Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/10/2017 11:56:33 AM EDT
Hey guys I plan to start reloading for 5.56/.223 and have been looking for componants. Iv noticed some places have bullets sized at .223 and some at .224, can anybody explain the reason of this to me please? I plan to be reloading for plinking and for defensive ammo. At the moment I have a rifle with a 1/9 chrome lined barrel, so it's the light grain bullets for me till I get another ar15. I get good results with 5.56, 55grain m193 so I'd like to use that and work up the most accurate load I can with as close to that as possible.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 8:28:38 AM EDT
[#1]
You want .224 diameter bullets......any weight from 45 grains to 75 grains should stabilize in the 1/9 twist.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 12:44:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 2:36:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hey guys I plan to start reloading for 5.56/.223 and have been looking for componants. Iv noticed some places have bullets sized at .223 and some at .224, can anybody explain the reason of this to me please? I plan to be reloading for plinking and for defensive ammo. At the moment I have a rifle with a 1/9 chrome lined barrel, so it's the light grain bullets for me till I get another ar15. I get good results with 5.56, 55grain m193 so I'd like to use that and work up the most accurate load I can with as close to that as possible.
View Quote

What manuals do you have and have you read them?
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for all the info guys and I haven't got any manuals yet I'm completley new, I plan on getting the newest manual by hornady, number 7 I beleave it was that I read. I'm gonna try and find more manuals than the 1 but if you guys have a suggestion for a better one let me know. I plan to load to the m193 round specs if I can. Come Friday I'm gonna start collecting equipment, my dad is giving me one of his single stage presses to start with. So you guys know, I am not taking this lightly, I know it can be dangerous and will not be doing anything until I know what I'm doing is correct. I have a few local shops I know I can get powder, bullets, dies, and primers from as well as reloading manuals and other equipment. Is there any special steps I should take once I get started or special equipment that would be helpful? Also, what is your guys take on small base does? I only have one ar15 at the moment but plan to build more down the line. What brand does should I start out with for 5.56? What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 11:42:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 12:45:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Alrite, awesome thanks man, like I said I'm gonna hit up the shops once I get paid on Friday and look at some gear. I'm a big fan of hornady stuff to begin with so I probobly will end up using hornady stuff. So far all I have done is separate my 5.56 from .223 brass. But I have been reading as much stuff as I can online about reloading whenever I have a second on my phone, and I read the first couple steps in the reloading .223 guide that was posted but I'm at work at the moment so Il have to finish in the morning but so far it's detailed and well written so it should be very helpful.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 4:43:41 AM EDT
[#7]
You are doing good by reading and researching, but don't put the cart before the horse.

Get a written manual First.

Read it, twice.  then go out and select your "brand" of equipment.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 9:16:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Reading everything you can about reloading before starting out is always good, but having an experienced reloader teach you what to do and explain how things work and tell you why is ten times better. If your dad is an experienced loader consult with him and ask him questions. Have him teach you how to do it.
Ask us here if he's not available, we're always ready to help a new guy get started the right way.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 9:49:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Yea I definetly plan on getting a few manuals as soon as I get paid, I found an offer on hornady 55grain soft points I couldent refuse and bought a bunch lol! But he has been reloading for a while just not for the ar15, he is gonna be teaching me what he knows though about reloading in general so I do have that going for me too. I do plan on reloading for some other calibers as well but .223 and 5.56 are the priority first. I want to reload for the 7.5 Swiss but it is actualy cheaper to buy loaded brass ammo, shoot it and save the brass than it is to buy brass. I also have a Bulgarian makarov that I want to reload for too and a few 9mm pistols, but my dad's been reloading for 9mm since before I was born so he can teach me that one. But I want a few older guns I'd like to get my hands on and reload for also like the Japanese arisaka rifles, a French mas, and a mosin Nagant at the moment until I find more that peak my interest. But I buddy around with a few older guys at the gun shops I frequent that reload also so I can ask them for some pointers, I'm always up for learning something new and would rather ask for help than blow myself up.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 9:50:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks man I apreciate that, I'm glad to know that I have people I can ask for opinions on stuff or if I need help with anything.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 9:58:09 AM EDT
[#11]
8 of 10 once fired cases need trimmed.  I would suspect some are pushing max or over, right out of the box.  

I use a Trim It II because it trims, chamfers, and deburrs in one operation.

Buy a Sheridan chamber/case gauge.  I also use a Wilson trim checking gauge.

Forster dies are among the best.

