Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2016 7:41:17 AM EDT
I've got 2 presses. A CO-AX and a S1050. Most of my reloading is in bulk, but I use the single stage when I'm working up a load (223, 308) or loading for my 260Rem. I just bought a 375 H&H so I'm going to start loading for it to.

The COAX is neat, and I like the self aligning feature that is supposed to improve run out, but it seems to be a PITA or impossible to get certain dies adjusted. I was trying to do some 223 test loads recently and I couldn't get my Redding Competition seat dies adjusted far enough out to use on the COAX. I kept seating really short. I had to break out my standard Dillon sealing die. It's also a PITA for pulling bullets. I guess I could buy the Forster puller. Right now I have a Hornady. I just seem a bit dissatisfied right now.

I don't have room to have more than one press on top of the Dillon 1050. I'm considering getting a Rock Chucker, splurging on a Redding T7, or possibly get a Dillon 550 and getting the single stage conversion for it from Uniquetek.  

Talk me in or out of it.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:28:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Back your seating die off Then adjust your seating stem.

I would never sell the coax if I was into precision shooting.  It would not be my first choice for large production runs.  I have a Dillon 550 for that
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:58:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Love my Co-Ax but couldn't do without a standard single stage press. I have a RCBS Big Max and a RockChucker sitting alongside. Some tasks the Co-Ax isn't good at like primer pocket swaging with a RCBS press

swager, bullet pulling, and large case sizing. I use my presses in tandem. For instance seating a bullet on the Co-Ax and taper or roll crimping on the RCBS presses or sizing pistol brass on the Co-Ax and expanding on a

RCBS. The Redding T-7 is a great press and worth splurging for.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:39:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Love my Co-Ax but couldn't do without a standard single stage press.
View Quote
Get a basic single stage.

You have two excellent, but somewhat niche presses.

Forget the turret.  You don't need a third specialty press.

And if bench space is an issue, get one of the swappable mounting plate solutions.

I would never get rid of my CoAx or my RC.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:43:52 PM EDT
[#4]
The Co-Ax would be the absolute last press I would ever get rid of.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:29:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And if bench space is an issue, get one of the swappable mounting plate solutions.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Inline Fabrication makes some awesome stuff!  I use a RC for my load development, small batch making and bullet pulling.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:27:39 PM EDT
[#6]
You can get the Hornaday LockNLoad adapter kit for about $20 which works on a Rock Chucker or Redding Big Boss. I have a Redding T7 and never, ever have the dies I need in it. Changing dies with the LockNLoad is almost as fast as rotating a turret.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:51:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:03:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The COAX is neat, and I like the self aligning feature that is supposed to improve run out, but it seems to be a PITA or impossible to get certain dies adjusted. I was trying to do some 223 test loads recently and I couldn't get my Redding Competition seat dies adjusted far enough out to use on the COAX. I kept seating really short. I had to break out my standard Dillon sealing die. It's also a PITA for pulling bullets. I guess I could buy the Forster puller. Right now I have a Hornady. I just seem a bit dissatisfied right now.
View Quote

What generation is your Co-ax? The older generation Co-ax presses have shorter wishbone levers, so clearance for tall competition style dies were an issue.  The newest gen co-ax's have taller profiles for additional clearances for tall competition dies.

Forster has an exchange program, for a price. I do not recall the details, just remember reading about it on Forster's website when I was considering buying an older co-ax
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 12:01:11 PM EDT
[#9]
The upgrade costs $85.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 12:10:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Co-Ax would be the absolute last press I would ever get rid of.
View Quote

Nailed it! If you still plan on selling it, then shoot me an IM with what you're asking for it because I'm currently in the market for one.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 12:27:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Inline Fabrication makes some awesome stuff!  I use a RC for my load development, small batch making and bullet pulling.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I reload in a room about 8x10 which also contains lots of tools and such. I have 8 presses that I mostly swap between using the Inline Fab quick mounts. The SL900 and 1050 are the only presses permanently placed. Others (including co-ax), gets swapped on/off. I have the mounts flush to my workbench so I can use space for other projects.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 12:25:25 AM EDT
[#12]
inline makes awesome stuff

Link Posted: 9/29/2016 12:29:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Well I guess I'd be a fool to get rid of the Co-ax.  It is an older B2 model (still says Bonanza on the frame) but clearance isn't an issue with the dies I've been using.  

I have it bolted to a piece of wood and usually just clamp it in my big ass bench vise. My reloading bench with the 1050 is in a side room in the garage that is only 44" wide. The 1050 is mounted on T-track so I can slide it from side to side. I had the intention of using another press there, but it's usually just easier to set up stuff on my general purpose bench in the garage.

I guess I'll keep the Co-ax and get a RC and figure out how to manage my space. I've got way to many tools, gun stuff and car parts in the garage.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 7:05:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I use my Co-ax to pull bullets all the time. I use the Hornady bullet puller. Works great.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 11:53:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Co-Ax is junk, send yours to me.

Other than catalogs (in black and white) first one i ever met was right there in the shop of

Clay Spencer,

That right there was good enough for me.

Danny
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top