Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2017 11:31:45 PM EDT
I got my reloading stuff out of storage. My powder measure stand evidently reacted with the bolts and corroded/oxidized the aluminum and caused some of the powder coat peeled up. I figure I will strip it and repaint it since it now needs it. 

My Partner press did the same thing but not as bad. Funny thing is I totally thought it was a Rock Chucker all these years. Kinda disappointed by that but the Partner will still do what I need. 

Also so thought I had a RCBS hand prime, nope I've got an old style lee autoprime with all the shell holders. Now I need to decide if I want to return the RCBS universal handprime or keep it and sell the Lee
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 12:09:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Take it to a body shop paint supply store and have them color match some in a spray bomb can.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 12:35:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 12:42:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Deep green will get you close on the new presses, but if you are going to repaint it, why does it have to be green to begin with?

https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/stops-rust/hammered-spray/

As for the older presses with more of the lighter neon green color, Rust-Oleum Safety Green (7533) is a close match for them.
View Quote
Fair enough question. IDK green just seems like the natural choice. Guess I could see what I got in the garage and use that. I know I've got about 2 dozen different spray cans in there and not spend a dime. 
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 2:10:38 PM EDT
[#4]
A pretty good match in color is Rustoleum  Hammered Deep Green spray paint. It's not a perfect match, but it's close and looks good being "hammer tone".

As far as the hand primer, I would keep the RCBS universal myself. I have one and really like the feel when seating primers.

Link Posted: 3/20/2017 4:42:36 PM EDT
[#5]
That does look good.
Could paint everything and it would all match great
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top