Take a look at RMR projectiles.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 11:53:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yea I definetly plan on getting a few manuals as soon as I get paid, I found an offer on hornady 55grain soft points I couldent refuse and bought a bunch lol! But he has been reloading for a while just not for the ar15, he is gonna be teaching me what he knows though about reloading in general so I do have that going for me too. I do plan on reloading for some other calibers as well but .223 and 5.56 are the priority first. I want to reload for the 7.5 Swiss but it is actualy cheaper to buy loaded brass ammo, shoot it and save the brass than it is to buy brass. I also have a Bulgarian makarov that I want to reload for too and a few 9mm pistols, but my dad's been reloading for 9mm since before I was born so he can teach me that one. But I want a few older guns I'd like to get my hands on and reload for also like the Japanese arisaka rifles, a French mas, and a mosin Nagant at the moment until I find more that peak my interest. But I buddy around with a few older guys at the gun shops I frequent that reload also so I can ask them for some pointers, I'm always up for learning something new and would rather ask for help than blow myself up.
View Quote

You're off to a great start already, keep it up.
If your dad reloads any bottle-neck rifle cartridge he will know what to do for an AR. The procedure is the same only the specs change.

.223 and 5.56 are the same except 5.56 is a higher pressure, higher velocity round, you would be better off starting out using .223 data. The most accurate loads are almost always near the upper end of .223 data anyway. Unless you have a specific need to load to the higher pressures and velocities of 5.56 it's usually a waste of time and components and will put more stress on the rifle. IMO accuracy is more important than velocity because what good is a fast bullet if it misses the target ?
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:28:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

.223" diameter bullets are usually used in older 22 Hornet rifles.  Most of these will be less than 50gr.  I've never seen anything larger than 50gr that wasn't .224 diameter.

If you like M193 for plinking loads, the best 55gr FMJ bullet I've used yet is the Hornady 55gr FMJ-BT.  With a red dot sight I'm getting about 2 to 2.5 MOA out of them from pencil weight, non-match grade barrels.  They're probably capable of a little bit better if fired through a more accuracy oriented barrel and used with a scope instead of a red dot.  You probably won't get better than 1.5 MOA, and more like 1.75 MOA with them no matter how good your barrel is.

They're my favorite cheap plinking bullet by far, though my opinion could change after I try some Varmint Nightmare bullets from Mid South.  If they outperform the Hornady they'll be my new favorite.  Until then, however, these are king of the hill for plinker loads.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:31:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the info guys and I haven't got any manuals yet I'm completley new, I plan on getting the newest manual by hornady, number 7 I beleave it was that I read. I'm gonna try and find more manuals than the 1 but if you guys have a suggestion for a better one let me know. I plan to load to the m193 round specs if I can. Come Friday I'm gonna start collecting equipment, my dad is giving me one of his single stage presses to start with. So you guys know, I am not taking this lightly, I know it can be dangerous and will not be doing anything until I know what I'm doing is correct. I have a few local shops I know I can get powder, bullets, dies, and primers from as well as reloading manuals and other equipment. Is there any special steps I should take once I get started or special equipment that would be helpful? Also, what is your guys take on small base does? I only have one ar15 at the moment but plan to build more down the line. What brand does should I start out with for 5.56? What do you guys think?
View Quote

Hornady is a good manual.  I learned years ago from the 5th edition of that manual how to get started.

The only other manual you might want is Lyman if you ever plan to get into bullet casting.

Aside from that, you will probably collect manuals over time. Sometimes it's worthwhile to get a manual from a bullet manufacturer for a particular projectile you want to use.  For example, the Hornady manual will have no load data for Nosler bullets, which is inconvenient if you wanted to try Noslers.  A powder manufacturers manual might or might not have load data for the Nosler you're looking at, but the Nosler manual obviously would.

One thing you can do is buy single cartridge load manuals.  These are cheap, usually around 10 dollars, and contain extensive load data from many manufacturers for a single cartridge.  I have several of these and find them useful as additional load data.  They are not replacements for having at least one proper load manual, however.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 9:18:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey guys I found a few manuals on midway in gonna order tomarow morning. Hornady and maybe one of the other big ones, as well as the one that's ar15 specific. I have a question though about bullets, what's the deal with the military surplus bullets? How would I find a load for something like that? Would I make my own load or are there loads in the books for stuff like that? Not ordering anything like that yet, just out of curiosity.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 9:44:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hey guys I found a few manuals on midway in gonna order tomarow morning. Hornady and maybe one of the other big ones, as well as the one that's ar15 specific. I have a question though about bullets, what's the deal with the military surplus bullets? How would I find a load for something like that? Would I make my own load or are there loads in the books for stuff like that? Not ordering anything like that yet, just out of curiosity.
View Quote

You would generally load based on bullet weight.

