Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2016 1:04:34 PM EDT
I haven't gotten the swagger yet because when I looked at it, it didn't seem like it was something that would last a long time. was I wrong on that? i thought it might bend and break like the old rcbs kits.

do you like yours or would you do something else if you did it over?
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 1:55:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I haven't gotten the swagger yet because when I looked at it, it didn't seem like it was something that would last a long time. was I wrong on that? i thought it might bend and break like the old rcbs kits.

do you like yours or would you do something else if you did it over?
View Quote

I swear I seen this question earlier.  Anyways..

It is plenty strong.  Strong enough you could probably squash brass like paste before it broke a support rod.  It's ONLY 2 specific calipers.  No adapting it for anything else.  

Plenty of people have shown how to make a "drop box" for the finished brass so all a person has to do is drop the brass in from the top.  Very fast.  

It's the fastest method for Hornady people and faster than the Dillon super swage.  On press is the only thing faster and more convenient.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 2:03:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I swear I seen this question earlier.  Anyways..

It is plenty strong.  Strong enough you could probably squash brass like paste before it broke a support rod.  It's ONLY 2 specific calipers.  No adapting it for anything else.  

Plenty of people have shown how to make a "drop box" for the finished brass so all a person has to do is drop the brass in from the top.  Very fast.  

It's the fastest method for Hornady people and faster than the Dillon super swage.  On press is the only thing faster and more convenient.
View Quote

you did.  I posted it in the LnL thread that got locked after I posted it (thread lock was due to CoC violation of the OP).

thanks for your reply though
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 7:46:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I've posted this before in another thread, but I love mine. I have 2 tubs to the left of my press, one for brass needing swage, one for brass that's done. I grab a piece, pull the handle, drop it in, and repeat until my brass pops out swaged. I then grab that piece after dropping my non-swaged piece in. All a fluid motion with my left hand grabbing and dropping, and my right hand pulling the handle. I can get a piece ever 2.5-3 seconds once I get going. With the die opening being so wide, it drops in easily, and falls right onto the rod sticking up from the plate. The swaged brass will push the last piece up from the bottom of the other die far enough to grab it easily.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I got mine when they first came out.

They work great if you are not a bone head.

Remember to remove the V-block before use, or you will smash the snot out of the case slide rod guide spring.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 12:04:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 12:11:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one of these for 308 but haven't done much more than play with it currently.
It's good to hear positive results. I did read on amazon's site that the 223 model was no longer available but learning not to believe everything I read on Amazon.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 2:34:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Cheaper than dirt has them in stock for $80.24. That is less than I paid for them when they first came out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top