in GD, they have no place in this Technical forum. dryflash3
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#1]
<removed> take that to GD, does not belong in a Technical Forum. dryflash3
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 7:42:23 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 7:43:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I picked up a GemPro 250 about a year ago and have been happy with it. It was $110 when I got it last summer.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 8:21:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I picked up a GemPro 250 about a year ago and have been happy with it. It was $110 when I got it last summer.
View Quote
I have one as well. I like it a lot. But I am very careful with it. It doesn't move from its spot. So far, after a year, it hasn't drifted at all.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I gave up on digi scales a long time ago.

Beam scales are where its at.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 8:48:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I have used rcbs scales and have been happy with them.  I am still on my first scale (8+ years) and it still holds its calibration correctly.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 9:21:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I have used a lot of beam scales over the years, but I really like the digi scale and it was accurate and stayed calibrated, but I think it got to hot in the shop and killed the LCD on it
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 9:29:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I have had a Chargemaster for 4 or so years now. Quite pleased. I recently left Bullseye in it for about two weeks when I left for unplanned emergency. AC leaked. Humidity is bad combo. Powder was glued to container. Asked RCBS if I could buy new cylinder. They had a free one in mail that day. I know a few people have had issues but I suspect there are a lot more happy with purchase.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 11:47:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Have had a Pact Precision since they were the first to introduce them in 1994. Bought a Gempro 250 about a year or so ago. It's a great scale and highly recommended. It is touchy, doesn't trickle well, display too flat and you have to get above it to read the numbers. It's slower than my Pact and the extra digit will drive you crazy trying to get the exact weight. Have had no issues and it is accurate to the hundredths rather than just tenths. Myself, if I had to give up one of my electronic scales I'd keep the Pact Precision. Wouldn't load without one unless the electricity goes off. Other good electronic scales but my only experience has been with these two.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 12:11:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Wouldn't hesitate to buy another Dillon electronic scale if need to, but my 20+ year old one is still going strong
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:41:32 AM EDT
[#12]
I may be in the minority here, as I use the cheap digital scales ($15-20) you find on Amazon.  I have 2 scales that both read out to two decimals when set to grains.  I realize the second decimal is mostly noise/garbage, so I'm mainly focused on the first decimal place.  

I drop 10 powder charges, and weigh them, move the decimal 1 place (in my head) and I'm set.  Typically the two scales will read the same out to the first decimal.  While the scales are not the most precise in the world, what's the chances that both are going to be off by the same amount?

P.S. I've checked them against my beam scale and they are within a tenth, so good enough for what I need.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:15:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Cheap scales drift and are unsafe to use to measure powder.

Try taking a charge you weighed and remove it and set it back on the scale.

Doesn't read the same twice? That's drift.
View Quote
Couldn't agree with this more.  I was using some cheap ones to measure out pistol loads...  Having tons of trouble.. Got a new Frankford Arsenal scale and found out I was getting half loads..  I threw them away.  Like the FA one.  Ad I also just got Chargemaster from the Gander closeout!  TONS BETTER!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I own balance beam scales and trust them completely. For $60.00 to $100.00 you'll have scales that will be reliable for decades. Buy a set of check weights for added peace of mind.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:27:30 PM EDT
[#16]
My Dillon is more than 20 years old and is a refurb to boot.  Still accurate.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Not to derail, but has anyone used an lab balance for reloading? I'd have to imagine accuracy and calibration would be spot on
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:14:29 PM EDT
[#18]
I use a Gempro 250 and a RCBS Chargemaster, the cm measures to the nearest tenth of a grain and the Gempro measures down to .02. I have no complaints with either, hell I haven't used my beam scale since I got the Gempro.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 11:25:27 AM EDT
[#19]
FX-200i

http://balance.balances.com/scales/924
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top