In other words, if you buy some surplus 55gr. bullets, you would use the load data for a similar 55gr. bullet in your load manual.

Free tip:  You will learn that lighter bullets require more powder, therefore, if you have to decide between loads in a manual, it's safer to use load data for a heavier bullet than for a lighter one.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 12:36:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Awesome! Very interesting tip btw, I dident know that. Thanks man!
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Awesome! Very interesting tip btw, I dident know that. Thanks man!
View Quote

Click on the letter icon at the top right corner of this page. That's the private messaging system for this site. When it's "lit up" you have a message.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 9:27:39 PM EDT
[#20]
a great place to start with a proven track record is the Hornady 55 grain SP. They are readily available in bulk and lots of folks have had excellent results  loading this bullet. Ramshot Tac is good powder to start with.

Good loading and shooting
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 10:02:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Yea I think I'm gonna try the soft points and the fmj, how's the expansion on the soft points, say for something like defense?
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
.223 bullets are for older 22 cal varmint rifles, the 223 used .224 bullets.
View Quote

Well, I'm glad you cleared that up.  :-)

That's like explain to a newbie that the 38 Special uses .357 bullets or that a 30 cal rifle uses .308 bullets.  Or why the 303 uses .311 bullets.

This kind of stuff used to drive me NUTZ!  What really helped me was buying the NRA Metallic Cartridge Reloading book.  The book is chock full of crap like the above BUT, in the back, almost hidden, was all the SAAMI spec drawings for both pistols and rifles.  To me, that was a "gold mine".  The drawings show the minimum and maximum dimensions of both the loaded cartridges and their chambers.  If you want to know, for sure, which bullet diameter is the official diameter to use, SAAMI specs are the place to go.

Luckily, all that info is now on line. Go to SAAMI.org and follow the links to cartridge and chamber specs.

Link to SAAMI.org
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:48:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:38:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Ok so I got all my stuff and actualy found an ar15 specific book for reloading. I decided to start out with 55 grain hornady bullets and started with 23 grains and worked my way up by .2 grain increments making 5 bullets for each step for a good group, and I have to say I am damn impressed with the results with a trs 25 at 50 yards I was getting decent groups but I just got a new scope thanks to my gf to try different loads out for a little better accuracy with my crappy eyes. It was raining and sleeting something terrible while I was at the range so I dident take any pictures but 24 rains was something like a half inch group, so I what's everyone's thoughts on the whole 25grains of h335 deal. This is gonna be my I guess all around/target/personal defense if needed/whatever round. Should I just load them at 24 grains or kick it up a notch to 25 and take the little hit in accuracy for better velocity. I also have some bl-c2, both my books say that I can get awesome velocity out of it without hitting a max load so I grabbed some to try. It will give me a wider range on the table to get a higher velocity with better accuracy was my thinking. But once I choose any loading for 55grain I'm gonna load 1000 to 1500 rounds to keep on hand then move on to a heavier load for maybe a soft point or hollow point for a better defense round, then also maybe a varmint round, something in the 50 to 53 grain range. I got a load from the one person who showed me how to pm in this thread so the varmint round should be covered but I'm down for some loads that would be good for a 1/9 twist gun for defense. What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:01:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:36:12 AM EDT
[#26]
I will second the recommendation for the Lyman manual, I started with an earlier edition back before there was much information available on the web.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:54:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Ok, I can start doing that. Sorry about that, I am usually only a lurker. Lol
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:58:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I will second the recommendation for the Lyman manual, I started with an earlier edition back before there was much information available on the web.  
View Quote

I have the hornady number 9 manual and I think it's a Lyman ar15 specific manual too, but I want to get a few more. I have read both of the ones I have

And am still trying to gather as much info as I can, I am realy enjoying reloading and like learning about it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:37:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:57:41 PM EDT
[#30]
If you do a google search you can find a PDF of Lyman 48th. I have a hard copy of the 47th but with the 48th I was able to print out just the sections I wanted and made a sort of custom manual in a binder and also add in my load data and range notes. I've been thinking of picking up the 50th and the hardcover was actually on amazon a while back for less than $20. Should have grabbed it but hesitated and the price when back up. If it drops again I'll likely grab it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 3:31:32 PM EDT
[#31]
That AR specific reloading manual is horrible to start out with. It is great if you want to load off calibers that a lot of the other manuals don't cover.

I would recommend the Speer manual it has so much info about any and everything you will want to know. From safely knowing how to reload to calculating your velocities with the grain of the bullet you are choosing.

