Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2017 6:09:18 PM EDT
have a box from brownells  coming with powder being delivered  by fed ex. do these have to be signed for? have never  got powder delivered before.  thanks
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
have a box from brownells  coming with powder being delivered  by fed ex. do these have to be signed for? have never  got powder delivered before.  thanks
View Quote

Fedex policy. I ranted a bit on the Brownells forum and got a canned response "we'll look into it".

Only solution is to ask them to use UPS.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup. Fedex requires it. They dont allow it to be held at any location except hub. That option is not available online but if you call them you can request it to be held. Or wait till they make 3-4 attempts and then it gets held at hub for 5 days I think. Mine opens early (7:30?) so I stop in on way to work.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:19:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh god man, you are so S O L.

I had 3 attempts to deliver 2 months ago, always early mornings. Maybe just maybe fedex you should shake it up and try a bit different time frame after the second fail.

Then they call, blahblahblah, painful. Finally convinced them to try a 4th and final time, had to take the day off from work, wouldn't give a time frame on delivery(probably early afternoon).

SOB showed up early morning, same as the last 3 attempts. I now officially hate fedex.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:31:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Depends on how good you know the driver. My fedex and ups drivers always sign for me, but I also live in the country.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 2:42:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depends on how good you know the driver. My fedex and ups drivers always sign for me, but I also live in the country.
View Quote
Yup, same thing for me, hell the Fedex and UPS guys come to BBQ's and shoot guns with me at my house..
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:43:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm one of the fortunate who have understanding employers.

My bosses let me have powder/primers delivered to our place of business.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 5:59:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I absolutely HATE FedEx.

Half the time even when someone is home they claim that nobody was there.  The nearest FedEx hub is 45 minutes away with no traffic.

USP never an issue, FedEx, bunch of asshats.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 6:14:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I had to sign for my Powder Valley Fed Ex shipment two weeks ago.  They showed up at about 10:45 a.m.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 10:26:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Just for future reference, you can create an account with Fedex, and have packages delivered at certain time frames. Like after 5pm, before 10AM, or the like. Depending on the signature you need, you could print off a Shipment Release Form from the website and leave it on the door. A piece of paper with order information and your printed/signed name work too. Check the door tags for the signature box on the bottom too. If the box to sign is ripped off somebody needs to be there.

Signatures suck. I make every attempt i can to get those packages off my truck. I don't understand the "no show" signature drivers. They don't get payed if they can't deliver the package.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 5:26:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I always use UPS for powder, primers, or anything to be signed for. My UPS comes between 5-6 PM, I check tracking and don't really plan anything big after work, I'm usually home then at 2-3 PM. Fed Ex Ground fucks up shit like crazy, I asked Fed Ex to come after 2 PM and they show up at 10 AM. Only reason I got my Dillon press is the guy wanted it off the truck so he came back at 4:30.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top