Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2017 7:53:05 PM EDT
Have been shooting mostly coated lately, but have been advised to try some jacketed 9mm 115's for a comped barrel (vs plated or coated, etc) - Don't know much about Jacketed 9mm, but Zero is usually my go-to for 10mm jacketed... Seems like there are a lot of options out there though, RMR, Everglades, Xtreme, etc - any preferred brands/sellers for Jacketed bullets?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 8:16:24 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are 'fishing' I'd suggest getting a sample (100 rounds) from the various vendors and see which one you like best.

I've been reloading coated bullets mostly, however I'm considering moving towards jacketed for some of my reloads, so I ordered some samples from RMR, PD and Zero to try out.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 8:58:50 PM EDT
[#2]
for a comp'd barrel, I'd look at JHP   . . . less fouling in the comp

Comps work better with a slower burning powder

Montana gold

Hornady HAP

etc
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:56:42 PM EDT
[#3]
ZERO makes very accurate bullets. You cant go wrong with them. I shoot thousands of their bullets every year. Owner is a bullseye shooter.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:09:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ZERO makes very accurate bullets. You cant go wrong with them. I shoot thousands of their bullets every year. Owner is a bullseye shooter.
View Quote

This has been my experience, good company.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:17:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:43:22 AM EDT
[#6]
RMR makes their own fmj for same price or cheaper than plated. $79 shipped plus they have 5% discount code now.  Going on 4000 loaded rounds so far and don't see any plans on going back to Berrys unless they're cheaper.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 11:55:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
RMR makes their own fmj for same price or cheaper than plated. $79 shipped plus they have 5% discount code now.  Going on 4000 loaded rounds so far and don't see any plans on going back to Berrys unless they're cheaper.
View Quote

RMR no problems here either
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 3:02:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
for a comp'd barrel, I'd look at JHP   . . . less fouling in the comp

Comps work better with a slower burning powder

Montana gold

Hornady HAP

etc
View Quote

OK, so JHP instead of Round Nose?  I had been looking at Zero Jacketed Round Nose, but if JHP is better for comp'ed I will pick up a box at the range this weekend and try them out....

If (Jacketed) Round Nose is fine then I will likely try the RMR's.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 2:16:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Any opinions on Precision Delta?  They seem to have good prices and visually they look pretty - but that doesn't always mean much.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 1:59:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Any opinions on Precision Delta?  They seem to have good prices and visually they look pretty - but that doesn't always mean much.
View Quote
I have been using them for a while.  They have been good to me.  I was thinking of picking up some of the RMR because they are just a few bucks cheaper.  I would recommend them.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 2:57:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Have been shooting mostly coated lately, but have been advised to try some jacketed 9mm 115's for a comped barrel (vs plated or coated, etc) - Don't know much about Jacketed 9mm, but Zero is usually my go-to for 10mm jacketed... Seems like there are a lot of options out there though, RMR, Everglades, Xtreme, etc - any preferred brands/sellers for Jacketed bullets?
View Quote

have shot over 10k BBI coated through my open gun at 1380 fps with no issues like leading etc.   i was actually quite surprised.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 5:41:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

have shot over 10k BBI coated through my open gun at 1380 fps with no issues like leading etc.   i was actually quite surprised.
View Quote
Interesting, that was original plan - I load plenty of BBI but was advised to go jacketed for peace of mind.  Maybe it is a non-issue.

I did read up on the JHP vs FMJ deal, the exposed base of the typical FMJ tends to lead up after 500-100 rounds it seems, with JHP no such problems.  I'll likely pick up a box of Zero JHP at the range this weekend and load some up and run side by side with some BBI I have as well.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 1:31:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Range trip was a bust, no AutoComp and no zero 115 JHP, so back to square one.  They did have Zero 124 JHP but figured I would do some more research before buying...
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 3:27:39 AM EDT
[#14]
you want to have a bullet where the rear is fully covered or coated. the previous owner of my open gun shot exposed rear FMJ 's and i had to scrape the lead out of my comp. After cleaning my comp i have run BBI and MG CMJ through it and there is no leading , just carbon from the gas.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:15:57 AM EDT
[#15]
I've been using these and have no complaints.  Free shipping to.

PrecisionDelta
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top