The other is Lyman 49 I have not read 50 but I am sure it is even better. This one because it has all the information about powder you will want to know.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:57:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If you do a google search you can find a PDF of Lyman 48th. I have a hard copy of the 47th but with the 48th I was able to print out just the sections I wanted and made a sort of custom manual in a binder and also add in my load data and range notes. I've been thinking of picking up the 50th and the hardcover was actually on amazon a while back for less than $20. Should have grabbed it but hesitated and the price when back up. If it drops again I'll likely grab it.
View Quote

Il have to see if I can find it, I was thinking of getting the Lyman 50th and the Speer manual.

But I have a few manuals on my phone I gotta print out to put in a binder, so Il have to check and see if I can find the 48th.

Thanks man I apreciate the info!
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:10:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
That AR specific reloading manual is horrible to start out with. It is great if you want to load off calibers that a lot of the other manuals don't cover.

I would recommend the Speer manual it has so much info about any and everything you will want to know. From safely knowing how to reload to calculating your velocities with the grain of the bullet you are choosing.

The other is Lyman 49 I have not read 50 but I am sure it is even better. This one because it has all the information about powder you will want to know.
View Quote

Naw I dident start with it, I picked it up after I got the hornady manual.

I basicly just used it for the load data for h335, hornadys loading only has it for .223 and it's super wimpy.

The max load is like 23 grains for a bolt gun in the .223 section, and they don't have h335 in their 5.56 section so I used the ar15 book for that data.

But I'm gonna try the load data in the hornady manual for the bl-c2 in the 5.56 section and I have been eyeballing a few more manuals, so I'm gonna see what kind of info I can find in those too.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 3:41:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Lyman 50 is a great manual. Has cast and jacketed data. A very good "how to reload" section in the front.

If you know the "secret" of beginning at the start load (lowest charge shown) and working up watching for pressure signs, then plated and powder coated data can be found in the data.

This "secret" is used when your components may be the same but a different brand (bullets, primers, cases....never powder) or when the firearm the load was tested in is not the same as  you have.
View Quote

What's the secret? Lol
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 9:02:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:02:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Reading the post.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lyman 50 is a great manual. Has cast and jacketed data. A very good "how to reload" section in the front.

If you know the "secret" of beginning at the start load (lowest charge shown) and working up watching for pressure signs, then plated and powder coated data can be found in the data.

This "secret" is used when your components may be the same but a different brand (bullets, primers, cases....never powder) or when the firearm the load was tested in is not the same as  you have.

What's the secret? Lol
Reading the post.

I honestly wouldent do things any different, I'd rather be safe then blown up lol
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:05:40 AM EDT
[#37]
What's everybody's choice for a defensive load, or something for home defense?

School me folks, if there are any tips I should know, fire them at me!

I like the hornady 55 grain bullets for shooting paper, but i don't think it would fare so well hire defense/home defense.

If I'm wrong tell me, knowledge is power lol!
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:56:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Depends on how expensive you want to go.  I've got some 75 and 77gr HPBT's I'll try loading up, along with some 62 grain bonded soft points.  TSX's and TTSX's are favored by some because they're supposedly more 'barrier blind', but I haven't spend the cash to try those yet.  For right now, all of my mags are loaded with PMC XTAC M855.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 5:33:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I like the hornady 55 grain bullets for shooting paper, but i don't think it would fare so well hire defense/home defense.

View Quote

A shotgun.  

Seriously. I don't know where you live but in my neighborhood the last thing I'd want to be shooting an intruder with is a rifle. There's just too much chance of shooting one of my neighbors by accident or one of my own family members.  

The AR would be just fine for shtf or maybe out in the country. As for bullets do you really think it matters?  If you open up on someone with your AR unless they are out of their minds they will be doing everything they can to get away from you.

Motor
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:03:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

A shotgun.  

Seriously. I don't know where you live but in my neighborhood the last thing I'd want to be shooting an intruder with is a rifle. There's just too much chance of shooting one of my neighbors by accident or one of my own family members.  

The AR would be just fine for shtf or maybe out in the country. As for bullets do you really think it matters?  If you open up on someone with your AR unless they are out of their minds they will be doing everything they can to get away from you.

Motor
View Quote

Can't say it any better than this.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:51:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Depends on how expensive you want to go.  I've got some 75 and 77gr HPBT's I'll try loading up, along with some 62 grain bonded soft points.  TSX's and TTSX's are favored by some because they're supposedly more 'barrier blind', but I haven't spend the cash to try those yet.  For right now, all of my mags are loaded with PMC XTAC M855.
View Quote

Any idea how much powder I would need to use per round to match the velocity of something like that?

