Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2016 1:54:12 PM EDT
Ordered 32lbs of 748 in 2013. They just asked if I still wanted it...   of course.
$20 cheaper per keg than current price.

I figured they just cancelled on me.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 2:19:46 PM EDT
[#1]
That's cool.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 2:52:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I am at 6 months on 48lbs of Varget with Graf's.  I hope to have it by the next election

My order with Powder Valley took right at 2 years last time for Lil'Gun and Universal.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:10:36 PM EDT
[#3]
In Jan 2013, they had Varget on special for $150. I have had 2 jugs on order since then. Brownells has not received any Varget deliveries since Dec 2012 (call if u dont believe me).

Back when I cared, I asked Hodgdon why they are not shipping to B's. H said B is not a preffered disctributor... meaning... B has to buy from middlemen. Grafs, PV are on the list. Thus you see Varget in stock often there.

Cabelas is not on the list either but they have no problem paying the high middle man cost (since their prices are outrageous).

B's sent an email out during the crazy saying they would never cancel backorders (unless they stop selling it). Of course the email never said they would actually ship it either.

Funny note.. a couple months ago B had powder on sale. The pic on their front page had bottles of powder in it.. Varget was one of the bottles. I thought it ironic since B will likely not see Varget in stock in my lifetime since they would have to honor the $150 price for the hundreds of jugs they still have on order.

Kind of shady....

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 5:57:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In Jan 2013, they had Varget on special for $150. I have had 2 jugs on order since then. Brownells has not received any Varget deliveries since Dec 2012 (call if u dont believe me).

Back when I cared, I asked Hodgdon why they are not shipping to B's. H said B is not a preffered disctributor... meaning... B has to buy from middlemen. Grafs, PV are on the list. Thus you see Varget in stock often there.

Cabelas is not on the list either but they have no problem paying the high middle man cost (since their prices are outrageous).

B's sent an email out during the crazy saying they would never cancel backorders (unless they stop selling it). Of course the email never said they would actually ship it either.

Funny note.. a couple months ago B had powder on sale. The pic on their front page had bottles of powder in it.. Varget was one of the bottles. I thought it ironic since B will likely not see Varget in stock in my lifetime since they would have to honor the $150 price for the hundreds of jugs they still have on order.

Kind of shady....

View Quote

I have received fliers in the past and they did have W748 in stock but they were 1 lb'ers I ordered 8 lb'ers.

They did honor the 3 years ago price of $155 the current price is $175 and they didn't cancel my BO so nothing shady occurred.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 7:45:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have received fliers in the past and they did have W748 in stock but they were 1 lb'ers I ordered 8 lb'ers.

They did honor the 3 years ago price of $155 the current price is $175 and they didn't cancel my BO so nothing shady occurred.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kind of shady....

But they have hundreds of 8lb jugs of Varget on backorder. 748 hasnt been nearly as in demand. They havent shipped any Varget and have no idea when they will get it. Its just silly they say they wont cancel but they also will never ship. Its not a lie.. But they are not telling the truth either.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:07:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

But they have hundreds of 8lb jugs of Varget on backorder. 748 hasnt been nearly as in demand. They havent shipped any Varget and have no idea when they will get it. Its just silly they say they wont cancel but they also will never ship. Its not a lie.. But they are not telling the truth either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kind of shady....

You don't know they will never ship, it took 3 years for my order. If you feel you are being misled cancel your order.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You don't know they will never ship, it took 3 years for my order. If you feel you are being misled cancel your order.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kind of shady....

think about it this way.. it is not all that hard for us to find these powders. I have purchased 3 jugs elsewhere since and mostly moved on to other powders. Obviously, they could too but are waiting for their vendors to sell it to them at a reasonable price. It shouldnt take 3 yrs. They are just not interested in losing money which I understand. Just dont tell me you will never cancel backorder. If they ever actually ship, I will know that the world has gone back to normal.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:52:31 PM EDT
[#8]
No I got a 32lb order from Widener's shortly after I made the B order, then a year and a half later another 32lbs from Midway.

I just don't think they are holding out for a few bucks per jug, that drives customers to other dealers. If that is the case why even hold backorders so long? Nobody would be butthurt over a cancelled 2 year old backorder.

I checked this morning and it showed they were out of stock no back order for my 748 so it isn't like they got a ton of it hoping to sell at the current price. The last order I got from Midway was the same way. I got the email notification, ordered 32# by the end of the day they were out again.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 2:04:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Seems the hording is starting up again.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 2:43:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

The order is from 3 years ago so I guess it never ended. I have gone through 48lbs in that time.

32# is only 5k-7k rounds, I shoot rifles every weekend so I go through it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:39:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The order is from 3 years ago so I guess it never ended. I have gone through 48lbs in that time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

we have gone through 10lbs of 748 in 30-30 since I started bulk loading it about a year ago...

U use in 223? What else? Very nice metering.

We shoot every Saturday on friend's ranch near Smithville. Nice but longest is 100yds so we do a lot of none-match shooting.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:12:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

we have gone through 10lbs of 748 in 30-30 since I started bulk loading it about a year ago...

We shoot every Saturday on friend's ranch near Smithville. Nice but longest is 100yds so we do a lot of none-match shooting.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use it in all my .223 loads(55gr-90gr) and all .308 loads(155gr-230gr).

A few months ago I switched to W760 for my long range only loads(90gr and 230gr) due to better velocity and case filling. Unfortunately W760 doesn't meter as well.  I still throw directly into the case but weigh every one. End up re-throwing 15% that go outside of my +/-.05gn limit.
Still quicker than trickling.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top