BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:27:51 AM EDT
[#1]
i have had great success with both H4198 and IMR4198

seems to be readily available in my area.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:44:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Keep this in mind especially because this is an election year. There's no one perfect powder for 223. More often than not its just having powder available to buy. So if you find one you like stack it deep. Same goes for brass and projectiles. That way when the next shortage hits in a few months. Your still shooting. Also if you reload other calibers look for a powder that will work in multiple calibers. For me I'm going to BLC (2), RE15 and unique. All of them meter well and are easy to stock up on.
View Quote

Excellent advice.  R-15 and Varget fill a very wide array of bullets with very good results.  My .223 AR's with Hornady 68g BTHP match bullets really like 25g of Varget, and 24.1g of R-15 does well with the Hornady 75g BTHP bullets.  I also use the R-15 and Varget for various .243 and .308 bullets.  I do use a little R-10X for 55g and lighter .223 bullets, but I almost always shoot the heavier .223 bullets.  Trying to minimize large amounts of various powders makes stocking up easier, and the horizon doesn't look good for component and supply availability...perhaps.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top