Il have to look into the tsx/ttsx bullets, i have heard good things about hornady gmx bullets too and my book has loads for them.

I can also get the hornady soft points or the "v" or "z" max bullets, is imagine they would do some damage as well.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:59:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

A shotgun.  

Motor
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A shotgun.  

Motor

This is true, and Alrite then how about shtf ammo, I actualy plan on getting a 12 gauge soon for home defense.

I kind of like the versatility of the mossberg 500.

I kind of just want to have some good "human damaging" rounds on hand just in case, not just paper damaging rounds lol!

I do understand that any round is gonna hurt but I'd like to get some reliable defensive rounds ya know?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 2:17:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:24:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
A pound of powder is 7,000 grs.

Divide powder charge into 7,000 to know how many rounds can be loaded per pound of powder.
View Quote

That's actualy a awesome piece of info I actualy was wondering that, it's like you read my mind lol
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:53:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:03:26 AM EDT
[#46]
That's a might fine looking reloading bench! It underscores the importance of keeping things organized and being methodical.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:18:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Well you asked the question a couple of posts back.

A general rule with 223, takes 4 pounds of powder to load 1k.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's actualy a awesome piece of info I actualy was wondering that, it's like you read my mind lol
Well you asked the question a couple of posts back.

A general rule with 223, takes 4 pounds of powder to load 1k.

Did you build that bench and shelves yourself?

It's very nice, I like it! Also good tip, I'm gonna get a 8 pounder or more once I pick what my load is gonna be.

I have tried out h335 and settled on 25 grains so far.

It gives me decent accuracy and decent velocity, although I went all the way up to 25.8 and that gave me decent accuracy too with no pressure signs but I don't want to push it.

24 grains gave me the best accuracy but it's a matter of about a quarter inch at 100 yards so I picked 25.

I'm gonna give bl-c2 a go today and see how that does, I am looking for the best velocity with the best accuracy and bl-c2 In my book says I can get all the way up to 3,400 at max load, so it gives me some room to work with with 55grain fmj.

Any suggestions? This will also be shtf ammo squirreled away so I want it to be effective as well.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:46:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:14:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
BLC-2 data goes to 27.0 grs with a 55 gr bullet. I settled on 26.5 grs after working up.

I also load the SS-109 (62 gr FMJBT) and settled on 26.0 grs after working up.

Then I discovered Tac. Another ball powder, works great with all .224 bullets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you build that bench and shelves yourself? Yes, woodworking is another of my hobbies.</font>

It's very nice, I like it! Also good tip, I'm gonna get a 8 pounder or more once I pick what my load is gonna be.

I have tried out h335 and settled on 25 grains so far. <font color="#0000ff">That's where I settled, just below max.

It gives me decent accuracy and decent velocity, although I went all the way up to 25.8 and that gave me decent accuracy too with no pressure signs but I don't want to push it.

24 grains gave me the best accuracy but it's a matter of about a quarter inch at 100 yards so I picked 25.

I'm gonna give bl-c2 a go today and see how that does, I am looking for the best velocity with the best accuracy and bl-c2 In my book says I can get all the way up to 3,400 at max load, so it gives me some room to work with with 55grain fmj.

Any suggestions? This will also be shtf ammo squirreled away so I want it to be effective as well.
BLC-2 data goes to 27.0 grs with a 55 gr bullet. I settled on 26.5 grs after working up.

I also load the SS-109 (62 gr FMJBT) and settled on 26.0 grs after working up.

Then I discovered Tac. Another ball powder, works great with all .224 bullets.

My hornady book says the max for .223 is 28.1... I stopped at 27.5 tho for safety reasons.

I have seen that 27.5 should give me velocity to match the m855 round with is what I have been looking for.

It kind of freaked me out going from h335 and the max being 26 grains, then going to be-c2 with 28.1, I was getting nervouse about putting that much powder in the case, then crimping them, it's like my subconscious was telling me to stop lol!

The only wood working iv ever done was I refinished a yugo ska stock once and it took me like 2 weeks to get it where I wanted it and a ton of frustration so I haven't done anything else after that.

I'm gonna be hitting the range in like an hour today so Il put up a little range report when I get back.

I also picked up some 55grain Sierra game king hollow points, and some hornady soft points to try out just haven't loaded them up yet.

Do I need to start at step one again with working up loads with them? Or should I start at what my most accurate loading is with h335/bl-c2?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:11:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top